Signs of a breakthrough with Turkey on the migrant crisis

rooster59

Signs of a breakthrough with Turkey on the migrant crisis

post-247607-0-80845700-1457159013_thumb.

As migrants continue to gather on the Greece’s border with the Former Yugoslavian republic of Macedonia, EU leaders are hinting as some sort of consensus on a way forward on the issue.

Greece is at the forefront of the crisis, being the main entry point for thousands of refugees who continue to make the short but often perilous journey from Turkey.

The EU Council President Donald Tusk held talks in Ankara on Friday and will chair an emergency summit in Turkey on Monday. He expressed cautious optimism that Turkey is starting to cooperate.

Struggling Greece can’t afford to bear the burden of the crisis alone, a point not lost on the Greek Foreign Minister Nikos Kotzias:

“We both (Turkey and Greece) agreed that the refugee issue is not just a Greek or Turkish issue. Nor can can it be solved within the framework of Greek-Turkish bilateral relations alone. It is a global issue that is tormenting Greece and Turkey now, and affecting the rest of Europe.”

Official EU statistics show a record 1.2 million new asylum seekers in the European Union in 2015, more than double the previous year. Almost half were from Syria, Afghanistan and Iraq.

The EU is demanding that Turkey crack down on people smuggling and take back all illegal immigrants from its shores who do not qualify for asylum in the European Union. The EU council president said there were signs that Ankara is ready to consider such a move.

euronews2.png
-- (c) Copyright Euronews 2016-03-05

You can't use the acronym FUBAR on this forum but all I can say is the way EU "leaders" have handled Turkey from day one is Foobar.

Turkey is mocking the EU, NATO and the USA ... Turkey is shelling the Kurds while they are actively in firefights with ISIS ... taking over newspapers ... jailing intellectuals and news reporters ... caring for ISIS fighters in their hospitals ... aiding the supply of arms and ammunition to ISIS ... the Turkish coast guard lets migrant boats leave unhindered (BBC video) ....

Turkey mocks the EU ... AND ... what do the EU "leaders" do? ... give Turkey billions of Euros and visa-free passes into the EU. I have never seen STUPID quite like this before.

God I hope the UK opts out of this abortion called the EU.

The answer to get Turkey on board is simple. Offer them 3 billion Euros a year, but for

every migrant that gets to Greece deduct 10,000 Euros. So far Turkey are doing nothing.

migrant crossing levels are up 2-300 % over last year at this time. coffee1.gif

BUT….. Donald Tusk (European Council President) has now suddenly warned SOME of the potential migrants to stay away from Europe. I nearly fell off my chair when I saw that on TV. After all, Tusk is more guilty of WELCOMING migrants than most (not all!) European “politicians.”

Has Tusk finally begun to understand that he has made a colossal, unforgivable mistake insisting on an open-door policy in the EU? Unfortunately, it is a bit late. He should have realised this 1-1/2 year ago. Bit of a slow thinker, isn’t he?

I also noticed that he does not seem to have a middle name. Therefore, I propose that he should go into the history books as Donald Chamberlain Tusk.

(I suppose that the Donald does not know what “Chamberlain” stands for. Perhaps he could use a moment when he is not inebriated to make a quick search with Google.)

Finally, I am dying to see him go to jail for his (very substantial) part in the criminal destruction of Europe. I hope that will happen soon. He - and the like-minded European “politicians” - already have a lot of blood on their hands from people who lost their lives in terrorist attacks. However, that is only a small beginning. Much, much more blood will start flowing very soon. Only last week yet another very important person, NATO’s top commander, 4-star general Philip Breedlove, spelled it out very clearly. At a media briefing in Brussels he stated: the Islamic State terror group is spreading like a cancer among refugees [in Europe].

The Internet contains very much information regarding this statement, for example:

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2016/mar/01/refugees-isis-nato-commander-terrorists or

http://www.jihadwatch.org/2016/03/nato-commander-the-islamic-state-is-spreading-like-cancer-among-muslim-migrants-to-europe

The answer to get Turkey on board is simple. Offer them 3 billion Euros a year, but for

every migrant that gets to Greece deduct 10,000 Euros. So far Turkey are doing nothing.

migrant crossing levels are up 2-300 % over last year at this time. coffee1.gif

That requires taking ACTION. EU and European politicians are only capable of TALKING.