Runaway boyfriend of missing Scot Lisa Brown spotted in Thailand resort

webfact

Runaway boyfriend of missing Scot Lisa Brown spotted in Thailand resort
BY STEPHEN STEWART

A TOURIST claims to have spotted Simon Corner, 33, who has been wanted for questioning over the disappearance of mum-of-one Lisa since she vanished in Spain in November.

GLASGOW: -- A TOURIST claims to have spotted the runaway boyfriend of missing Scot Lisa Brown in a Thai resort.

Simon Corner has been wanted for questioning over the disappearance of mum-of-one Lisa, 32, since she vanished on the Costa del Sol in November.

Corner, 33, left Spain days after. He reappeared at Malaga airport in January, saying he was going to hand himself into police.

Full story: http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/scottish-news/runaway-boyfriend-missing-scot-lisa-7728425

-- Daily Record 2016-04-11

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

just wondered why a tourist would contact a newspaper, ? duh !! i hope this person reported it to the BIB. probably gone into hiding now. or camped out in a cornfield. just waiting for the " not guilty until proven " brigade to show up.. yeah right !!

just wondered why a tourist would contact a newspaper, ? duh !! i hope this person reported it to the BIB. probably gone into hiding now. or camped out in a cornfield. just waiting for the " not guilty until proven " brigade to show up.. yeah right !!

i went into the jomtien police station to report 2 of my staff who stole over 80 000thb in stock from my shop. i even had photo copies of their thai ID cards phone numbers and parents addresses. cops wrote 2 sentences in their log book and told me to go away. doubt they would care about some suspected foreign criminal who committed a crime on the other side of the world.

The 'not guilty, until proven' brigade, you mean those crazy people who believe in a fair and just trail for everyone, they must be nuts!

Sorry but as an american I don't know what they mean by "mum-of-one . Anyone can help here? Does it mean she had one child?

Well that is the meaning to those of us who speak ENGLISH.

Co operation in law enforcement sharing information,

is alive and well,

Yea, why not ask the Spanish border controls who let him live, but as per usual Thai customs cops it !

where is it posted about Thai ? read what is written

Sorry but as an american I don't know what they mean by "mum-of-one . Anyone can help here? Does it mean she had one child?

Coming from NZ I have never heard it that way. Mother of one yes.

i went into the jomtien police station to report 2 of my staff who stole over 80 000thb in stock from my shop. i even had photo copies of their thai ID cards phone numbers and parents addresses. cops wrote 2 sentences in their log book and told me to go away. doubt they would care about some suspected foreign criminal who committed a crime on the other side of the world.

In the UK I lost GBP80,000 due to theft from my computer games console shop and the police were not interested. Even when we arrested one of the gang ourselves when they came back for a second break in, the police did not want to investigate or try to recover my stock, nor did they want to take the gang member we caught to court. Never had a problem with the Thai police, they recovered a stolen gold necklace for me. I admit that I did have to pay the policeman's expenses up front(B500). You must realize that they often have to buy their own motorcycles, guns, pay for fuel and other expenses out of their own pockets.

That's worrying! Worrying almost as much as Donald Trump becoming American president!

Dunno about him. but i reported seeing Elvis at that same resort last month!!... Actually if they want to find him, he's hiding out disguised as Bill Murray living in Hollywood! :)

Telling Thai police, may not yield desired results. Another case: a Nepali serial killer came to Thailand. A Dutch embassy worker in Bkk did some sleuthing, and informed RTP of the Nepali's whereabouts. Thai cops showed up at the apt, looked at the Nepali's passport, then left, figuring all was in order. It wasn't. The Nepali went on to kill some more pretty young farang backpackers before he was arrested.

Sounds like this mummie of one didn't get much wuv from his mum and out of anger moved to Thailand to get his wuv you long time, wuv.

Although perhaps the phrase "mum-of-one" is an uncommon usage, had it said "mom of one" would you have then comprehended the sentence?

The connection is not difficult, but as an American, I am sure you understand that.thumbsup.gif .

Canada as well...it would be "mother of one."

is alive and well,

Yea, why not ask the Spanish border controls who let him live, but as per usual Thai customs cops it !

If h is in Thai jurisdiction then Thailand has some responsibility now that he is supposedly seen in country. Dont you understand that?

The article also mentions "Dad-of-one" - that is the masculine of Mum-of-one ? why is it hyphenated ? Why are we discussing English grammar in an article on a missing person ?

Note: Grammar is spelt ar at the end and many times people type er.....

BTW If this guy is wearing a body warmer in Pattaya just now he will turn up soon at a local hospital in a very dehydrated condition...or maybe he is in one of those Ice bars.....?

is alive and well,

Considering how often Thai police have to detain farang wanted by foreign police (who let them slip through their fingers), I'd say it's very much alive and well.

The article also mentions "Dad-of-one" - that is the masculine of Mum-of-one ? why is it hyphenated ? Why are we discussing English grammar in an article on a missing person ?

Note: Grammar is spelt ar at the end and many times people type er.....

BTW If this guy is wearing a body warmer in Pattaya just now he will turn up soon at a local hospital in a very dehydrated condition...or maybe he is in one of those Ice bars.....?

Seeing as how you are interested in "Why are we discussing English grammar in an article on a missing person?." lets complete your question:

The masculine of mum of one is dad of one, now if you're like a few others who think the article should read "mother of one" the masculine would be father of one.

Hope that clears up the small point for you.

Edited by Artisi

Canada as well...it would be "mother of one."

She is dead, does it really matter now ?