Study On Fiance Visa

She cannot work until she has FLR, but she can study.

If your marriage has already taken place, I suggest that if at all possible she submits her FLR application by 17th March.

The fee increases significantly on 18th March from £649 to £811; see this topic.

Really...Thanks very much 7by7 i had no idea!

Im am going to book it in the next week with the premium service. Could you tell me

1.Is it a good idea for me and my wife need to write a cover letter each like in the fiancé visa stage? I was going to just update my fiancé visa letters and big evidence folder?

2. Do i print off the FLR Form and bring it in person or is it completed online?

3. Ive heard appointments are booked six weeks in advance? I have just got the last 6 months payslips and bank statements stamped and signed now, by then wont they be "out of date" as i would have been paid on the 1st April again? Is it from when you apply online or have the actual appointment?

Thanks!!

Edited by sksk999

Really...Thanks very much 7by7 i had no idea!

Im am going to book it in the next week with the premium service. Could you tell me

1. The correct FLR is (M) ?

2.Is it a good idea for me and my wife need to write a cover letter each like in the fiancé visa stage? I was going to just update my fiancé visa letters and big evidence folder?

3. Do i print off the FLR Form and bring it in person or is it completed online?

4. Ive heard appointments are booked six weeks in advance? I have just got the last 6 months payslips and bank statements stamped and signed now, by then wont they be "out of date" as i would have been paid on the 1st April again? Is it from when you apply online or have the actual appointment?

Thanks!!

1) Yes, FLR(M) is the correct form.

2) There is no need to write a cover letter, unless you wish to expand on any of your answers to the questions on the form.

The evidence you need to supply is listed in Section 13 of the form; not all of it will be relevant to you.

Obviously you will not be able to provide evidence of cohabitation over the last 2 years; so supply what you have for the period you have been living together and make a brief note that this is an application following a fiance visa so you have only been living together for x months.

3) In UK applications, FLR an ILR, are currently not made online.

Print off and complete the form, then either post it or take it to the appointment at the PEO.

4) I think, but am not sure, that the 6 weeks is the maximum you can book a PEO appoint ahead of time. As far as I am aware, if they have a slot tomorrow then you can book that one.

The evidence your provide should be as up to date as possi9ble; but they do not expect miracles; provide the latest pay slip and other financial evidence which you have.

5) The fee for using a PEO is £400; £500 from 18th March.

The increase in the basic FLR fee is £162.

Unless your wife was going to apply via a PEO anyway; is it worth paying at least £400 to avoid a £162 increase in the FLR fee?

Also, the applicable fee is dependent on the date of the application.

If applying by post, this is the date UKVI receive it.

If applying via a PEO, I don't know if it's the date you make the appointment or the date of the appointment itself. So if your appointment is after the 18th, you may find yourself paying the new fee anyway!

Thanks a lot 7by7 i see what your saying for sure, im going to book the premium at the end of the week.

Could i ask you one more question please, will i need to have a property inspection on my parents house for the FLR, ive read conflicting information

For the visit visa and fiance visa we just submitted letter from my parents, house/room pictures, parents house deeds and council tax bill.

Thanks

Now that you mention it, I have in the back of my mind a thought that UKVI officers have the power to visit unannounced to check that

• the couple do live together and
  • the accommodation is suitable, with at least one room for their exclusive use.

But that may just be hearsay and rumour; it is certainly not routine.

In 15 years of taking an interest in such matters I have never heard of it happening to anyone I know, either personally or through forums such as this.

A letter from your parents confirming they own the property and there is room for you both is ample; proof of ownership wont hurt, may help; photos are totally unnecessary.

Although Section 13 of the form only asks for evidence of cohabitation; it doesn't ask for evidence that the accommodation is adequate.