Bike Riding Club ( Motorcycles)

ray23

my experience has shown me there are a lot bike riders in the Udon area. Group rides are fun, but it's difficult to organzie rides just simply because we don;t know how to contact each other. I actually thought about strating a forum for Issan riders, it's freee to do but I just learned how to turn this thing on :o

But maybe just an e-mail list to notify guys of planned rides would work just as well. We are heading into good riding weather and lots of events for rider over the next four months.

Well let me know if you got any interest and maybe we can something going. :D

That was a great site the guy moved down to Hua Hin and the site pretty much died, but I do have some good news, Dave at GTriders board has said he is going to set up a section for Issan riders where we can paot trip and get together for rides.. Now the trick is to get the word out to the other riders, we can be a loners just because of our hobby.

So if you have friends plaese tell them about the site, I haven't checked this morning to see if it is up yet but that would be very quick if it is.

That was a great site the guy moved down to Hua Hin and the site pretty much died, but I do have some good news, Dave at GTriders board has said he is going to set up a section for Issan riders where we can paot trip and get together for rides.. Now the trick is to get the word out to the other riders, we can be a loners just because of our hobby.

So if you have friends plaese tell them about the site, I haven't checked this morning to see if it is up yet but that would be very quick if it is.

Dave has the forum up and going on GTriders... Hope that any riders from Issan will get on and support it so that we can get some rides/trips going around this area...

Pianoman

First let me say Thank You to Thaivisa for allowing this, not many forum would be a undserstanding. Sceondly now it's up to us to keep each other informed. Just another one of my hair brained ideas and I hope it works well for everybody.

G'Day mate

When you guys are heading to UBON or near by, let me know,, got just Virago VX 750, need driving,,,

-Marco-

my experience has shown me there are a lot bike riders in the Udon area. Group rides are fun, but it's difficult to organzie rides just simply because we don;t know how to contact each other. I actually thought about strating a forum for Issan riders, it's freee to do but I just learned how to turn this thing on :o

But maybe just an e-mail list to notify guys of planned rides would work just as well. We are heading into good riding weather and lots of events for rider over the next four months.

Well let me know if you got any interest and maybe we can something going. :D

Well you could be wrong, I see a group here in Udon that has restored Honda Dreams the first models put out by Honda I think they were dreams but my memory doesn't work that good. They seem to have about 150 members on the rides another is a vespa group. I have seen a many as 60 on rides, so there is a place to play.

For me the speed isn't what it is about now others that is everything, I ride with friends who have 125 four speeds and it's 60 most of the time. It's getting out sharing fun times with like minded people and avoiding Cabin fever. I have been trying to get the guys around here who have 125's out and about not much luck yet but I will keep trying.

I have a 750 a 150 phantom and the wife has a 125 all are fun to ride. each just a different ride.

I'll post a trip that is just great for 125's if you just tokk a few days doing it and I gurentee you will see more then I did on my 750. I have decided that I will go back and sepnd a fwe day doign it and really seing the area, it was very beautiful and I think worth the time.

Udon Thani Loie Loop river run

We got underway about 0945 From Udon there were three riders and my lovely wife made four. On Guy An American and avid rider Tung Dee ( Gold is Good) A guy I met fro the first time Sabo, not sure where he from but one heck of a nice guy, normally rides with Udon Super Bikes and he sure had one 900CC CBR. Me on my ancient 750 Yamaha. .I knew I was going to be looking at some tail lights, the norm for me. Tung Dee rides a phantom 15o and mean rides at last count he had 16 bikes most of them Phantom 150’s seems to really like them. He likes to cruise at 120 no matter the road so I knew I would be looking at tail lights there as well. These guys were really cool did their thing then waited for me to catch up. Made for great breaks in the ride. This was the first long ride on the 750 since numerous trips to the hop during the rainy season. I am happy to say it just purred all the way through, no problems at all.

We took 210 to Nung Bua Lampho, there is still a bit of construction going on but nothing to worry about. What you have to watch for is most of the highway is still two lane and thee is a huge amount of truck traffic making for some dicey passing at times.

