Thailand fines executives for insider trading

webfact

Thailand fines executives for insider trading
REUTERS

BANGKOK: -- Thailand's market regulator said on Wednesday it had fined executives at several firms for insider trading amid unprecedented pressure from international and Thai investors for corporate governance reforms.

The Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) in Thailand is seeking harsher penalties under Thai law for financial crimes. A scandal over corporate governance erupted in December when one of the country's largest companies, CP All, kept executives in their positions after the SEC fined them record amounts for insider trading.

On Wednesday, the SEC fined executives at Bangkok Insurance Pcl, WHA Corporation Pcl and Siam Global House Pcl for insider trading and other violations of market regulations.

Full story: http://www.reuters.com/article/thailand-insider-trading-idUSL3N16O3WS

reuterslogo.jpg
-- Reuters 2016-03-17

"Never happened "

"Never , never , never, " (executive)

"I just watched you do that literally" ! (SEC)

" i did not " ( executive )

"well we fine you " (SEC)

"oh okay " (executive)

" I still keep my job, have more money and leverage "

" I am an insider still on the inside"

'" what a wonderful life "

Chock dee Chock dee !

Forget the fines, completely useless. A long period in prison, asset seizure, lifetime bans . This is only an issue now because institutional investors are fed up with the incessant corruption in these listed companies.

What on earth is the point in being an executive of a Thai company if you can't profit from dealing in shares with information unavailable to other shareholders?

I suppose you are right, how are they to survive on their meager salaries?

"Never happened "

"oh okay " (executive)

Chock dee Chock dee !

You left out the part where they claimed ignorance of the law. I would be interested in knowing the amount of the fine levied. More than likely will not raise the bar for insider trader.

"Never happened "

"oh okay " (executive)

Chock dee Chock dee !

You left out the part where they claimed ignorance of the law. I would be interested in knowing the amount of the fine levied. More than likely will not raise the bar for insider trader.

Have a look at the linked article. This is one extract but there is more

The SEC said it had fined Siam Global House Chairman Witoon Suriyawanakul 24.3 million baht ($694,000) for using insider information to profit from purchases of ordinary shares and warrants in the company

What on earth is the point in being an executive of a Thai company if you can't profit from dealing in shares with information unavailable to other shareholders?

Or owning a political party if you can't get access to cabinet meetings.

It is impossible to underestimate the ingenuity of the usual suspects in introducing a reference to Thaksin where it is entirely irrelevant.

It is impossible to underestimate the ingenuity of the usual suspects in introducing a reference to Thaksin where it is entirely irrelevant.

What! No attempt to dissociate illegal access to cabinet meetings to insider trading? Or was that it?

Forget the fines, completely useless. A long period in prison, asset seizure, lifetime bans . This is only an issue now because institutional investors are fed up with the incessant corruption in these listed companies.

Shame shame shame, why are they not lined up, photographed and their names and details of the transactions shown ??

Come on journalists, who are they ? What did they do ?

Specifically, come on tell the world about how corrupt this place can be.

Yes, asset seizure and lifetime ban, the only way to slow if not stop this shit.