AC/DC postpones tour due to singer's possible hearing loss

webfact

AC/DC postpones tour due to singer's possible hearing loss

LOS ANGELES (AP) — AC/DC are postponing the remaining dates of their U.S. tour because of lead singer Brian Johnson's possible hearing loss.

The band says in a statement that doctors have advised the "Back in Black" singer to stop touring immediately or risk total hearing loss.

The group's shows beginning Thursday in Atlanta through April 4 in New York are being rescheduled for later in the year — likely with a guest vocalist.

AC/DC opened the most recent U.S. leg of its "Rock or Bust" tour Feb. 2 in Tacoma, Washington.

The band is scheduled to begin a European leg May 7 in Lisbon, Portugal.

aplogo.jpg
-- (c) Associated Press 2016-03-08

That band was the loudest gig i ever went to !

Yep, saw them at the Sydney Showground following their release of 'Back in Black' back in the early 80's... thought my skull would crack when Brian Johnstone started ringing the bell at the start of 'Hells Bells'

Loud doesn't begin to describe that experience, it was an assault on the senses.

Thats where i saw them Linesy

Yes youre right about all the other bands

I went to all those gigs too !

Good times ,unfortunately im too bald for long hair now

Id end up looking like trump! Hehe

"The group's shows beginning Thursday in Atlanta through April 4 in New York are being rescheduled for later in the year likely with a guest vocalist."

With Malcom out of the band, a revolving door of drummers and Brian unable to perform, they can hardly tour under the name AD/DC. I know they probably will, ($$) but in reality it would just be the Angus Young Band.

Out of interest, would any of you guys and girls be prepared to pay top dollar to see that?

That band was the loudest gig i ever went to !

metallica
I slept through a Metallica concert at the Hammersmith Odeon, the very early and over enthusiastic all day session took its toll, one hell of a headache but my hearing was intact just. My mate spent most of his time in the bogs throwing up. Memories or lack of them!

They are already minted but must be spewing mate of the loads of cash those US and Euro dates would amass, just goes to show you it can all be over very quickly any day, any time so live life to the fullest every second.

He's a Geordie I think?

Great taste in motors.....

I only got into ac/dc when that was common pole dancing music in Nana late 90's. Those were the days. Suited and booted expense accounts and very happy girls. Not like the kee nok crowd in vests now....?

I first saw them in 1976, Bon Scott at the Moe Town Hall in Victoria Australia. It's a long way to the top if you want to rock and role. Jail break and can I sit next to you girl. We paid about 1 AUD then as they were new and up and coming. Still have all thier album's and think of them as the greatest band ever. They will go down in history as Australia's best and probably the world's best.

Edited by Thechook

I first saw them in 1976, Bon Scott at the Moe Town Hall in Victoria Australia. It's a long way to the top if you want to rock and role. Jail break and can I sit next to you girl. We paid about 1 AUD then as they were new and up and coming. Still have all thier album's and think of them as the greatest band ever. They will go down in history as Australia's best and probably the world's best.

Yes i think they were a Great band back in the days of Bon Scott as singer .... i never really liked Brian`s voice .. too Screechy !!! a friend of mine used to see them practice in a Garage in Fivedock . Sydney,, when they first started ... they certainly have come a long way since then ... no matter if you like them or not.. they certainly are one of the Biggest money earners in the world....

I had never heard of them when they stormed the stage as a support act for Lou Reed at Festival Hall in 74 or 5???

Unusual choice of support band for Lou and pleasantly shocked me. Sorry to hear the screamin' geordie has problems; Bon was it for me.

Good time to hang the guitars up and bask in the glory. Nothing worse than playing on into their 70"s although I'm pretty sure Brian hair consists of what's glued to the inside of his cap

Sent from my SC-01D using Tapatalk