extending a stay for irish passport holders

I have 2 friends coming over soon with Irish passports

Are they allowed to extend their permission to stay for 1 extra month ?(like G7 countries etc )

i read that :

• G7 Countries get 30 days: Canada, France, Germany, Italy, Japan, USA and United Kingdom.

and :

A 60 day Tourist Visa (every entry) and, since 29.8.2014, also the 30/15 days visa exempt stamp, will be extended for 30days at Thai Immigration, THB 1,900.-

not sure if Ireland is included with countries that can pay 1900 at bkk or if they have to exit and reenter ?

If your friend enters Thailand through an airport, he will get a visa exempt stamp which allows a permission of stay of 30 days.

If he enters Thailand crossing a land border from a neighboring country, he will get a permission of stay of 15 days.

G7 countries get 30 days on land borders also.

A permission of stay under a visa exempt, whether it's 15 days or 30 days, can be further extended one time for another 30 days in a local Immigration office, at a cost of 1,900 baht.

Edited by lkv
  • Like 1

Yes, 30 day stamp which can be extended for another 30 days locally.

Be advised though that some airlines may ask for an exit ticket out of Thailand before boarding. I'm not too sure how that plays out for London or Dublin, maybe other members can clarify.

Yes, But why don't they get a Visa in Ireland, They can get a Single, Double, Triple entry visa been from Ireland.

Hope you just don't bring them to the nearest Irish bar in Thailand thumbsup.gif

That's incorrect, double and triples have been phased out since 13 Nov 2015, the only options left are single entry and multiple entry when applying at the Embassy / Consulate. Edited by lkv
  • Like 1

Yes, But why don't they get a Visa in Ireland, They can get a Single, Double, Triple entry visa been from Ireland.

Hope you just don't bring them to the nearest Irish bar in Thailand thumbsup.gif

That's incorrect, double and triples have been phased out since 13 Nov 2015, the only options left are single entry and multiple entry when applying at the Embassy / Consulate.

Really, news to me, my bad.

Just check it out, your are correct.

Edited by Phantom4