used toyota alphard? worth the price ?

wowjudo

Recently im going more and more on longer trips and plan to take 4-6 people with time to time

I saw that there are many 2009-2011 alphard/vellfire available @ 1.3-1.5M baht ( ODO is about 120k-160k KM)

can any alphard owner share their ride experience about this model ? Is it that silent and plush to ride as everyone says ?

wanted to go for the H-1 but after i test drove it i noticed quite some road noise and the interior clatters abit (feels really cheap)

i wouldn't mind spending a reasonable price to repair/refresh an used alphard and get something good that i can use for the next 5 years

• 1 month later...

You can buy a new Toyota Commuter for 1.2M - why get something old that you need to repair/remodel ?

im not a tour guide

and i dont think that the commuter comfort can even compete with the alphard one

i often go on long trips around thailand with my family once a month. i wouldn't mind refreshing a 5 year old car for the comfort and features i'd get

just asking around for longterm ownership info as i never got the chance to travel to bkk and test drive one

Recently im going more and more on longer trips and plan to take 4-6 people with time to time

I saw that there are many 2009-2011 alphard/vellfire available @ 1.3-1.5M baht ( ODO is about 120k-160k KM)

can any alphard owner share their ride experience about this model ? Is it that silent and plush to ride as everyone says ?

wanted to go for the H-1 but after i test drove it i noticed quite some road noise and the interior clatters abit (feels really cheap)

i wouldn't mind spending a reasonable price to repair/refresh an used alphard and get something good that i can use for the next 5 years

l noticed at least two at the Used Car Show today.

Personally if I was looking to do what you are, then I would go new or try and find a demo ...unlikely I guess

Wow, there was some overpriced rubbish at the show.

There is free coffee on the Amorn stand ...quite nice and you go in a daily draw for a coffee machien

Alphards and Vellfires are really nice cars. In Japan, The vellfire is marketed as a family-car (usually no leather seats, etc) while the Alphard is a bit more luxurious (leather seats).

Overall it's the same car. They are really comfortable though as my previous company's car was an Alphard. We had the 2.4 model (not hybrid). A bit sluggish, but decent enough for family trips.

There is 3.5Q model which has a decent engine and some extra bells and whistles.

If you can find one for 1,4 mil, then you are doing a good deal. You won't need to refresh things though...maybe a new set of shocks to keep the ride smooth, but that's it.

Alphards and Vellfires are really nice cars. In Japan, The vellfire is marketed as a family-car (usually no leather seats, etc) while the Alphard is a bit more luxurious (leather seats).

Overall it's the same car. They are really comfortable though as my previous company's car was an Alphard. We had the 2.4 model (not hybrid). A bit sluggish, but decent enough for family trips.

There is 3.5Q model which has a decent engine and some extra bells and whistles.

If you can find one for 1,4 mil, then you are doing a good deal. You won't need to refresh things though...maybe a new set of shocks to keep the ride smooth, but that's it.

Thanks for the info joe!

toyota thailand should have all the parts i hope ? I think they sell the 2016 model officially now but i am not sure if they sell parts for the 2009-2015 models

I run a vellfire in HK for my showroom,

Cheap and basic mechanicals but comfy and reliable. There is a long story about the Alphard and vellfire and why the vellfire exists but apparently its all due to he headlights. As mentioned essentially the same ca. I prefer the vellfire looks more modern. 120,000kms is nothing for these lazy engines. Oh and parts sometimes can be tricky to get immediately but always in fast as the model is all over asia.

The OP is looking for a 7/8 seat comfortable MPV and not a 11/12 seat basic minibus with few creature comforts.

http://www.toyota.co.th/en/model/ventury/gallery

2 airbags for 6 people

crappy 2.7 gaso engine

not even a cruise control

those toyota vans are the most uncomfortable things on the road...you might as well get a VW Caravelle

Do people really care about cruise control in thailand? biggrin.png

The OP is looking for a 7/8 seat comfortable MPV and not a 11/12 seat basic minibus with few creature comforts.

http://www.toyota.co.th/en/model/ventury/gallery

2 airbags for 6 people

crappy 2.7 gaso engine

not even a cruise control

those toyota vans are the most uncomfortable things on the road...you might as well get a VW Caravelle

Do people really care about cruise control in thailand? biggrin.png

Cruise Control ... I use it a lot ...of course not in BK traffic