Bangkok 'body in the bag' gang were from Bhutan. Dead man named

Jonathan Fairfield

Bangkok 'body in the bag' gang were from Bhutan. Dead man named
Thaivisa Reporters

can.jpg

BANGKOK:-- Police announced Thursday that the gang believed responsible for the "body in the bag" case in Bangkok have all fled Thailand.

They were from Bhutan. The man found in the bag in the Ong Ang canal in Phra Nakorn district was named as Ugyen Tshering,45, also from the Himalayan mountain kingdom.

He was discovered floating in a 'Bodium' bag earlier in the week. An autopsy revealed he had died when one of dozens of condoms containing amphetamines in his stomach had burst leading to overdose.

The gang, believed seven strong in total had entered Thailand via India on the 28th of March.

Six of them left last Saturday, April 2nd, a police spokesman has now confirmed.

A big investigation of the canal, guest houses and bag shops in the area where the body was discovered failed to produce a suspect but leads gained revealed that those presumed guilty of dumping their gang member have already left.

tvn.png
-- 2016-04-07

It is sad because whatever one thinks of drug mules, they are right at the bottom of the food chain in this activity. It's a certainty that the Thai boss is still driving his luxury car around town and not losing any sleep (the only regret being the lost drugs).

"They were from Bhutan"

Didn't the police say a few days ago they didn't want to reveal the nationality of the dead man because it could be damaging to the relationship between the two countries?

What directed the police into thinking the suspects were Thai?

And what evidence does now suddenly connect the Bhutanese men to the dead man that makes the police point to them as suspects of dumping the body when they failed to produce any evidence connecting them that?

If they travelled together, then they should be wanted for questioning as potential witnesses. They're not suspects of any crime if no evidence connects them to any crime. Telling the media your personal opinion, even if it's likely they are behind, is very unprofessional and makes you look incompetent and foolish.

What's up with Thais and the media?

"We will crack down on this and that" and "We think and believe this and that"...

What about saving yourself and potentially innocent victims from the embarrassment?

Imagine that was a pretty bad frickin' way to die, as your gang buddies watch, unwilling to take you to a hospital to save their own skins.

It was probably pretty quick actually. Probably at least an ounce of dope in each condom. More likely a sudden powerful seizure quickly leading to unconsciousness.

Bhutan?

That's the last country one would normally associate with criminal activity and murders, especially conducted in foreign countries. I thought Bhutan was the kingdom of gross national happiness. The only country in the world (to the best of my knowledge) where tobacco smoking is illegal and cigarettes can't be legally purchased.

However, Bhutanese that manage to travel abroad are a pesky bunch.

When I attended the University of Texas at El Paso, I met more Bhutanese than I've ever met anywhere else in one location - in actual fact, I don't recall ever meeting another Bhutanese citizen apart from there. The university at the time I was there hosted as many as 16 Bhutanese students, due to a scholarship program and special relationship between the university and Bhutan. The university's architectural style is actually inspired by Bhutanese dzongs or Buddhist temples.

The Bhutanese students I met there were anything like I expected. Most of them smoked tobacco (possibly because they couldn't do so in Bhutan) and they weren't nearly as friendly as I expected them to be, given all the hype one hears about that country. I was probably one of only a small number of students there that could even find Bhutan on a map and even have family members who've travelled there but that didn't seem to impress them that much...most were kinda emo.

"They were from Bhutan"

Didn't the police say a few days ago they didn't want to reveal the nationality of the dead man because it could be damaging to the relationship between the two countries?

And what evidence does now suddenly connect the Bhutanese men to the dead man that makes the police point to them as suspects of dumping the body when they failed to produce any evidence connecting them that?

If they travelled together, then they should be wanted for questioning as potential witnesses. They're not suspects of any crime if no evidence connects them to any crime. Telling the media your personal opinion, even if it's likely they are behind, is very unprofessional and makes you look incompetent and foolish.

"We will crack down on this and that" and "We think and believe this and that"...

What about saving yourself and potentially innocent victims from the embarrassment?

What are you talking about? Of course if foreign criminals murder someone here we're going to know what the nationality of the accused are. It also gives special face value when the perpetrators are found to be foreigners.

The only reason I can think of as to why you wouldn't want to mention the nationality of a criminal as being Bhutanese is because Bhutanese are not normally associated with criminal activity. They have gross national happiness there.

That name sounds tibetan to me....wonder if they found actual paperwork suggesting that or just made it up.

