Motorist Survives Bangkok Rama IV Road Assassins

webfact

Motorist Survives Rama IV Road Assassins

By Chayanit Itthipongmaetee
Staff Reporter

14587107551458710776l.jpg
A tight cluster of seven bullet holes on the driver’s side of a Toyota Vios shot up early Wednesday morning on Rama IV Road near Khlong Toei Junction in Bangkok. Six shots hit the driver inside.

BANGKOK — Police are seeking two suspects who opened fire on a vehicle early this morning, shooting its driver six times near a busy Bangkok market.

Suvit Anannateechai, 47, is in stable condition at King Chulalongkorn Memorial Hospital after two men attacked him as he was reportedly on his way to Khlong Toei Market at about 5:30am on Wednesday morning with his girlfriend, Lt. Col. Yanyong Suwansa-ard of Tha Ruea Police Station said.

Full story: http://www.khaosodenglish.com/detail.php?newsid=1458710755

kse.png
-- Khaosod English 2016-03-23

The close grouping of the bullet holes would indicate someone who is proficient in guns. Perhaps army or police training or someone who frequents gun ranges

Not necessarily. If you look at the video he was standing right in front of the windshield of the stopped car when he was shooting, he was not on the mc. Less than a meter away from target. I thought the same thing until I saw the video. At that distance, you could close your eyes and probably group it. smile.png

The close grouping of the bullet holes would indicate someone who is proficient in guns. Perhaps army or police training or someone who frequents gun ranges

Not necessarily. If you look at the video he was standing right in front of the windshield of the stopped car when he was shooting, he was not on the mc. Less than a meter away from target. I thought the same thing until I saw the video. At that distance, you could close your eyes and probably group it. smile.png

I disagree with you. The shots were fired so quickly. Anyone inexperienced would have lost their Ain even at close range due to the kickback. This shooter is no stranger to firing a weapon

The Thai way of settling business disputes......... Sure saves

time in court, but looks a bit off to foreign tourists. Am stunned

the guy is still alive. Looks like he took all the shot straight to

the chest. He must have seen the gunman coming, and dodged

over the passenger side after the first shot.

Adrenaline running full tilt and a not so experienced shooter

after one shot he could have

calmly walking to the side window would have given clear view

of the ducking target , who may not have had the door locked and seat belt on,

instead firing 7 shots that did not stop the lungs or heart pumping.

waste of ammo , time , and if not a crime of passion , then unlikely to get paid.

Ok, so this is pure speculation..... but he was hit by 6 shots at close range and is in a 'stable condition'. Would seem to me he was wearing some form of bullet proof vest. One wonders who this fellow is and what he was involved in.

I disagree with you. The shots were fired so quickly. Anyone inexperienced would have lost their Ain even at close range due to the kickback. This shooter is no stranger to firing a weapon

Not that quickly and he is in a two hand stance with a semi-auto most likely 9mm to keep the gun rise down. The first 4 shots were actually quite slow, the last 3 he sped it up. At that distance the spread is actually pretty wide considering he was nearly on top of the windscreen, I could do that at 50+ yards, but than I'm military trained. I'm not saying it isn't as you state but saying you don't have to be that proficient with a firearm to do that at that distance.

However, the sheer cold bloodiness of it may be a hint to the type.

This has become the wild west. Thailand is definatly losing it's luster.

The wild west? Cars getting shot up happens all over the world including the US and even in places such as the UK where gun laws are highly strict

Edited by ExpatLife

Correct, not if it were only 2 or three perhaps very lucky but this much so close together? No you are spot on

I wonder if, in the dark, with the tinted front window, they thought Lt. Col. Yanyong Suwansa-ard was driving?

Why would the police spokesperson for the investigation have been driving?

Yep, already been pulled up on that one. My bad. thumbsup.gif

Or anybody standing within 5 metres of the car. If someone proficient with a gun had fired 7 shots the driver would be dead.