Nakhon Phanom Airport to Sakon Nakhon at 9pm.

KevWaters

Hello knowledgeable members!

I will arrive at Nakhon Phanom Airport at 9pm on a Friday in March and need to get to Sakon Nakhon.

Does anyone know if there are any vans waiting at the airport that can help me with this journey? Is it unlikely that I will be able to make the journey until morning?

Thanks

drunk.gif

I dont know but try this # 0933262877. It is the mobile # of the nice young lady who rents Thairentacar cars at the airport. She speaks some English and I found her very helpful when renting a few weeks ago. She should know, and she could probably get a price for a taxi for you. It is 200thb to Nakhon Phanom.

Thanks.

I just called and got a young man, unfortunately he couldn't speak English. My Thai is ok, as in I can get by and they can understand me in more complex conversations if they think cryptically cheesy.gif Although he understood that I needed to travel from the airport to central Sakon Nakhon, I couldn't quite get through to him that I didn't want to rent but was looking for advice regarding buses etc. FYI it is 495 to rent the Nissan Almera for one day coffee1.gif

I will just hope that there is a van at the airport waiting for arrivals. If not I will find a hotel for the night.

Thanks again.

Edited by KevWaters

Taxi , Nakhon phanom Airport at 9 pm . really .

do a overnight at SP hotel in NKP , 450 bht .

Next day,

have tuk from sp to bus station 50 bht , bus to sakon , cost 100, bht.,

CC number one .wai2.gif

Edited by elliss

I would much rather get to Sakon asap as I am only there for the weekend before making my way back to Bangkok.

Are there no taxis at the airport then? I have never been to Nakhon Phanom before but I did used to live in Sakon, which had no transport links after 6pm.

Is there many bars (that atteact the younger fun loving crowd) near SP Hotel should I need to stay for the night? I guess it would be nice to meet the locals.

Again, would def rather get to Sakon asap though to meet up with old friends.

sp hotel to downtown is only 5 to 10 minutes Walk where there is plenty of restaurants and a few bars.

sp hotel has a face book account or I can give you their number if you want book a room. the airport in np is little bit dead and 20km from np. be sure to not be stuck at the airport because there is nobody at night there.

they have a bus shuttle right in front of the exit door after baggage claim.

Thanks.

I just called and got a young man, unfortunately he couldn't speak English. My Thai is ok, as in I can get by and they can understand me in more complex conversations if they think cryptically cheesy.gif Although he understood that I needed to travel from the airport to central Sakon Nakhon, I couldn't quite get through to him that I didn't want to rent but was looking for advice regarding buses etc. FYI it is 495 to rent the Nissan Almera for one day coffee1.gif

I will just hope that there is a van at the airport waiting for arrivals. If not I will find a hotel for the night.

Thanks again.

There are usually taxis waiting at the airport, but they may not be keen on a trip to Sak Nak so late. I will get the NKP taxi # for u today so u could arrange it beforehand.

Might I ask why you are not flying directly to Sakon Nakhon. Nok Air has a flight from Bangkok to there that arrives at 8:50 pm. Air Asia has a morning flight.

Sure. I only finish work in BKK at 4pm. The Nok Air evening flight would be fine, but it was twice the price. Figured I would save the 1,000 baht and make the additional one hour journey by bus. I try to cut costs where I can, unless it means getting a long distance bus, which is a NO NO. I am still unsure whether the journey to Sakon is actually possible at that time. I'll look out for taxis and try the number given above. No biggie if not. It sounds like Nakhon Phanom is a fun place to check out too. A new life experience perhaps meeting new locals. Maybe just what I need after being in the big smoke for a year.

Thanks.

Thanks again.

There are usually taxis waiting at the airport, but they may not be keen on a trip to Sak Nak so late. I will get the NKP taxi # for u today so u could arrange it beforehand.

Passed their office on the way to lunch........

Tel. # for the taxi meter service's main office in Nakhon Phanom: 0809037222. They told me you can book it and quoted around 1000thb. It is 82k from the airport to SKN.

Thanks a lot for asking the price. I guess it would defeat the point of saving on the plane ticket just to spend the same on the taxi. Definately wont be any vans or other modes of travel at that time to Sakon, right?

Ill take a shuttle into town and try some of the bars if not. Maybe try the SP hotel. Are there many central hotels in case it is fully booked? I'd rather keep my options open rather book ahead if possible. In case some kind soul offers me a ride from the airport for a decent price. Stranger things have happened.

plenty of hotels around but lower quality unless you walk along the mekong. sp is rarely fully booked unless during special Thai holiday. their number (sp)is 0425135004

minibus 042520999

if you want save money there is a hotel downtown called Windsor hotel. room with fan and hot shower for 260 bahts only . it s old but clean. I spend a night and it was good for cheap Charlies. (free Wi-Fi)

I have found rooms near the bell place. it was less than 200 bahts, no window, cold shower and a fan(like an inmate cell) . if you want a depressive night and feel better when leaving, that is the place to go.

Edited by smartpant

SP is good but check Agoda.com for one or two really nice newer small hotels behind and nearer the clock tower on the river where there is a lively student bar scene; several bars with live music on the weekend 'Walking Street'. One hotel is 777 Hometel.

Thanks Sunset, I have now done just that and booked the last room at 777 hometel for that night. There was also a room at NP Residence available. Best to stick with 777 for lively student bar scene?

777 is much closer....5 mins.....Enjoy yourself........make time to take in the view of the Mekong and Laos mountains in the morning before u go to SakNak.