Thought bhutan chappies were the happiest people in the world...no gdp....just a gross happiness quotient.

No, no, that name sounds very Bhutanese to me. Ugyen is a very common name there - I know 2 Ugyens.

Actual paperwork suggesting that? Well they probably found the guy's passport, Sherlock! How else do you think the police normally identify dead foreigners?

"They were from Bhutan"

What are you talking about? Of course if foreign criminals murder someone here we're going to know what the nationality of the accused are. It also gives special face value when the perpetrators are found to be foreigners.

The only reason I can think of as to why you wouldn't want to mention the nationality of a criminal as being Bhutanese is because Bhutanese are not normally associated with criminal activity. They have gross national happiness there.

What are YOU talking about?

Why on earth would I say that? It's the Thai police that told the media a few days ago that they were not going to reveal the nationality of the man in the bag, as he said it could damage the relations between the two countries.

Which makes me think they had reasons to connect Thai person(s) to the dead Bhutanese man, but are now instead publicly suspecting 6 other Bhutanese men (without evidence) and as he says they have fled the country, meaning another case unsolved for political or personal reasons.

"They were from Bhutan"

Why on earth would I say that? It's the Thai police that told the media a few days ago that they were not going to reveal the nationality of the man in the bag, as he said it could damage the relations between the two countries.

Which makes me think they had reasons to connect Thai person(s) to the dead Bhutanese man, but are now instead publicly suspecting 6 other Bhutanese men (without evidence) and as he says they have fled the country, meaning another case unsolved for political or personal reasons.

The mind of the professional keyboard conspiracy theorist is truly remarkable ! smile.png

Edited by johnatong

"They were from Bhutan"

The mind of the professional keyboard conspiracy theorist is truly remarkable ! smile.png

New to Thailand?

... and have you read the two articles?

Edited by HOAX

Bhutan?

That's the last country one would normally associate with criminal activity and murders, especially conducted in foreign countries. I thought Bhutan was the kingdom of gross national happiness. The only country in the world (to the best of my knowledge) where tobacco smoking is illegal and cigarettes can't be legally purchased.

When I attended the University of Texas at El Paso, I met more Bhutanese than I've ever met anywhere else in one location - in actual fact, I don't recall ever meeting another Bhutanese citizen apart from there. The university at the time I was there hosted as many as 16 Bhutanese students, due to a scholarship program and special relationship between the university and Bhutan. The university's architectural style is actually inspired by Bhutanese dzongs or Buddhist temples.

The Bhutanese students I met there were anything like I expected. Most of them smoked tobacco (possibly because they couldn't do so in Bhutan) and they weren't nearly as friendly as I expected them to be, given all the hype one hears about that country. I was probably one of only a small number of students there that could even find Bhutan on a map and even have family members who've travelled there but that didn't seem to impress them that much...most were kinda emo.

Quite a few study here in Thailand at ABAC. Not a fan of them either.

That name sounds tibetan to me....wonder if they found actual paperwork suggesting that or just made it up.

Thought bhutan chappies were the happiest people in the world...no gdp....just a gross happiness quotient.

I first thought the name was Nepali. But as Nepal, Tibet and Bhutan are virtual neighbours then this name might be common to all three counties.

The other article said this guy was beaten very badly but after autopsy, found the amphetamine/condom.

What do you make of that? Maybe unable to pass the condom, so they beat the shit out of him thinking it would come out same time. sad.png

HOAX

1. No

2. Yes

I do not share, agree with or repeat the rantings of TVF conspiracy theorists !

Did you just respond to my comment to tell me you don't like conspiracy theorists on TVF? That's very interesting... I feel so much better now that I know you think that. Thanks! Lol

If you're not new to Thailand then you should know by now the Thai police isn't exactly famous for doing their job right. That itself should make people questioning everything they do. The police aren't exactly giving us an overdose of reasons to trust them. If you had read the other article then you wouldn't sit there acting like a fool trusting their infamous BS they so often rant about in the media, unless you're very naive.

Your taboo towards criticism is doing you no good, and that lame conspiracy theorist card of yours makes you look ill. Just stop embarrassing yourself.

Bhutan?

FYI, I recently went to Brunei and discovered you cannot buy cigarettes there too! You can take them with you from Duty Free but cannot but once in the country.

Tshering Ugyen is a Bhutanese name. The P.M. of Bhutan is also a Tshering..................https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tshering_Tobgay

It is a common Bhutanese name.