Thai Police cut short press conference planned by Buddhism Protection Centre

webfact

Police cut short a press conference planned by Buddhism Protection Centre

133-wpcf_728x409.jpg

BANGKOK: -- A press conference planned this morning by Somdet Chuang’s support monks was cut short after police intervened and invited the monks’ leader to the metropolitan police bureau for “talks”.

Phra Metheethammacharn, secretary-general of the Buddhism Protection Centre of Thailand, who was earlier scheduled to give the press conference in response to the recent ruling of the ombudsman’s office, assigned Phra Khru Paladkaweewat, the deputy secretary-general, to meet with the press and to read out a statement. He was later accompanied by the police to the metropolitan police bureau.

In the statement, the Buddhism Protection Centre challenged that the ombudsman’s office had no right to intervene in the affairs of the Sangha Supreme Council.

If the ombudsman’s office has any doubt about the Sangha Supreme Council’s ruling, it should have taken the matter to the Council of State which should be the sole authority to make legal interpretation.

The ombudsman’s office last ruled that the SSC’s nomination of Somdet Chuang or Somdet Phra Ratchamahamangalachrn as the new supreme patriarch was not legal because the authority to make the nomination rests with the prime minister who, however, will have to submit to his nomination to the SSC for approval.

In the same statement, the Buddhism Protection Centre threatened to solicit support of 20,000 monks and lay people to impeach the ombudsman by the National Legislative Assembly.

Source: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/content/153962

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- Thai PBS 2016-03-08

We of course all support the efforts of the army to bring back harmony and morality into Thailand society but unfortunately it doesn't help that its action appear to be some time one sided.

When it comes to highly divisive monk figure, it is Phra Buddha Issara that jumps to mind. Still he remains free to lead action that further create division in the Thai society. In my opinion the Army should either prosecute both side equally or stay clear of religious affairs.

We of course all support the efforts of the army to bring back harmony and morality into Thailand society but unfortunately it doesn't help that its action appear to be some time one sided.

When it comes to highly divisive monk figure, it is Phra Buddha Issara that jumps to mind. Still he remains free to lead action that further create division in the Thai society. In my opinion the Army should either prosecute both side equally or stay clear of religious affairs.

"we all of course"? please speak for yourself and any army has no business "prosecuting" any sides and should stay clear of religious AND political affairs

taking monks for "attitude adjustment" will not go down well with Thai people but I do agree about Issara the fake monk.

"we all of course"? please speak for yourself and any army has no business "prosecuting" any sides and should stay clear of religious AND political affairs

taking monks for "attitude adjustment" will not go down well with Thai people but I do agree about Issara the fake monk.

Just your opinion, my family and more are regularly mentioning their concern about monks and the monkhood, involved in numerous activities which are well outside what monks should be doing, more and more examples of monks with mere noi, exploiting teen girls (and boys) big money to spend, latest notebook computer, gambling, whisky, seen in restaurants in the evening and more.

You mention '... should stay clear of religious and political affairs...'

There's also the possibility that others are in the background with another agenda might be pushing this group.

Edited by scorecard

The ombudsman’s office has been busy this week, with monks and military leader's. Seems not everyone is happy in Los. Is there more to this than the eye can see? Maybe I should consult a fortune teller?

Save your money, just look back, Uranus is the reason everything is going wrong :)

Time to tie a string around your head to realign Uranus

Just your opinion, my family and more are regularly mentioning their concern about monks and the monkhood, involved in numerous activities which are well outside what monks should be doing, more and more examples of monks with mere noi, exploiting teen girls (and boys) big money to spend, latest notebook computer, gambling, whisky, seen in restaurants in the evening and more.

You mention '... should stay clear of religious and political affairs...'

There's also the possibility that others are in the background with another agenda might be pushing this group.

Probably the most relevant comment on here. wai.gif