Activist abbot's temple in Nakhon Pathom under gun attack

webfact

Activist abbot's temple under gun attack

12873584_10154033623673637_1082392232_o-

NAKHON PATHOM: -- Unknown number of gunmen sprayed shots from assault rifles at Wat Or-noi temple in Nakhon Pathom, but caused no injuries to lives.

The temple is where the activist abbot Phra Buddha-issara resides.

The abbot told police that unknown gunmen fired from the rear of the temple and caused several holes at a wall of the shelter where the abbot would perform Dhamma activities.

The motive of the gun attack remained unknown but the abbot strongly opposed the naming of Somdet Chuang, abbot of Wat Paknam Phasicharoen as the country’s new supreme patriarch.

The Department of Special Investigation will send a team of officials to question Somdet Chuang at the temple at 8 pm tonight over his occupation of the illegal Mercedes-Benz vintage car.

Source: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/content/155360

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- Thai PBS 2016-03-16

DELETED

Humor aside, he is one of the few monks that seem to have an unwavering standard of sticking up for the principles of right and wrong.

This man has a lot of enemies among red shirts and a certain Buddhist sect that are aligned with the man in Dubai.

I hope he manages to stay safe, Thai Buddhism needs more people like this.

Edited by seedy
Quote hidden post

Humor aside, he is one of the few monks that seem to have an unwavering standard of sticking up for the principles of right and wrong.

This man has a lot of enemies among red shirts and a certain Buddhist sect that are aligned with the man in Dubai.

I fully agree with what you said. There are plenty of examples of religious leaders taking political stances. . thumbsup.gif

Edited by seedy
Quote hidden post

Orange shirts?

Dang!

I love wearing orange shirts (cycling clothes or otherwise).

Does this mean that in addition to not wearing yellow or red (I used to like red before......), it will become socially difficult to wear orange?

You are deliberately misleading, I hope.

This guy's about as Buddhist as the Pope....

Like I said in another thread - the religion is a reflection of society . it's all about power and wealth . Not much of the real Buddhism going on here.

I guess we can look on the bright side in that while they are dodging bullets they will shed a few calories; obesity being such a problem at the moment.