Bang for your buck

oval

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would imagine all bikes are superior to China bikes. I think it depends on where your homeland is. For me being from US I don't care what others think but I would never own a China bike, why? Because it's a China bike.

\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\

True American logic !!

You should be a politician.

I would imagine all bikes are superior to China bikes. I think it depends on where your homeland is. For me being from US I don't care what others think but I would never own a China bike, why? Because it's a China bike.

I come from a little island called Great Britain, when I was growing up everybody rode British bikes but the first Japanese bikes (and cars) were starting to appear.

I frequently heard people say that they would never buy a Jap bike, they called them Jap Crap in those days... how things have changed!

I come from a little island called Great Britain, when I was growing up everybody rode British bikes but the first Japanese bikes (and cars) were starting to appear.

I frequently heard people say that they would never buy a Jap bike, they called them Jap Crap in those days... how things have changed!

I'm kind of excited to check out the Royal Enfield, great look. I don't have a problem with the bike made in India. But I wouldn't purposefuly. seek out a product made in China. For me it's a matter of pride-simple as that.

Edited by thehelmsman

So how much is the Royal Enfield, (I couldn't find a price on the InterWeb) does anyone know, out of curiosity?

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/index.php?app=core&module=attach&section=attach&attach_id=366634

Thanks for the effort DILLIGAD but the link wont open, it just keeps asking for my username and password,,, even though I am already logged in. Even in a different tab it keeps doing the same thing! Just keeps going in a circle. I had a look at the site on TV but couldn't see any pricing...

So how much is the Royal Enfield, (I couldn't find a price on the InterWeb) does anyone know, out of curiosity?

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/index.php?app=core&module=attach&section=attach&attach_id=366634

Thanks for the effort DILLIGAD but the link wont open, it just keeps asking for my username and password,,, even though I am already logged in. Even in a different tab it keeps doing the same thing! Just keeps going in a circle. I had a look at the site on TV but couldn't see any pricing...

Sorry, it opens for me. Look down the recent thread entitled Royal Enfields and the link is there with prices.

)

Re. The 2 stroke suggestions - are they much more difficult to maintain than more recent 4 stroke bikes? Are they practical for someone who knows nothing about motorbike maintenance? Some of those NSR's look great...

To get this thread " back on thread" ( OP asks about the fastest bike he could get on a budget and then people start suggesting Honda Waves/ Stallions/Filano's.......???????)

Anyway: 2 strokes have less moving parts ( no valves/camshaft etc) and are therefore easier to maintain.

Those Thai build 150cc's are stock already pretty fast and besides fuel ( BENZIN 95) and 2T oil don't need much maintenance, parts are still widely available and even a top end rebuild won't cost that much.

While a 4 stroke can be easily tuned by just fitting a powercommander of some kind, making a two stroke go faster you will have to put some more effort in, chancing parts ( like a new exhaust or carb) is one but then you need to start fiddling with jetting etc,to get things right, which will need some more technical nowhow.

If OP decide to go for a 2 stroke ( so he can ride like a true hooligan) I would suggest to stick with the THai build 150 cc's , and stay away from exotic's ( like the TZM250 in the link from a poster) although very tempting for these kinda " classics" you will need deep pockets to keep them in good running order.

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/863535-royal-enfields/page-2

Post 43 - helps to look at a RE thread for info on the brand

Thanks for that, so basically they are a 100,00 more for the closest equivalent. I am looking for a bar hopper, other than the "Air Blade " I have now. So the Stallion still interests me. As it has been stated, it used to be "Jap crap" and now look...

The Chinese are manufacturing almost all of the computer parts in the world, and there aren't too many (if any) big companies that don't use their parts or equipment. If it is a new bike it must have some sort of warranty. The chrome on my Harley's has suffered in the Phuket atmosphere so I guess only time will tell with that. If it lasts 2 years and costs nothing to maintain it I would be happy with that.

Didn't get a chance to go for a look see today but I will post back with pics when I do.

Cheers

Sorry don't mean to hijack, but could anyone recommend best Scooter with a bit of power for two up, to ride around town and also do some weekend away trips on. . I.e is the Forza any good for this. MAny thanks.

Yes it is , I took the TW to Nan on the Forza , probably the best day's riding I have ever had . Ok the good weather helps. The Enfield in England was fun but the weather mostly wasn;t.

Just a opinion and thought? The size of the Forza would one still consider it a "scooter" a scooter in my book would be maybe a Honda Click 125, or even a PCX-150. What isn't a Forza 300C.C.?

yes.

Why its not scooter? Scooter can have 650 сс

Scooter its type moto, not size engine.