Michigan massacre suspect identified as Jason Dalton

webfact

Michigan massacre suspect identified as Jason Dalton

606x341_324926.jpg

KALAMAZOO: -- Seven people were shot and killed and several others wounded in the US state of Michigan on Saturday night.

A suspect was arrested and has been named as Jason Dalton.

Authorities and local media said three separate and apparently random shootings took place in Kalamazoo County.

“We have multiple people dead. In summary what it looks like is driving around finding people and shooting them in their tracks,” Kalamazoo County Undersheriff Paul Matyas told reporters.

Four people were reportedly massacred at a Cracker Barrel restaurant including a 14-year-old girl. A father and son were gunned down at a Kalamazoo car dealership.

Local media said on Sunday a teenage girl who was shot had died, becoming the seventh fatality.

Police and the Kalamazoo Crime Lab were searching a house registered to the 45-year-old suspect.

euronews2.png
-- (c) Copyright Euronews 2016-02-22

Many mass murders are carried out by knives, swords, and machetes...maybe if there were less of these around...we would all be more safe...

Same logic for many common household products...

If people have a will to kill...they will find the means to do so...the gun just happens to be the weapon of choice for many nut cases...

Ban nut cases...not guns...

Pointless debating the issue

I just hope Hillary wins

ENOUGH

I read that Clinton's way of reducing guns is to make the manufacturers and sales outlets liable for if their products are used in a shooting, Survivors or relatives could sue for compensation?

Any truth in that or was it just some silly urban myth type journalism?

Many mass murders are carried out by knives, swords, and machetes...maybe if there were less of these around...we would all be more safe...

If people have a will to kill...they will find the means to do so...the gun just happens to be the weapon of choice for many nut cases...

It has to be supremely silly to keep defending the indefensible.

By all means try and ban nut cases (if you can identify them before they go postal) in the mean time, why not ban guns - it will, over time, provide a measure of safety..

In the UK we currently have a problem with some criminals obtaining antique guns to commit firearm crimes. These guns are generally described as "lethal to both user and victim" because of their age and because many are of obsolete calibres with ammunition over 40 years old. It's a problem but not a big one because every time a pistol is discharged, it makes the national TV news. I mention this because I believe it shows that because firearms are so difficult and expensive to get hold of (not to mention entirely illegal - 10 years to life for possession) that criminals are having to resort to using dangerous antiques.

Am bemused by much of what goes on with the USA.

Agreed the constitution gives the right to bear arms.

But at the time the constitution was written firearms were muzzle loaders with flint lock ignition.

So presumably all US citizens have the right to carry muskets, flint lock pistols etc. Any later technology would be outside the constitution and would require special legislation to legalise possession and use.

Just thinking out loud.

There are people that have walked this route before you, have a chat to them and the sky will clear.

Guns don't need to be banned, that's what some you American folk don't understand. It's about control and restriction.

NOBODY NEEDS TO walk the streets with a loaded AK47 or Uzi or whatever, END of story.

It ain't rocket science.....stop trying to over complicate it, stop acting like naughty little children lol

All that off topic of course but I would like to know more about this Dalton freak and where he got his weapon.

Edited by neverdie

Guns don't need to be banned, that's what some you American folk don't understand. It's about control and restriction.

NOBODY NEEDS TO walk the streets with a loaded AK47 or Uzi or whatever, END of story.

It ain't rocket science.....stop trying to over complicate it, stop acting like naughty little children lol

All that off topic of course but I would like to know more about this Dalton freak and where he got his weapon.

NOBODY DOES walk the streets with a loaded AK47 or an Uzi unless they have a federally issued class 3 license...or are not following the existing gun laws against the ownership of automatic weapons.

The people that follow the laws would not be considered a threat to society.

Aussies don't understand everything either.

NOBODY DOES walk the streets with a loaded AK47 or an Uzi unless they have a federally issued class 3 license...or are not following the existing gun laws against the ownership of automatic weapons.

You're right Chuck, we don't understand why you wouldn't just follow our lead and make streets safer, just like we did. We don't understand why you all find it so acceptable to see so many innocent children slaughtered in school massacres, when so e modification to your current system could make it safer.

I do understand there are very different demographics there and also the fact that your not an island like us, with a big bad border to deal with.

What I do know is, your current system doesn't work and almost any changes within reason should at least be tried.

I do also NOW UNDERSTAND, why you might want to be armed to the teeth to protect yourself from your own crackpot government, I accept they are a real risk to you whereas before I couldn't understand that.

Have a good day.

You attended NRA propaganda course I see.

Let me know if guns are designer for other purpose than shooting bullets and therefore wound or kill people.

But even with all the evidences, stats and unfortunately deaths, you cannot open your eyes..USA don't needs terrorists.

Guns are the weapon of choice because it is easy to handle, let people kill from distance and has more chance to hit multiple targets before getting caught.

But you can go back to sleep, it is ok

Kalamazoo... close to home.

I went here: http://data.worldbank.org/indicator/VC.IHR.PSRC.P5

I was thinking I might find the UK not being very different from the US, but the data indicates the US is roughly 5 times worse. Fair enough.

What I did find interesting was that Europe in general seems to be inline with the UK - very low homicide rates. The US and Thailand (very limited data) seem to be on par with each other.

BUT, LOOK AT SOUTH AMERICA!!! OMG Practically every country is an order of magnitude more deadly than the US and Europe.

I doubt one could argue that there is an order of magnitude more guns in SA versus the US. So there must be another explanation.

The data does seem to suggest that there is something more significant going on here than just "gun control".

Guns are made to kill, no question. The debates on control or elimination are difficult and complex. I personally do not own, and have no desire to own. I have no fear of my neighbor owning, in general. My problem with all of the gun control proposals is simply this: I don't believe you can do it. If you convinced me that guns would be eliminated 100%, then okay, maybe. But you cannot convince me of that. Ever.

And in the US, we still have this concept that our right to own guns is our right to protect ourselves from the GOVERNMENT, as well as criminals. While I think this concept (with regards to the government) is a little out of date in the modern world, it still has some merit.

They seem to have understood quite well : since the massacre in 1996 they restricted gun and strangely the shooting are nearly inexistant since then..now let compare this to USA...oh wait....