Airport Express Bus

coconutty

thanks soju. what are my other options then for getting into banglamphu? any public buses at this time? bus 551 maybe? any idea how much should a taxi cost?

No sure at all about the public buses or taxis as I haven't taken either yet. Someone else would be more qualified to answer that. Only thing I noticed about the taxis was that there are three separate booths on Level 1 and lots and lots of taxis without hardly any passengers. There was no line at any of the three booths. The sign there clearly said that within Bangkok the price was the meter plus 50 Baht plus any toll charges, and that if your destination is outside of Bangkok you must negotiate a price with the driver.

Only thing I noticed about the taxis was that there are three separate booths on Level 1 and lots and lots of taxis without hardly any passengers. There was no line at any of the three booths.

I've heard that from other sources, and it worries me a bit. How long will the taxi drivers continue the practice of coming to the airport to wait and wait and wait and wait? Pretty soon, won't they think they can make more money by avoiding the airport? A taxi parked in a queue is not a taxi making money.

Or, will the B50 surcharge have to be increased to encourage them to come and wait?