At Bang Wai Hai you need to veer over to 201, it’s at a light and as I recall marked in English for Loie, great road in that stretch. We fueled up in Loie, which worked out fine only needed one more fuel stop to finish the ride. All the service station will be on your right as you go through town.

Out side of town you will come to a T intersection to the right Chaing Khan, till on 201 turn right and you will be on 201 until you hit 2 back to Udon or Nong Khai which ever. When you get Chaing Khan another to T go right. If you take a immediate left it will take you one block over and you will find hotels and nice restaurants right on the river. Good food and not expensive in nice places to eat. I you don’t want to eat just keep going,

This road can be tricky a lot of the time for the first 50 Km I was at 60 a lot. Not to far out of Chaing Khan the road surface is really bumpy not so much pot hole there are a few just the surface itself uneven. Uneven enough that I was bottoming out a lot. Now the other guys had newer equipment and one person up so they were not bottoming out.

We discussed it at lunch and decided to part company after lunch I knew the way back from there and they had been gracious enough to hang in their with me. But, I couldn’t help but think I was holding them up and they were not getting much fun out of the ride. It’s just s difference in riding styles I like to take it easy and enjoy the views. They were riding sports bikes and wanted to use them. For Dee cruising at 120 is where he is comfortable where I’m comfortable is 90 to 100. With older equipment you need to baby it a bit if you want to keep riding it. So they headed out together but it was funny they till kept waiting for me at tricky spots. I grateful but I have ridden here for four years and I was OK. They are just nice guys. I try not to ride beyond my capability or my equipments capability.

There was one section about 40 KMS out that a large road project was under way and you went from asphalt to slippery clay for about 75 meters. The warning you get landslide ahead, well it’s not, but if you don’t slow down you probably will when the bikes slides out from under you LOL.

Gas station few and far between I set my rip meter at Loie, at 148 KMS I fueled at a station on the right, I had passed one other on the left. That was the last one I saw until Sii Chaing Mai.

This road between Chaing Khan runs pretty much right along the river, beautiful scenery. But, I did not know the distances so I rode fairly hard for me anyway. I really didn’t get to enjoy it as much as I would have liked. Next time I think I will try a hotel in Sii Chaing Mai or Chaing Khan and just take the day to ride there is lots to see.

Anyway continue down 201 that will take you through Sii Chaing Mai and Tha Bo, it you want to stay on the river road about mid Tha Bo, hang a left and work your way back to the river. That road has been recently redone and I a great stretch of road. Go right and you will end up in beautiful down town Nong Khai.

If you stay on 201 it will T intersect with Highway 2, you go to go left you want to head to Udon do the first turn around and you will be headed back to Udon, go straight and you will be in Nong Khai. We stopped not to far up the road at the Blue Mountain Coffee stop, good place for a little break and then back to Udon. I was due for fuel again in Udon had to go to service stations to get it. This makes twice this week I have encountered service station’s in the Udon, that did not have gas only diesel. Good reason to keep a close eye on the fuel.

Door to door left 0930 return 1800 447 kilometers.

We are going to try to come up with a ride next weekend but I would be more fun to join one of yours instead LOL

By the way this was a lot more then me and my back were ready for so I will be toning down the distances a bit. This one woul actualy make a pretty good car trip as well.

Here u are mate

http://www.gt-rider.com/

Hi Ray,

Sorry i could not make the ride, i would of loved to of come, but in dreaded UK at the moment, what is the web address for gtriders. as your previous links have not worked

Thanks marco, there are some good sites, just bought CBR900 from Udon, i think you may know the bike.

Edited by Thaicoon

Hi Coon

CBR 900,, that is one nice bike,,, i got my Virago XV 750 yesterday and that is nice smooth ride,, need some update though,,

-M-

Here u are mate

http://www.gt-rider.com/

Hi Ray,

Sorry i could not make the ride, i would of loved to of come, but in dreaded UK at the moment, what is the web address for gtriders. as your previous links have not worked

Thanks marco, there are some good sites, just bought CBR900 from Udon, i think you may know the bike.