Foreigner killed at Phuket shooting range

webfact

I was thinking the same thing.

Why the eight and last round?

Even for the well trained, counting the rounds left in the magazine is not easy under rapid fire, but especially so for a novice having fun.

For all we know he thought he shot off the eight rounds and was then posing for his souvenir photo when he fired the last round.

With the weapon pointed at his head? Come on!

I never considered that ... worth considering that scenario ...

Well, eight rounds is more likely to be a magazine-fed semi-auto than a revolver--and the slide would lock back if an auto were empty

Just saw it was an STI Eagle in .45cal

http://www.handgunsmag.com/reviews/pistols/sti-edge/

Edited by smotherb

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The fact he had left notes to his wife and sister (in Estonian language) kind of seals the deal it was suicide.

It "Should" also be on video. In the Pattaya shooting range they have/had video surveillance (from memory 10 years ago). We walked in and given our choice of weapon with little advice/training and just went for it. People pointing guns all over the place (unknowingly), I never went back because it was so worrying.

its been a while since a gun range suicide. it was the done thing a few years back.

seems a good option for those who desire witnesses to stop the endless speculation of the zimmer frame detectives.

You don't need target practice to shoot yourself in the head. One's head is fairly easy to locate.

"discharging the eighth round into his head" simply describes an action that may not have been even witnessed and does not necessarily mean the discharge was deliberate. Hopefully, the police will not make hasty assumptions and close the incident without further investigation. Although that seems to be RTP's typical choice when no confession is involved.

Even for the well trained, counting the rounds left in the magazine is not easy under rapid fire, but especially so for a novice having fun.

For all we know he thought he shot off the eight rounds and was then posing for his souvenir photo when he fired the last round.

Every visit to the local range I always count but still pull the trigger to make sure I have run out before reloading for safety sake. It may seem like I am stupid and can't count but better that than make a mistake is the way I see it.

You don't need target practice to shoot yourself in the head. One's head is fairly easy to locate.

"discharging the eighth round into his head" simply describes an action that may not have been even witnessed and does not necessarily mean the discharge was deliberate. Hopefully, the police will not make hasty assumptions and close the incident without further investigation. Although that seems to be RTP's typical choice when no confession is involved.

And just in case something goes wrong he writes 2 suicide notes? I don't think so!

jesus, a man blows his head off in public and spurs endless idle speculation just the same.

why is there such a hysterical need on this board for every suicide to be foul play.

i suspect it is a there but for the grace of god thing.

or pure idle boredom

If he committed suicide its a better way to go than jumping off a high rise balcony or jumping in front of a train. A silk scarf around the neck hanging from a door knob is much cleaner for the Police and witnesses.

Have you ever been on a shooting range in South East Asia?

People want photos with the guns in famous movie poses.

The "Charlie's Angels" pose is very popular with the backpacker girls.

https://www.google.co.th/search?q=charlie+angel+pose&biw=1366&bih=618&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwi_tuDYobXLAhWJHJoKHTuzDHUQsAQIGQ

Most of the time they point the gun pointed at their head, under their chin.

This is not an uncommon photo pose for guys on the range. Don't ask me why.

https://www.google.co.th/search?q=gun+to+head+images&biw=1366&bih=618&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwiL9ZKRnrXLAhWFIpoKHVHUCo0QsAQIGQ

Like I said, it very well could be a suicide, but with a financial interest and liability for the shooting range, much better the Thai range officer tells police it was suicide, rather than a lack of safety standards that caused the gun to fire in an unsafe direction causing this death.

Money before truth, facts and life, on Phuket. A lack of supervision MAY have caused this death. As another member suggested, police should view the CCTV.

That said, since my post, suicide notes have been discovered, so a clear case of suicide.

Edited by NamKangMan

jesus, a man blows his head off in public and spurs endless idle speculation just the same.

why is there such a hysterical need on this board for every suicide to be foul play.

i suspect it is a there but for the grace of god thing.

or pure idle boredom

I never suggested it was a murder, just the POSSIBILITY it was accidental, due to the negligence of staff at the shooting range.

Of course, it must be suicide, right, because the shooting range says so.

Information has now revealed he left suicide notes, so an obvious suicide. This information was not available at the time of my post.

Edited by NamKangMan

And just in case something goes wrong he writes 2 suicide notes? I don't think so!

This information was not available at the time of my post.

Edited by NamKangMan

Call all the BS you like I know this guy inside and out, I even have his flight tickets down to Phuket and he called my Wife 3 weeks ago

Here is someone else he ripped off who created this website .....I have NO SYMPATHY

http://andres-lindholm-andres-palmberg.blogspot.com/

Why did you associate with him, if he was a criminal????

I am just confirming its the same guy as lindholm used several names inc Palmberg or Andre Palmberg and variations of that

I didnt associate with him at all, never met him BUT..My Wife is a real estate agent and he rented a room thru her and left without paying the rent after a few months......when he'd gone he left behind all this junk inc credit cards, bank statements copies of other people passports ( to copy with practice signatures on them), UK immigration papers, fake medals etc. "if" it is this guy and Im just checking with someone else who has a copy of the passport with a different surname Ill give this stuff to the Police here.

If it isnt him then my apologies.................

Call all the BS you like I know this guy inside and out, I even have his flight tickets down to Phuket and he called my Wife 3 weeks ago

Here is someone else he ripped off who created this website .....I have NO SYMPATHY

to be honest he sounds like he was a pretty interesting individual.

to be honest he sounds like he was a pretty interesting individual.

Just one of many "interesting individuals" on Phuket.

Bangkok Post has his name as Andres Podra aged 38, Phuket news has him age 40 passport I have he is age 36 if the same guy and passport is real etc, but as yet no photo of his passport in any news report.

Every visit to the local range I always count but still pull the trigger to make sure I have run out before reloading for safety sake. It may seem like I am stupid and can't count but better that than make a mistake is the way I see it.

Why would you make a mistake like this? Would you point the barrel at your head and pull the trigger?

The fact he had left notes to his wife and sister (in Estonian language) kind of seals the deal it was suicide.

It "Should" also be on video. In the Pattaya shooting range they have/had video surveillance (from memory 10 years ago). We walked in and given our choice of weapon with little advice/training and just went for it. People pointing guns all over the place (unknowingly), I never went back because it was so worrying.

I went to the range on the Kata road (just west of Chalong circle), a couple of years back, and the staff were all over me, and when I went to turn around with the gun, I was instantly jumped on... So not all ranges are the same.

And as I was popping off, one shot at a time, I knew exactly how many rounds I had left in the gun.

If not for the suicide note, I would be all over a conspiracy theory, which is even more significant, as the note was in his native language, verses in English, per previous discussions on these pages, were I suggested that a true suicide note would be more believable in a mans native tongue, removing one language barrier

Shit thing to do to the people working there.

You have to be joking. Since he was a farang they probably burst out laughing and bought lottery tickets on the number of bullets sad.png

A few months ago I thought I had read the dumbest post ever. You just proved me wrong. Congratulations.

Hang on, they are like buses.