Man beaten to death in Bangkok, dumped in canal by drunks

webfact

Street Man Beaten to Death, Dumped in Canal by Drunks
By Sasiwan Mokkhasen
Staff Reporter

14567450371456745076l.jpg
Khlong Phadung Krung Kasem Photo: Heinrich Damm

BANGKOK — Pankacha Khlonkrata and three of his friends, all drunk, were walking near Hua Lamphong Railway Station when they found Teera Phromkot lying in the street.

Pankacha believed the man laughed at his group, he would later tell police, so he approached and ordered him to do push-ups for their amusement.

Full story: http://www.khaosodenglish.com/detail.php?newsid=1456745037&typecate=06&section=

kse.png
-- Khaosod English 2016-03-01

"Pankacha, 42, was just released from prison in April and had a rap sheet including fraud, gambling, gun possession and more. Suspect Kwanchai Yamtoe, 39, had priors for drug-related crimes, robbery, interfering with a peace officer and escaping detention. He had been free since October 2014."

And some folks still argue against the death penalty.

These two guys with prior convictions should be dragged to the nearest tree.

I sometimes stay in a hotel right across the street. Avoid that area late at night. There's a lot of junkies around there, cheap, highly at-risk hookers too, and you see various their deposits on the sidewalk in the morning..

Those idiots deserve similar treatment - if Karma has any say in the matter..

They were surprised to learn he had died

Did they think there wouldn't be any consequences of giving someone a right good kicking ?

Too drunk to know or care.

39 and 42 year old guys leading the pack no less???

One would think they might have a clue about the world around them, but, apparently not.

Glad they were caught. I hope they at least wear leg irons till the day they die.

Sad and Shocking.... What kind of world are we living in... ?????

in a world where cowardly, soul less scum bags are let out of prison and attack helpless, weak human beings! these scum bags would never attack a normal sized man! they just prey on the weak and defense less!

This is terrible. Not much to add to those who expressed horror.

I read the article but did not understand ... was the victim drunk, homeless, both? I don't understand ... was he lying in the street or sleeping on a sidewalk or something? Just wondering.

One thing is clear. I first passed through Hualampong in 1991. As a backpacker, I ate nearby and looked for hotel to sleep before taking train the following day. I did this many, many times until 1993. Since then I have been to Hualampong sporadically. The expressways, the reno to the station they did and the installation of the MRT did a lot for the area, most of it not good, in my opinion. There used to be loads of great cheap food in the alleys nearby. But even back then it was not a nice place.

The area around Hualampong has been home to the less fortunate, mentally ill, migrants, prostitutes, addicts, criminals, people on the run from police, and so forth. Look at the area around any train station in a major city and more often than not you will find similar situation and peoples.

"Pankacha, 42, was just released from prison in April and had a rap sheet including fraud, gambling, gun possession and more. Suspect Kwanchai Yamtoe, 39, had priors for drug-related crimes, robbery, interfering with a peace officer and escaping detention. He had been free since October 2014."

The death penalty is not going to deter people with mental and emotional problems from staying away from crime.

The death penalty is not going to deter people with mental and emotional problems from staying away from crime.

Maybe not, but it deters repeat offenders very effectively from murdering again.

Maybe not but the person certainly won't be committing any more murders of innocent people.

Edited by Pimay1

"they kicked him in the head and stomach until he lost consciousness. Then they dumped him in Khlong Phadung Krung Kasem.

Somehow, they told police they were surprised to learn he had died."

Somehow i am surprised that these guys have a brain.......

"they kicked him in the head and stomach until he lost consciousness. Then they dumped him in Khlong Phadung Krung Kasem.

Somehow, they told police they were surprised to learn he had died."

Bullies and braindead ones at that!

Here is my suggestion for the punishment: have them kicked until they are almost unconscious and throw them into the water of a dirty klong!

Just before they drown, get them out, give them a few minutes to reflect about what they did...and repeat the treatment!

I sometimes stay in a hotel right across the street. Avoid that area late at night. There's a lot of junkies around there, cheap, highly at-risk hookers too, and you see various their deposits on the sidewalk in the morning..

Those idiots deserve similar treatment - if Karma has any say in the matter..

I think the enlightened one should be informed immediately and clean up this blot on the LOS/ tourism. wai2.gif

Well if he thought the man was laughing at him and his pack only one punishment for laughing at a Thai man death sentence just as your parents taught you kill anyone who laughs at you, what a joke some very sick people here in Thailand and TAT just saying what a friendly happy country Thailand is but dont laugh at TAT statement or you might end up floating in a canal.