Swimming pool build...

Hi Island folk,

I have a plot of land in Khanom which I intend to build on, a pool is in the plans too.

Would like to know if anyone has some pricing for companies on Samui or in Surat area.

Please tell me;

What size pool you built. LxBxD

Skimmer or infinity.

Salt water or chlorinated.

Type of hardware ie pumps etc

Cost

I would like company names too if they did a good job but might have to PM me those, if it breaks forum rules ??

Thanks

Lots of pools being build, often a part included in the total construction. A number of pool-supply shops can help with contact to experienced contractors for digging a hole and make cement construction.

The saying used to be, that a swimming pool would add 1 million baht to your construction – some years ago, so probably more today – but that's when your construction work is already an ongoing process, and a number of factors depend on the price, apart from just size.

I used TSP Swimming Pool Co. Ltd. in Maenam, almost opposite the Post Office, and have good experience with them.

Come over and contact some constructors, and get quotes for a pool – I got several before I decided...

Edited by khunPer

The best is DesJoyaux. Decent prices, good service and cheap running costs.

I agree. Although not the cheapest from the onset, over time due to very low maintenance requirement, less chemicals and high durability it will be the most economical. One can read all the horror stories on the pool forum from people who put in a tile pool on a budget...

Indeed Gulfsailor, after having built over 100 pools on Koh Samui in all possible configurations, I now only use DesJoyaux. If you also let them build the structure, they are actually cheaper than conventionally built decent quality pools.

Went to look at a DesJoyaux pool in Khanom yesterday. Looked nice, quite a build up of algae on the liner joins ! Is that just bad maintenance or a common issue with liners ?

Also, not sure who did the build but the tiles around the edge of the pool were overhanging by an inch, several had broken causing a serious injury risk :)

Went to look at a DesJoyaux pool in Khanom yesterday. Looked nice, quite a build up of algae on the liner joins ! Is that just bad maintenance or a common issue with liners ?

Also, not sure who did the build but the tiles around the edge of the pool were overhanging by an inch, several had broken causing a serious injury risk smile.png

Algae buildup is caused by bad maintenance.

This has nothing to do with the liner.

DesJoyaux builds complete pools including the pool structure but they also sell liners and pump-systems for pools where they did not build the structure.

It looks like the pool that you are describing is not a fully built DesJoyaux pool, so it might not be up to their quality standards.

You should go to their shop (Koh Samui or Suratthani) and have a look at some pools that they have built.

Also, not sure who did the build but the tiles around the edge of the pool were overhanging by an inch, several had broken causing a serious injury risk smile.png

DesJoyaux builds complete pools including the pool structure but they also sell liners and pump-systems for pools where they did not build the structure.

It looks like the pool that you are describing is not a fully built DesJoyaux pool, so it might not be up to their quality standards.

You should go to their shop (Koh Samui or Suratthani) and have a look at some pools that they have built.

Thanks... I did suspect the algae to be down to maintenance.

They have already been in touch with me, they monitor this forum :)

Will pay them a visit for more info and pricing. Prefer not to have that filtration system on the side of the pool but believe they do integrated set ups too ?

Thanks... I did suspect the algae to be down to maintenance.

They have already been in touch with me, they monitor this forum :)

Will pay them a visit for more info and pricing. Prefer not to have that filtration system on the side of the pool but believe they do integrated set ups too ?

Yes, the pump system can be hidden.