Reliable Taxi From Airport to Patong

Spiritman

Many thanks for the info.

Regards,

Spiritman

Turn right out of the airport and walk along to the meter taxis, alot cheaper than the fixed price old school booths !

And use GRABTAXI app when you are in Thailand, about half the price of the guys sitting around waiting for fares ....

I have used a guy a few times both to and from Phuket airport. The last time was yesterday afternoon.

He always turns up 10 to 15 minutes before the booked time and is always there waiting at the airport when I land. Yesterday I landed at 13:20 and he was there when I came out of the airport at 13:30.

His vehicle is always clean and tidy and he drives at a normal speed, rather than the crazy taxis you sometimes see weaving in and out of traffic.

He speaks good English and is pleasant to chat to.

His name is Somchai (I kid you not) and his number is +66 8-7823-6840. You need to book in advance and the price is 700 Baht to Patong - which believe me is a very good rate for a 45 minute+ taxi ride in Phuket.

its seems it may be the first time here. Learn to ask PRICES FIRST IN EVERYTHING, and expect to spend 10% more to your transportation experience as you will be cheated.

gyrosman no offense intended I think English is not your first language as this post is not logical. If you settle on a price before (as you state) why would you then spend 10% more, as well as then be cheated?

Clearly a NKM type axe to grind but maybe post your specific experience?

Poster that put up Somchai at 700thb to Patong, that for sure is a reasonable rate.

I have used a guy a few times both to and from Phuket airport. The last time was yesterday afternoon.

He always turns up 10 to 15 minutes before the booked time and is always there waiting at the airport when I land. Yesterday I landed at 13:20 and he was there when I came out of the airport at 13:30.

His vehicle is always clean and tidy and he drives at a normal speed, rather than the crazy taxis you sometimes see weaving in and out of traffic.

He speaks good English and is pleasant to chat to.

His name is Somchai (I kid you not) and his number is +66 8-7823-6840. You need to book in advance and the price is 700 Baht to Patong - which believe me is a very good rate for a 45 minute+ taxi ride in Phuket.

700 baht is a good rate for Patong....

Have you considered hiring a small car from one of the big rental companies at the airport for the duration of your holiday?

Without your own vehicle, the airport taxi is only just the start of your transport problems on Phuket.

I've always found this to be the best option. With the taxi prices in Phuket its not hard to come out in front with a hire car.