Typical costs for aircon routine service and gas top-up - CM?

SooKee

About says it really. Looking for what the avarage cost would be for a reputable company that do a good job of cleaning and charging the gas. In Phuket a good company would come in at about 300 baht per unit. The ones I've contacted here seem to around 600 per unit. Don't mind paying it provided it's the going rate for a good job. Just want to avoid paying over the odds if there's no need. Any recommendations for companies others have used and been satisfied with welcome - Nongkwaai area. Used one once before that had me doing more cleaning up than I would have liked!!!

Edited by SooKee

they do not do "routine top ups" of the gas. if you need gas then you have a leak. our A/C's have not had a gas top up since they were installed 8-9 years ago. an a/c working properly does not need a top up. cleaning cost about 500 Bath on average per unit. we get ours cleaned 2X per year. once in a while our guy checks the gas with the meter and shows me "does not need gas".

the same does not apply to car A/C's which do need top ups.

Cheers. Maybe the service companies I've experience of using in Phuket give the condos knock-down rates if they're doing a lot of units there.

This company was 600 + 100 if you want the gas topping off. So maybe a bit over but in the right ball park.

Edited by SooKee

they do not do "routine top ups" of the gas. if you need gas then you have a leak. our A/C's have not had a gas top up since they were installed 8-9 years ago. an a/c working properly does not need a top up. cleaning cost about 500 Bath on average per unit. we get ours cleaned 2X per year. once in a while our guy checks the gas with the meter and shows me "does not need gas".

And why is this? just curious.

Good thread for the hot season.

Who is good to call for cleaning/maintenence of residential AC units? CMU/Nimman area. Experienced with MITSUBISHI preferred.

Last time I went through Condo management. Fleeced for "farang price".

About "top-off" of coolant gas the unit is either leaking or is not. Any companies or repairmen who top off the gas and walk away without REPAIR of the problem

are to be avoided. You will just have to call them back again. Some do not have the requisite knowledge or abilities to do so anyway. Went through this with a rented property overseas managed by such moppets and had to have the whole unit replaced because nobody there can actually fix anything and they don't have the parts.

Edited by arunsakda

more mechanical threaded connections, no soldered ones, higher temperature differences (engine compartment) plus car movements = much higher chance of leaks.

having said so it' worthwhile to mention that i owned two cars for a period of more than 8 years each which never needed any refrigerant topping.

Air Con is a sealed system all connections are brazed.

Cars have fittings so not as tight

There's a big difference in the work and time involved between a routine service

and a thorough clean, which determines the amount of labour cost.

A thorough clean includes removal of the fan unit from inside the room it's then stripped

down and the evaporator fins and fan blades are cleaned with a chemical that disperses all the

dried on dirt that is built up over time with the use of a power jet water sprayer.

The outside unit is also stripped and the condenser fins are sprayed with said chemical and again

jet washed down.

This should be done once or twice annually depending on usage.

Most routine services do not include this in their work as they just clean out the filters

and check the gas pressures.

Ran me 500B about three weeks ago.....System check & charge....

When it turned hot the duct air seemed cold but not chilled....Once a small charge was added = all ok....

Pro Auto.....I had previously used Amnuay but they are a lot further away from our house.....

There's a big difference in the work and time involved between a routine service

A thorough clean includes removal of the fan unit from inside the room it's then stripped

down and the evaporator fins and fan blades are cleaned with a chemical that disperses all the

dried on dirt that is built up over time with the use of a power jet water sprayer.

The outside unit is also stripped and the condenser fins are sprayed with said chemical and again

jet washed down.

Most routine services do not include this in their work as they just clean out the filters

every cleaning we've ever had has included what you describe. they even attach a large tent-like thing to the case of the blower unit to trap and collect the water when they bring the high-pressure inside the house. gets every single piece of dirt out.

jet washed down.

every cleaning we've ever had has included what you describe. they even attach a large tent-like thing to the case of the blower unit to trap and collect the water when they bring the high-pressure inside the house. gets every single piece of dirt out.

Not exactly the same as i described if they needed to attach a large tent like thingy inside your house to clean the blower unit.

What I described was the complete removal of the fan blower unit from the wall and taken outside where it is stripped down so each individual component i.e: the evaporator and fan blades are fully removed and accessible,where they are cleaned with a chemical that dissolves all the grime and then jet washed away. They literally strip the fan blower unit in to many pieces so as to prevent any water getting in to the electronic circuit boards etc and clean out only the contaminated components.

Just had two guys in yesterday to do a routine clean and inspect. Before doing anything, they covered the areas around our two units with plastic dropcloths. They removed most of the 'guts' of the wall-mounted units and pressure washed them in the bathroom, dried and reinstalled them, inspected the outside compressors (or what ever they are?) and then started them up. We used a laser temp gauge to check the thermostats, and when all was said and done, the cost was 500 baht for each unit. Took them a little under two hours, and cleaned up the work areas perfectly!

jet washed down.

Not exactly the same as i described if they needed to attach a large tent like thingy inside your house to clean the blower unit.

What I described was the complete removal of the fan blower unit from the wall and taken outside where it is stripped down so each individual component i.e: the evaporator and fan blades are fully removed and accessible,where they are cleaned with a chemical that dissolves all the grime and then jet washed away. They literally strip the fan blower unit in to many pieces so as to prevent any water getting in to the electronic circuit boards etc and clean out only the contaminated components.

they do that as well; twice a year.