Pattaya Man Attempts to Hangs Himself

snoop1130

Pattaya Man Attempts to Hangs Himself
Pattaya One

%E0%B9%80%E0%B8%94%E0%B9%87%E0%B8%81%E0%

PATTAYA ONE -- A man in Naklua tried to hang himself recently. Those close to him suspect it was caused by his numerous insecurities. The man’s girlfriend claims he often had bouts of depression. He suspected she was cheating on him.

At 4:00pm on Thursday, March 16th, Sawang Boriboon rescue team responded to reports of an incident in North Pattaya. A 9-year old boy had walked into his house to find his 34-year old uncle, Khun Ping, hanging from the ceiling. Shocked, the boy, nicknamed Thanakron, rushed to tell nearby relatives.

Full Story: http://pattayaone.net/pattaya-news/222150/pattaya-man-hangs/

pattaya-one.jpg
-- Pattaya One 2016-03-17

"When emergency officials arrived, they attempted to resuscitate the unconscious man for over 20 minutes. However, they were unsuccessful. The 34-year old man has been sent to Banglamung Hospital to be monitored by doctors."

If he didn't survive what are they monitoring?

"When emergency officials arrived, they attempted to resuscitate the unconscious man for over 20 minutes. However, they were unsuccessful. The 34-year old man has been sent to Banglamung Hospital to be monitored by doctors."

They apparently tried to revive him from a state of being unconscious, not from a state of being dead.

Hence the monitoring by the hospital staff. Presumably, the victim died a time after the initial attempts to revive him at the scene.

Unconscious and dead, although easily confused by the savvy reader, are not the same.

Edited by HLover

They apparently tried to revive him from a state of being unconscious, not from a state of being dead.

Hence the monitoring by the hospital staff. Presumably, the victim died a time after the initial attempts to revive him at the scene.

Unconscious and dead, although easily confused by the savvy reader, are not the same.

I worked for several years as a mortician. Yes I am just a little familiar with death. Generally it doesn't require monitoring.

I think the clue is in the word "unsuccessful".

He obviously did survive, where in the report does he say that he died?

I worked for several years as a mortician. Yes I am just a little familiar with death. Generally it doesn't require monitoring.

That would explain your familiarity with death and your unfamiliarity with the state of unconsciousness perhaps.

Generally, monitoring those who have attempted to kill themselves and who may have suffered from a lack of oxygen to the brain is a good thing.

If you worked several years as a mortician....oh, nevermind.

That would explain your familiarity with death and your unfamiliarity with the state of unconsciousness perhaps.

Generally, monitoring those who have attempted to kill themselves and who may have suffered from a lack of oxygen to the brain is a good thing.

Yes you are correct, he apparently did survive.

Normally in our language "unsuccessful resuscitation" with a photo of emergency responders doing CPR would mean umm.....unsuccessful.

He obviously did survive, where in the report does he say that he died?

That's the impression I got too. The headline use of "attempts" makes it sound like he tried but failed and there would be little point in doctors continue to monitor him if he had succeeded in killing himself.

Glad you were only a mortician and not a certified doctor.

Normally in our language "unsuccessful resuscitation" with a photo of emergency responders doing CPR would mean umm.....unsuccessful.

Resuscitate: revive (someone) from unconsciousness or apparent death.

It is very possible for emergency workers to resuscitate and unconscious person.

Again, I and many others are so happy you only dealt with the dead and not the living.

I am glad you know how to use a dictionary. There are no shades of resuscitation. Either it is successful or not. An unconscious patient is placed in the recovery position. A dead person is given CPR as in the photo. You never give CPR to an unconscious person.

I only had one complaint in the morgue. So I just screwed the lid down tighter.

Edited by sipi

Resuscitate: revive (someone) from unconsciousness or apparent death.

It is very possible for emergency workers to resuscitate and unconscious person.

Again, I and many others are so happy you only dealt with the dead and not the living.

I will take that as a complement.
The paper article clearly states that the resuscitation was UNSUCCESSFUL. That is why I asked.

Yes Sipi, poorly written, translated.

He was obviously unconscious and they trying g to kill him by doing CPR. There's nothing like chest compressions on a heart that's already beating.....55555 priceless.

Maybe they should of said that he was unconscious and dispite attempts to bring him around he remains so......also known as a coma.

Only in Thailand.

Of course, on the flip side, if I. Fact heis deceased and somebody is monitoring him, may I suggest they move him to a cold environment because it's going to get a bit smelly soon, as it does.