Chiang Mai nightlife, do all these places still excist?

flyDelight

Chiang Mai is not for nightlife.... go to Pattaya, BKK, Samui, Phuket.

Yea, I thought the nightlife began its downhill slide once they closed the Hennessey Club off of Huay Kaew. What can I say, shame on me but I miss the traditional ramwong girls. But I am an old fart and my kids who are now in their twenties prefer the nightlife scene in Chang Mai to anywhere else in Thailand. Your mileage may vary, especially if you put Pattaya on your list.

>>CM night life is dead. Period.<<

Depends what you are looking for .I used live in and enjoy Pattayas night life but out grew it .Night life now in C.M ,consists of going to my local farang bar in the suburbs and having convesation with friends ,and listening to the live music they have one night a week .

There is Players Bar opposite Down under bar at the very end of Loi Kroh road ,near the iron bridge .Also the Reggae bar right at the turn to the iron bridge .Another Boy Blues bar right inside the Night Bazaar .

re

wonder how many of these places are actually still open?

spicy !

here ya go .... opening hours as of two weeks ago !

yes .... four hours sad.png

dave2

If you go from 2000 - 2400, it's only 4 hours but, if you're in a serious party mood, do the 8pm to 12pm session. That's a full 16 hours!

Who says they don't know how to party (and confuse the authorities) in Chiang Mai?

This is the complete list from that webpage, anyone who can tell which ones are dead?

Warm Up Cafe
Infinity
Sonic Playground
Discovery
Whiz
Mandalay
Monkey Club
Fabrique Nightclub
Hot Shot Nightclub
Spicy Nightclub
Bubbles
Yellow Bar
Hua Lamphong Station 2
Differ Club Chiang Mai
Zanta Nightclub Chiang Mai
Lucky Club Chiang Mai
Whit Club Chiang Mai
Scratching Club
Belive Nightclub

re

There is Players Bar

oh no there isnt :( .... players bar closed a few months ago !

guitar man shut soon after the ruk with immigration and the musicians about

6 / 8 ish years ago ?

it then changed to bear bar for about two years

and im not sure when players opend but its dead now :(

dave2

post-42592-0-79994000-1457829163_thumb.j

post-42592-0-98802700-1457829203_thumb.j

This is the complete list from that webpage, anyone who can tell which ones are dead?

Warm Up Cafe

Infinity

Sonic Playground

Discovery

Whiz

Mandalay

Monkey Club

Fabrique Nightclub

Hot Shot Nightclub

Spicy Nightclub

Bubbles

Yellow Bar

Hua Lamphong Station 2

Differ Club Chiang Mai

Zanta Nightclub Chiang Mai

Lucky Club Chiang Mai

Whit Club Chiang Mai

Scratching Club

Belive Nightclub

This takes about 20 minutes on Facebook and Google to find out, but I don't feel like doing that now.

Also, several more could be added. Especially places that are after hours. But I think best not to do that on the forum.

Drove true town yesterday around 9 pm, can't believe how quiet it was, even Niman was very quiet, of course a few places get some customers.

Brought my girlfriend to Goodview village, that was more busy then the all city bars combined in my opinion.

If you like Thai hangouts, with crappy chairs and lousy music there are still a few places for you, but if you are looking for more action, besides just sitting and playing with your smartphone, please let me know where it is.

Zoo in Yellow last night, a few people, but not like before.

Just an observation.

Good news is, with the current closing times, I expect it to be even less in the future.

Edited by kalbo123

The first time I visited CM the Guitar man was still there, a nice relaxed bar with live music. Is there still something like this in CM? Chiang Rai has the Cat bar which is also relaxed.

Outside the city but Papa Rocks would probably be the venue..

Infinity is open on Nimman soi 6. I don't know how late, it's not my kind of place.

Monkey Club was closed and leveled over a year ago. There is a four story building under construction there now, I'm not sure what it will be.

Most of Nimmanhamin closes at midnight. Infinity, Warm-Up and Tawan Daeng may stay open until 1; I'm not fond of them so I haven't checked them out.

Around the old city there are places where you can quietly have a beer after midnight, but the party is largely over at midnight.

Why does it have to be a choice of going home at midnight or whoring? Surely there are grown men and women in Chiang Mai who occasionally like to stay out late every now and again, without getting completely wrecked and sleeping with prostitutes?.

God please I hope not.

Why does it have to be a choice of going home at midnight or whoring? Surely there are grown men and women in Chiang Mai who occasionally like to stay out late every now and again, without getting completely wrecked and sleeping with prostitutes?.

Agree completely.

As an aside, this whole topic is again for the original poster's blog article, isn't it?

How about we just write it for you, and save a lot more forum posts? ;)