Need to take sun-block in cabin luggage

I will travel to Europe in April and I have a medical condition that requires pharma-strength sunblock every couple of hours. Therefore I need to take about 300cc as cabin luggage. I will bring the doctor's prescription, but if security won't let me take it on the plane, I can't fly.

Advice, ideas? Contacts number for security at Suvi?

TheScribe.

Break it down into 100 ml bottles.

No problems.

They sometimes don't like opened bottles, because then if they are in a bad mood they can say they can't verify what is in them. Try to start with smaller bottles in the original prescription if possible. In the USA, the TSA regs say you are allowed to bring a quart-sized bag of liquids, aerosols, gels, creams and pastes in your carry-on bag and through the checkpoint. These are limited to travel-sized containers that are 3.4 ounces (100 milliliters) or less per item. Placing these items in the small bag and separating from your carry-on baggage facilitates the screening process. Items that are in containers larger than 3.4 ounces or 100 milliliters in checked baggage.

This seems a very strange condition that requires the OP to use 300 ml of sunblock on the flight itself.

If however the OP just needs the 300ml sunblock for the entire trip then there is do problem just decant the amount needed for the flight and put the balance into checked baggage.

As to security not liking opened containers in carry on bags that is BS. On all my flights all my carry on liquids have been in opened containers, quite often unlabelled generic 100ml or under bottles, never a problem, never a question, sometimes they have looked at the embossed measure on the side to confirm the size. We are not talking about the paranoid US TSA

Security don't like a 500ml bottle that is being used to hold 100ml of liquid. That won't work. The fear is the big bottle will have other 100ml liquids added to it in-flight to make a bomb. The op needs to buy some sunblock that is sold in 100ml or less bottles and buy 3 or 4 for the flight.

This seems a very strange condition that requires the OP to use 300 ml of sunblock on the flight itself.

If however the OP just needs the 300ml sunblock for the entire trip then there is do problem just decant the amount needed for the flight and put the balance into checked baggage.

As to security not liking opened containers in carry on bags that is BS. On all my flights all my carry on liquids have been in opened containers, quite often unlabelled generic 100ml or under bottles, never a problem, never a question, sometimes they have looked at the embossed measure on the side to confirm the size. We are not talking about the paranoid US TSA

I said "sometimes" they don't like it. The land of Oz sure doesn't. If they can't determine to their satisfaction what is in there, they often don't allow it. It is not being paranoid. For you chemistry folks there are plenty of liquids that if mixed together become quite volatile.

This is all a non-issue. I swear, some of these Thaivisa members will argue about anything.

At any drugstore, they sell clear plastic bottles in 100ml sizes specifically for filling with your various toiletries, etc., so you can bring them on an airplane. I buy very large bottles of shampoo and conditioner which I use at home; when I travel, I fill these little bottles up with those products. Simple; in 15 years, I've never had any question in any country going through security. The OP simply has to buy three of these bottles, and distribute his 300 ml of sunscreen among them. Done.