Maya rooftop bars

JacksSmirkingRevenge

Question... how much are the beers at the bars on top of Maya? And do they have beer towers?

I need a place to drink. :)

I don't like the Zoe area with the backpackers, hookers, and Bob Marley wannabe's.....

And Nimman bars require that you buy food, and i just want to drink beers (anyone know a place where food purchase is not required/)

I am open to places along the moat as well. Live music bars, are a big plus... like Boy Blues Bar.

"And Nimman bars require that you buy food, and i just want to drink beers (anyone know a place where food purchase is not required/)"

Try any of these places:

- Dayli, soi 11

- El Patio, soi 11

- Beer Republic, soi 11

- D.fine, soi 5

- Club Cafe, soi 7

- Neighborhood, soi 17

The "Food Factory", more commonly known as the Blue Food Court in the basement of Kad Suan Kaew mall. They have beer towers served by a beer girl and on Thur-Sat early evenings an "Elvis-style band". It's Cheap Charlie Chiang Mai Chilling at its best. Actually, it's fun to do every so often with a group of friends.

Local beers at Maya are around 80-100 Baht a bottle. No more than any other Western oriented pub in town and not much more than 7-11... Spirits (which are served in generous measures - much more so than in most bars in town) run about 150 Baht including mixer and ice. Bottles of spirits may also be purchased at roughly the same as they can be in any other bar in town.

I like the rooftop at Maya - almost no farang there and a wealth of young, beautiful locals chilling out and enjoying the view. It particularly helps that there's a smoking area so you don't have to go down 6 flights of escalators to go outside for a smoke.

I find the rooftop bars at Maya a bit pretentious. Trying to be something they are not. Read: fancy.

I recall ordering a bunch of cocktails at one of the places and the waiter INSISTING I go to the bar and see the bar guy make them. That was clearly the concept and they weren't able to deviate from it.

I find the rooftop bars at Maya a bit pretentious. Trying to be something they are not. Read: fancy.

I recall ordering a bunch of cocktails at one of the places and the waiter INSISTING I go to the bar and see the bar guy make them. That was clearly the concept and they weren't able to deviate from it.

I've never had that experience at all and I've drunk in all the bars there... might have been when they first opened or something.

"And Nimman bars require that you buy food, and i just want to drink beers (anyone know a place where food purchase is not required/)"

Try any of these places:

- Dayli, soi 11

- El Patio, soi 11

- Beer Republic, soi 11

- D.fine, soi 5

- Club Cafe, soi 7

- Neighborhood, soi 17

Neighborhood is now Bob's Garage.

OMG on Nimmanhamin, across from the Tesco Lotus Express, has an upstairs bar area in addition to the sidewalk on street level. Most of the customers on the sidewalk order food from the street vendors and beer from the bar. In the Upstairs OMG people seem more intent on drinking than eating.

I don't know of any places on Nimmanhamin that require me to order food with beer. I usually have to ask for a food menu, and they always ask if I want to order beer while I consider ordering food.

interesting... i didn't know food was an option. I've only ever been with Thai people, and they always get food, and said we needed to order food.

When I went to places like Rush, Dayli, Good View, and Riverside, I always thought food was required purchase because we always ordered it, and when I said i don't want food, they said you have to buy at least 1 or 2 dishes.

good to know, from now on, only beers.... and no ice :) they need to learn to serve beer cold, so that ice is not required.... ice and beer..... get with the program, SE Asia :D :D :D 55555555

some of the roof top bars are expensive,The one's selling Belgian beer,As the weather perks up it should start getting very popular up there.

What is expensive? I am used to pay about 140 baht for a Leffe double or La Chouffe in the Netherlands.

The beer store on Nim, down(or up) from 7/11, around soi.8. Set-up tables'n chairs out front and sell a large variety of ice cold beer at very reasonable prices.

20B charge to eat outside food. Plain place to watch the ebb'n flow.

The imports are pricey; eg; London Porter is 180b,exactly twice the price back home(Canada)...but damn they are GOOD!

Edited by HaleySabai