Hello all

In my search for making an online shop/business I wanted to hear your opinion on an idea.

Seeing as most bodybuilding supplements here are import, I was thinking if I could make a deal with a local bakery/bread shop something like that.

Give them the recipe for making different kinds of protein bars, label them at home and selling them to local gyms or online.

I know it isn't going to make anyone rich, but its worth trying maybe.

Seeing as you would probably need to have some sort of hygiene certification, I was thinking you could skip that by having them produced at a local shop?

And if its a success expand it to selling other supplements?

Best regards,

Jaxter

Buy them wholesale OEM from US or China. Let the manufacturer label them to your wishes.

Or just a basic "local" idea, there are many wholesalers in BKK doing the exact same thing, give them your label and they put it on the products.

Hi

Yeah I guess that would work as well, the idea was to give it a more homemade feel to it, to make it stand out from other products. But maybe your idea is better smile.png

Buy wholesale and market it as homemade. Brown 'organic' label. Only the marketing counts, everything else is less important. People tend to eat trash if the marketing is right (look at the fast food franchises or 7/11).

Protein bars, as well as protein powders, amino acids and other supplements are not healthy at all, no matter how and where they are produced. Bad side effects of their consumption can show up only later, consumers sometimes might not even link them to earlier consumption of the supplements. You can try earning on anything, but it is better not to have tricks of conscience later after many people suffer from a low-key food they ate. Liver, kidneys, skin, stomach etc. - everything is affected by the protein supplements... Since the revenue is low, why to try earning on dubious products at all. The people are supposed to eat this stuff, not just look at or touch it.

Protein bars, as well as protein powders, amino acids and other supplements are not healthy at all, no matter how and where they are produced. Bad side effects of their consumption can show up only later, consumers sometimes might not even link them to earlier consumption of the supplements. You can try earning on anything, but it is better not to have tricks of conscience later after many people suffer from a low-key food they ate. Liver, kidneys, skin, stomach etc. - everything is affected by the protein supplements... Since the revenue is low, why to try earning on dubious products at all. The people are supposed to eat this stuff, not just look at or touch it.

Please post your source of information. Studies that back up your statement are also very much appreciated.

See what happens when you hold your breath for too long...

• 2 weeks later...

There may be a market in that somehow. I was at a new supplement shop on Theppraya last week and I think the protein bars were 120-150 baht, which is crazy to me so I didn't buy any.

I'm not sure if you can get them down in price from that by making locally. Or did you check alibaba/aliexpress? You said one source had minimums of 5000. I've dealt with companies from those sites for other products and manufacturing and negotiated lower than stated minimum order quantities. I told them want to order 250, 300, 500 as a sample run as a prelude to larger orders. Of course you don't get the larger volume discount, but that's okay for a first or second order.

But I like your idea of making them locally. Local ingredients. PM me if you have any questions.

Edited by Global Guy