Non B Visa - Where's best to go?

Hello,

I need to go outside Thailand to sort my non B visa for work. I will have all the documentation from the company I will be working for.

They have suggested I go to KL but having read many negative reports about them being excessively strict I wanted to ask advise from you good people.

Also advise on how many days it would take would be awesome.

Happy to go anywhere in the region but would prefer to avoid Laos if possible.

Does the documents include a work permit approval letter from the Labor Ministry. That is mandatory at nearby locations.

I suggest Penang not KL. KL is unpredictable.

You apply the morning of one day and pick up the next after at most nearby locations.

• Like 1

I second that, Penang is very easy/lenient, especially if you use a local agent. Many agents are in Chulia street. I have also been told Kota Bahru is even better but getting there is harder and there's less to do while you're there.

• Like 1

Is going to Vientiane Laos at all recommended?

I don't want to open another topic with practically the same questions.

But I have to go by the end of the month.

I'm on a work visa right now but the papers for my work permit are not finished yet.

I wanted to go to Vientiane Laos for the new visa.

I'm on a very tight budget (working for an NGO my salary is not that great) so I can't really just fly out to Signapore or some place.

The thing is my situation is a bit different.

I'm working for a NGO so the documentation is not quite the same as for a regular company.

We don't have taxes, it's nearly impossible for a foundation to get the registration documents renewed so I just have the original one, no letter of the ministry of labour.

Do you think I'll be OK going to Laos. I easily got it in the Netherlands but I'm very worried about renewing.

I'm on a work visa right now but the papers for my work permit are not finished yet.

I'm on a very tight budget (working for an NGO my salary is not that great) so I can't really just fly out to Signapore or some place.

I'm working for a NGO so the documentation is not quite the same as for a regular company.

We don't have taxes, it's nearly impossible for a foundation to get the registration documents renewed so I just have the original one, no letter of the ministry of labour.

Do you think I'll be OK going to Laos. I easily got it in the Netherlands but I'm very worried about renewing.

Working for a NGO should allow you to get a non-o visa instead of a non-b. You would not need the work permit application approval letter to get it.

Vientiane Laos would be a good choice. I suggest you or somebody from the organization to confirm what is needed. Contact info: http://vientiane.thaiembassy.org/en/embassy/address.php

From therir website.

For those wishing to volunteer work in public organizations, charity / foundation.

The document must include accompanying visas.

1. Notice of certification or volunteering.
  2. A copy of the license or a license to organize activities for public charity.
  3. Work permit (if available).

Working for a NGO should allow you to get a non-o visa instead of a non-b. You would not need the work permit application approval letter to get it.

Vientiane Laos would be a good choice. I suggest you or somebody from the organization to confirm what is needed. Contact info: http://vientiane.thaiembassy.org/en/embassy/address.php

From therir website.

For those wishing to volunteer work in public organizations, charity / foundation.

1. A copy of the license or a license to organize activities for public charity.
  2. Work permit (if available).
  3. Notice of certification or volunteering.

Thank you for your answer, however, non-o is for volunteer work only, correct? I have a paid job, I'm not volunteering.

From therir website.

1. A copy of the license or a license to organize activities for public charity.
  2. Work permit (if available).
  3. Notice of certification or volunteering.

Thank you for your answer, however, non-o is for volunteer work only, correct? I have a paid job, I'm not volunteering.

Since it is a NGO they might do one other than for volunteer work. That is why I suggested you contact them about it.

As an update to this topic I decided to go to Penang. Flew from DMK on Monday and will fly back on Thursday. More time than I need but it's nice to have a buffer incase of any issues.

Had all the documents but the guy asked me for work permit, I explained I didn't have it yet as I was just about to start, had all the letters from the company and the supporting letter for the work permit (the company is BOI)

He explained I could only get 3 months which can then be extended in Thailand (this I was expecting), I will collect it tomorrow afternoon.

Didn't bother with an agent, staying in Georgetown, the taxi took me, waited and brought me back and it cost me the equivalent of around 300thb.

Went to the consulate at around 11am, less than 10 other people. Taxi driver said it's busy first thing so better to go late morning.