Current Fast track immigration options?

On 23/02/2016 at 3:01 AM, KittenKong said:

I've noticed that not all airlines always hand out the fast track vouchers all the time. It seems to do be down to erratic Thai working practices rather than anything else. When I wasnt given a fast track voucher on my last flight I just used the fast track lane anyway, armed with my boarding pass. In LHR, access through fast track security is by boarding pass colour anyway: there is no voucher.

Occasionally when regular immigration is busy at BKK they sometimes redirect economy class travellers to fast track.

I've only received fast track cards when travelling business class. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/23/2016 at 6:01 AM, KittenKong said:

I've noticed that not all airlines always hand out the fast track vouchers all the time. It seems to do be down to erratic Thai working practices rather than anything else. When I wasnt given a fast track voucher on my last flight I just used the fast track lane anyway, armed with my boarding pass. In LHR, access through fast track security is by boarding pass colour anyway: there is no voucher.

Occasionally when regular immigration is busy at BKK they sometimes redirect economy class travellers to fast track.

Fast track vouchers have to be requested and payed for and by the airline.

Therefore not all airlines provide fast track vouchers.

It depends on the airline and has nothing to do with the airport ground staff.

I wish that they checked the fast track better for non compliance.

• 2 weeks later...
On 23/08/2017 at 8:31 AM, merijn said:

Fast track vouchers have to be requested and payed for and by the airline.

Therefore not all airlines provide fast track vouchers.

It depends on the airline and has nothing to do with the airport ground staff.

As I mentioned, not all airlines hand out these cards all the time. This erratic behaviour is surely down to bad working practices and has nothing to do with whether the airline buys the cards or not.

Not buying the cards would simply result in the airline never giving them out, which also happens with some airlines.

• 2 weeks later...

Qatar airways always provide fast track vouchers when departing from Bangkok. However, upon arriving in Bangkok, the queues are usually dreadful, has anyone ever used a fast track voucher that enables you to pass through a fast track when arriving in Bangkok? Does any airline provide these vouchers?

Gulf Air provide them for business class. Used fast track in and out a few times now. They appear to assign the more serious immigration staff to the arrival counters.It would be nice to be greeted with a hint of a smile sometimes. I'm tempted to use normal immigration if the queues are short.

Fast track is quicker on departure although it can be sluggish at times with Xray/body scan queues of 8 or so as it appears some airlines give late check-in/standby passengers fast track cards.

On 2/21/2016 at 11:53 AM, coppywriter said:

I have difficulty standing for too long so now I use a walking stick. The first time I went to the airport using it, I was directed to use the fast track and sailed through.

After the flight as I was getting off the plane, I found they had requested a wheelchair for me and was taken by an airport guy all the way through the fast track right up to the taxi rank.

Now when I check in I go straight up to the airline help desk just beside the actual check in counter for that airline and request "wheelchair assistance" They take my bags and papers etc and check me in as "priority" so no need to wait in any line.

The wheelchair arrives with it's driver and off we go, whizzing past everyone. When it's time to board the guy comes back to take me right up to the aircraft door before others are allowed to board.

Now my need for this free service is genuine whilst some others might just abuse it, but who's to know.

In many airports around the world you can now see at immigration a dedicated line for VIPs, pregnant women or with young children and OAPs. You don't need a wheelchair, just a walking stick.

You stated you use a walking stick, please explain how you then say "my need for this free service is genuine". No it is not, you, (by your own admission), need a walking stick, not a wheelchair.

8 hours ago, chopin2 said:

Qatar airways always provide fast track vouchers when departing from Bangkok. However, upon arriving in Bangkok, the queues are usually dreadful, has anyone ever used a fast track voucher that enables you to pass through a fast track when arriving in Bangkok? Does any airline provide these vouchers?

If you travel business or first class.

• 3 months later...

On 2017-09-09 at 3:19 PM, chopin2 said:

On 2017-09-09 at 11:46 PM, The manic said:

If you travel business or first class.

I arrived yesterday having travelled on business class, and i yes, i got a fasttrack vouchure. But the normal line wasn't as nasty as i expected it to be, so i saved the vouchure for an other occation. The airport was anything but crowded. What happened to the high season, and the ever rising turist arrival numbers?

3 hours ago, up-country_sinclair said:

There wasn't a date or bar code?

No date and no bar code. Just a serial number and the airline stamp, and they are exactly the same as those Qatar airways provides on departure. The immigration officers just collects the vouchures, doesn't seem to pay to much attention to what's printed on them.

• Like 1