Mail-in 90-Day Report Concern

Is there any way to check on-line if your mail-in 90 day report has been processed? I sent my 90-day report to Chaeng Wattana on Feb. 8th. The report was due on Feb. 16th. I haven't received the report slip back. I did enclose a stamped self-addressed envelope. I also confirmed that the report was delivered to Lak Si on Feb. 9th through EMS tracking. I am not willing to make a trip out to Chaeng Wattana before I renew my retirement extension in April so if the report wasn't processed, I'll just pay the fine when I renew. Do other TV members have the experience of receiving the 90-day report receipt quite late? Thanks.

One niggling little problem is that the hotel has apparently lost the original EMS receipt but they kept the tracking number. That's how I was able to track its delivery to Lak Si. Without the original receipt, I guess that it will be a judgement call for the IO. I do have a copy of the papers that I sent and I'll take them along.

You can print out the proof of delivery from the tracking page. That should be a enough proof you sent it.

The immigration website states if you have not gotten the report after 30 days you should contact them.

I have such little faith in standard mail that I put stamps totaling 40 baht on the return envelope so it will be sent by EMS. Last report was processed and sent back on same day it was received at the office up here. Got the receipt the next day.

just a quickie,

Mine is due this coming week, I am never normally here for 90 days.

I have prepared everything correct but you are saying if I put 40 baht in stamps on the return envelope (SAE), it will get back to me a lot faster?

I am sending to Sakon Nakhon.

You can print out the proof of delivery from the tracking page. That should be a enough proof you sent it.

The immigration website states if you have not gotten the report after 30 days you should contact them.

I have such little faith in standard mail that I put stamps totaling 40 baht on the return envelope so it will be sent by EMS. Last report was processed and sent back on same day it was received at the office up here. Got the receipt the next day.

just a quickie,

Mine is due this coming week, I am never normally here for 90 days.

I have prepared everything correct but you are saying if I put 40 baht in stamps on the return envelope (SAE), it will get back to me a lot faster?

I am sending to Sakon Nakhon.

If you put 40 baht worth of stamps on the envelope the post office will send it EMS and you will have it the next day after it was sent.

• Like 1

Been mailing in the 90 day for ages in Chiang Mai, I originally took the self addressed envelope to the post office and asked for an ordinary stamp. The guy puts on a 5 Baht stamp but charges 3 Baht?????? No idea what that is about, then it is 35 Baht for the EMS, so all in all 40 Baht, never had a problem, every report is back within 7 days of posting. (I keep the screen print from the original EMS just to be on the safe side)

I had the same problem last year.

Never got any return letter back.

The time limit past an I went to the Immigration.

I showed the my postal receipt, they were just smiling and said all is ok now and gave me a new report receipt..

My impression is you can never be sure about anything here in Thailand.

Keep your post office receipt and the tracking evidence/proof of delivery .

I doubt in the face of the evidence any attempt will be made to levy a fine.

Ha Ha! In your dreams! clap2.gifclap2.gif

That apart, why not effect on line, simple and free...even if you cannot use a computer, a friend might help!

Edited by Pdavies99

I am living in Phetchabun, it is belongs to the Phitsanulok Immigration Office.

Tuesday afternoon sent all papers by registered mail, include return envelope with register stamps.

Friday afternoon the confirmation slip arrived. So I have very good experiences with Thai Administration network.

Either to arrange marriage registration, yellow house book, 90 days notification by mail or internet, or by a car and change the ownership onto my name. First class!

In my 9-year experience of 90-Day Reports, I have never had a problem from provincial immigration offices. Latterly, I have been doing the report via the postal system and like you, was initially a little worried when the slip wasn't returned in due time. After a phone call to the office they confirmed that providing the report was sent RECORDED (NOT EMS) I just had to wait 30 days for receipt of same. It duly arrived albeit late on a couple of occasions. I now report to Chaeng Wattana and have done it online this month... Everything as smooth as silk! Pending application printed, Approved application printed which coincided with a message to my mobile phone to confirm Approval. Incidentally, I don't have Internet Explorer but was able to simply access the site via Firefox from my MacBook Pro. Hope this helps? ?

Ha Ha! In your dreams! clap2.gifclap2.gif

That apart, why not effect on line, simple and free...even if you cannot use a computer, a friend might help!

There have been many reports of immigration accepting the receipt and/or proof of delivery and not charging a fine. That is why the immigration website says to check in 30 days if you have not received the receipt.

Not everybody is able to do online reports. I can't do them for two reasons. One is that my last entry to the country is to old and the other is that I have gotten a new passport since the last entry.

• Like 1

Did not get mine back also from Chiang Mai immigration.

When i went to the office they said its in our system and report back on April the forth.

Still waiting for the report slip , but don't think it will ever come.

I also had a return envelope with registered stamp on it.

Looks its going wrong nation wide.

Yep - and likewise for me, too (also CM). It appears they didn't bother to return many report slips around the New Year period, leaving a lot of worried and unhappy campers. We rang to ask and the mailed report was already registered in their computer, but were informed that mail-ins were now stopped in the future.Likewise, we were told to report back in April.

A few days later, people were reporting that they were getting their slips returned by post. Weird stuff, even for CM.......coffee1.gif

Yes, this is the best way to do it! Send EMS and stamped addressed envelope return with pre-paid EMS. B74 there and back!! I have done two 90 day reports this way and as Ubon Joe says had it returned in just a couple of days.

if you have not had it returned it is possible there was a problem with the paperwork you enclosed and hence a delay.

most times I received my reporting slip back by post. on the one occasion I didn't, I waited for two extra weeks, then I went to the immigration and I produced the post office receipt to the 90 day reporting section and they immediately issue a receipt.

One niggling little problem is that the hotel has apparently lost the original EMS receipt but they kept the tracking number. That's how I was able to track its delivery to Lak Si. Without the original receipt, I guess that it will be a judgement call for the IO. I do have a copy of the papers that I sent and I'll take them along.

If you have the EMS tracking number you can look that up on the EMS website, once you`re in it should display a copy of the receipt of acceptance signed by an immigration officer when it arrived there. This you can also print out.

Considering how long it`s been since you posted your 90 day report I doubt the receipt will arrive at this late date. If you go for your visa extension and do not have an up to date copy of your 90 day receive, they could refuse to deal with your visa extension until you have it. Best to get everything sorted before you go, otherwise it`s your decision if you want to take a chance.

I printed out the proof of delivery from the EMS tracking page. I'll take that along with copies of the paperwork I sent in, which included the previous 90-day receipt when I apply for a new extension of stay. I think that human error is always a possible factor. The hotel clerk may not have put postage on the SASE or somebody at immigration may have been confounded by the fact that my previous 90-day receipt was dated March 15, 2015. I left the kingdom in May and returned on Nov. 16th, hence the latest report being due on Feb. 15th (13th?) I think that I'll be OK. At worst, I'll have to pay the fine. Thanks for your comments everyone.

• Like 1

I always put 50 baht in my EMS Envelope, first couple times, i put a note in asking them to send it back EMS, instead of standard post, which i lost my return post twice.

So now they send it back EMS, and now no problem....works for me.

Edited by Ghostnigel

Thank you all for your comments. I received my Receipt of Notification in the mail today and breathed a sigh of relief. I don't know if the amount of postage has any effect on the speed of delivery of the mail but it seems that the hotel put a three (3) baht stamp on my SASE! Next year I'll follow Ubonjoe's advice and make sure that a sufficient amount is put on to allow the return receipt to be sent by EMS.