marriage in thailand after my first wife dies

Freddy Ebner

I live in thailand for abaut 21 years and have been married for 17 years. Now 4 years ago my wife died suddently and i want to get married again. What can i do now? Is it important to start with new papers as before or can i only show my first marrige paper and dead attest and a copy of my passport to the ampher or embassy?

The amphur is not interested in seeing any certificates except the affirmation to marry certificate that you get from your embassy, have translated and then stamped at the ministry of foreign affairs. You will have to show the embassy the death certificate of your first wife in order to get the affirmation certificate.

HL

My marriage certificate is a thai certificat, i was married with a thai wife for 17 years, but before i got the certificate I had to go to the embassy and the ministry of foreign affair to could married. Therefor i can,t understand that i have to do the same things one time more. Some thai people told me thats not necessarry.

My marriage certificate is a thai certificat, i was married with a thai wife for 17 years, but before i got the certificate I had to go to the embassy and the ministry of foreign affair to could married. Therefor i can,t understand that i have to do the same things one time more. Some thai people told me thats not necessarry.

Easy. Go to the Amphur with your prospective wife and ask what they require for you to be married.

Do not listen to any advise given by "people" other than the Official(s) at the Ampur.

I do not know about other nationalities, but in case of a US citizen is necessary to state its condition (single, divorced, widow) at the Embassy's certification to get Foreign Dept Certification, and to show translated divorce or wife's dead certifications at the Amphur to get a marriage certificate.

At the same time, many offices offering the services for about 2000 THB, do not care about, just filling SINGLE on the applications to avoid more paperwork and cost. Your choice, but I do not recommend that.

Edited by umbanda

I've been married to two separate Thai women. I'm a slow learner, OK?

Anyway, when I took my second wife to the Amphur I was armed with my passport (US), my original divorce certificate and original divorce settlement with numerous copies of each.

The Amphur looked the documents over, declared we were now slave and wife and we left his office. No US certification of anything was required.

I am well aware our situations were different but, if your former wife died in Thailand and you have the appropriate Thai documents to support that, I hardly see why the Amphur would require you to seek further documents from the US Embassy.

I suggest you take your intended with you, go see your local Amphur along with your paper work and see what he/she says.

Good luck.

Anyway, when I took my second wife to the Amphur I was armed with my passport (US), my original divorce certificate and original divorce settlement with numerous copies of each.

The Amphur looked the documents over, declared we were now slave and wife and we left his office. No US certification of anything was required.

I am well aware our situations were different but, if your former wife died in Thailand and you have the appropriate Thai documents to support that, I hardly see why the Amphur would require you to seek further documents from the US Embassy.

I suggest you take your intended with you, go see your local Amphur along with your paper work and see what he/she says.

Good luck.

Yes a slow learner.....will there be a 3rd Thai wife?

Good luck.

Yes a slow learner.....will there be a 3rd Thai wife?

I'm 78 years old.

Down to worrying about my next birthday and not worrying about the next wife.