Where to find golden syrup?

konisaan

Rimping at Meechok and the one near the iron bridge both had some last week. Either in the 454gm green tin or the new same size plastic bottle...however the bottled stuff is either maple or butterscotch flavour.

I prefer the tin version. Was thinking of making some hokey pokey but its just too hot at the moment!

Rimping at Meechok and the one near the iron bridge both had some last week. Either in the 454gm green tin or the new same size plastic bottle...however the bottled stuff is either maple or butterscotch flavour.

I prefer the tin version. Was thinking of making some hokey pokey but its just too hot at the moment!

Butterscotch.... I think I just came in my Y's

It was in Rimping at Maya yesterday when I was shopping...

just saying it was in rimping yesterday would have been enough. by adding "when I was shopping" is not an economical use of the English language

For Rimping take your night goggles and go to Promenada they have the largest selection.

Also ask where it is as they do not have signs saying what is in the aisle's.

uptheos post # 10.

Add a kilo of white refined sugar into a pan of boiling water, add a few lemon slices, boil on low for 45 minutes, let it cool and eat.

Have your blood sugar checked regularly

Also ensure your dental appointments are then 4 times a year rather than twice a year.cheesy.gif

Edited by shunter

If you happen to see Rose's Lime Juice around anywhere or Patak's Mango Chutney, please let me know. Given up the ghost on that one though I think.

I saw Pataks Mango Chutney in Tesco Lotus Meechok about 2 weeks ago. Unsure if they still have stock though. As for the Roses Lime Juice.... havent seen but Ive been using the Bickford brand and thats ok. Bickfords is available at Rimping.

Add a kilo of white refined sugar into a pan of boiling water, add a few lemon slices, boil on low for 45 minutes, let it cool and eat.

Have your blood sugar checked regularly

I've done this before and it's good for using in cakes and biscuits, but there's nothing quite like the taste of Tate and Lyle's on thick white bread. Tried several variations of recipes I found online, but nothing comes even close to it. I bought a squeezy bottle of it in England and refill this from tins, it makes it a lot easier to use.

Just thinking about this now means I know what I'm going to have for supper. licklips.gif

If you happen to see Rose's Lime Juice around anywhere or Patak's Mango Chutney, please let me know. Given up the ghost on that one though I think.

I saw Pataks Mango Chutney in Tesco Lotus Meechok about 2 weeks ago. Unsure if they still have stock though. As for the Roses Lime Juice.... havent seen but Ive been using the Bickford brand and thats ok. Bickfords is available at Rimping.

Thanks for the heads up on Bickfords Lime. Excellent. Overdose on lager (Leo) and lime tonight. Never thought I'd crave that again :)

Golden Syrup? Is that sort of like a Golden Shower???

Now thats just sick.... I suppose that if you are of German decent, next you'll be asking about a full lunch!

You sir, have a perverted sense of humour... and Im not sure if it will be appreciated in this particular forum.

Thanks for the heads up on Bickfords Lime. Excellent. Overdose on lager (Leo) and lime tonight. Never thought I'd crave that again :)

I tried/are trying Bickfords in my Leo tonight.... initially not enough put in but now the mix is getting better. Reminds me of Radler beer back in NZ.

A very nice drop during the summer months. And as Chiang Mai is the equivalent of summer most of the time, its perfect for the splash of lime.

Excuse me while I now go and get inebriated on this potion...

I tried/are trying Bickfords in my Leo tonight.... initially not enough put in but now the mix is getting better. Reminds me of Radler beer back in NZ.

A very nice drop during the summer months. And as Chiang Mai is the equivalent of summer most of the time, its perfect for the splash of lime.

Excuse me while I now go and get inebriated on this potion...

Yeah, great isn't it. I really enjoy it. Gives a nice edge to the lager that I find otherwise doesn't quite cut it when it's really hot. It's quite nice with Singha Light too, not so much Tiger I find. I actually took a small size Nestle water bottle of it to the bar the other day, my large Leo much more refreshing now.

A really good dry cider I find nice too, but none of them dry enough here, even the stuff labelled as dry is still way too sweet for me.

Seen Patak's at Tops, Kad Suan Gaew. There is also Mother's Brand which is cheaper but too salty for my taste.

Cheers. Will try there tomorrow. No time to try Tesco yet. But they DID have Geeta's Mango Chutney which is also pretty good at Central Festival. AND.....Waitrose English Mustard. 120 baht. Great for fry ups!! Central had Colmans as well but around 250 baht. That's a pricey pot of mustard.

You can also find Branston Pickles in Tescos' at times, but Rimping is a better bet. Very nice with a good strong cheddar.

I agree with Konisaan re the Mothers mango chutney...way too salty. There was a brand we use to use in the army called Anglo Indian Mango Chutney (Or something sounding similar) It was a very dark colour but boy it tasted great, even the old ration packs gained a bit of life if you had a jar of that stuff.