Buying Car In Korat Area

STARGASA

Hi everyone,

We will be arriving in Korat in June with the intentions of buying a new or near new car from a dealer.

Based on the members previous experiences has anyone had good / bad views on any dealerships / car sales in Korat ?

Thanks in advance.

We bought a Nissan a few years ago from the Nissan dealer on the main road that the mall is on and were satisfied with our experience. A couple of months ago we purchased a new Toyota at the Toyota dealer on the same road, right across from the mall and again have no complaints.

In both instances promises were kept and deliveries were made as promised.

Edited by SpokaneAl

We bought a Nissan a few years ago from the Nissan dealer on the main road that the mall is on and were satisfied with our experience. A couple of months ago we purchased a new Toyota at the Toyota dealer on the same road, right across from the mall and again have no complaints.

In both instances promises were kept and deliveries were made as promised.

Thanks, that`s a start, in the last 6 years or so we have always borrowed the the brother in laws car but as we are returning to stay we will need our own.

I bought a new Mazda 3 from the Mazda dealer just past Save-One and got good service. My English friend has bought 3 cars from the Toyota dealer on By-Pass near the JoHo exit and loves them. They have English speaking sales people.

Whether "new" or "2nd hand" (be careful here), best to stay with Toyota and/or Honda. I've had positive experiences with both (2 purchases) but in Bangkok and Rayong, not Korat. Start at the dealers even if considering 2nd hand.

Good luck.

We bought a new Vios from 1988 toyota near No 2 bus station. Excellent service. They also have a second branch out on the bypass road near Joho which sells used cares under the Toyota "CARE" banner meaning they are low km and have warranty.

(1988 is the name of the business...not the year of purchase / model of car before anyone starts lol )

Edited by Lopchan

Question, what is your age if near 60 they will not finance

If you are married you can put the car in your wife's name and sign as guarantor if she does not have credit. I was 66 when we bought our new car. Put 30% down and financed the remainder over 3 years in my wife's name. Also, made it easier for her to purchase as I didn't have to get a Letter of Residence from Immigration.

Question, what is your age if near 60 they will not finance

If you are married you can put the car in your wife's name and sign as guarantor if she does not have credit. I was 66 when we bought our new car. Put 30% down and financed the remainder over 3 years in my wife's name. Also, made it easier for her to purchase as I didn't have to get a Letter of Residence from Immigration.
I believe that if your wife is 60, they also will not finance a loan for her either. Edited by SpokaneAl

Do not buy anything from the Toyota Dealer near the Korat Mall! I have had to go to Toyota twice in one year because the family, which owns the dealership, does not have any customer

service! The Toyota dealer near Global on the BIG C Highway 2 are very good. I think it's called JoHo Toyota! Toyota Thailand took care of my problems to my satisfaction!

Edited by tomwct

Do not buy anything from the Toyota Dealer near the Korat Mall! I have had to go to Toyota twice in one year because the family, which owns the dealership, does not have any customer

service! The Toyota dealer near Global on the BIG C Highway 2 are very good. I think it's called JoHo Toyota! Toyota Thailand took care of my problems to my satisfaction!

we to will never go back to them and the one close to makro,first getting tucked up with the insurance and other things.then being told we needed a new air filter

1600bht.yet the car had only done 2,000 kilometers.

we to will never go back to them and the one close to makro,first getting tucked up with the insurance and other things.then being told we needed a new air filter

1600bht.yet the car had only done 2,000 kilometers.

Wow, this is troubling. We bought a new car from the Toyota dealer across from the mall back in December and have had no problems, but of course have had no need for any servicing yet.

Time will tell.