Thai Airways reports higher number of passengers in first quarter

webfact

Thai Airways reports higher number of passengers in first quarter

tg.jpg

BANGKOK, 14 April 2016 (NNT)-Thai Airways International has reported a higher number of passengers during the first quarter of this year.

Chief Financial Officer of THAI Narongchai Wongthanavimok revealed that an average number of passengers per flight increased from 73% to 77% within the first quarter due to more foreign tourist arrivals.

Most of them were from China, South Korea and Japan especially during the high tourist season month of February. Mr. Narongchai said Thai Airways International is now developing a marketing plan to boost ticket sales in the second quarter when the number of tourists is expected to decline.

nntlogo.jpg
-- NNT 2016-04-14 footer_n.gif

I flew Thai in first quarter but won't do it again. I got very few food (which was awfull anyway) and we also had a delay of an hour suddenly while boarding.

Also i don't like their personell, they are arrogant.

just priced a return trip to Australia, Thai was the only one offering direct flights and was an excellent price, looks like they are finally dropping their prices. Tried Singapore and Malaysia as well but both have stop overs that add several hours to the travelling time and they are no cheaper, been a while since I flew with Thai but looks like I will be again.

I am a frequent flyer with Thai.

But because of their HIGH pricing have not flown with them for a few years now.

Have used Qantas, Singapore, Cathay ALL with stop overs from Brisbane.

BUT i just booked a flight with Thai BRISBANE- BANGKOK- BRISBANE in November Return January for $ 830 cheaper than the ones i mentioned.

Will see what the service is like before i give them the thumbs up.

just priced a return trip to Australia, Thai was the only one offering direct flights and was an excellent price, looks like they are finally dropping their prices. Tried Singapore and Malaysia as well but both have stop overs that add several hours to the travelling time and they are no cheaper, been a while since I flew with Thai but looks like I will be again.

My wife and I fly BKK>MEL once or twice a year. We can get a cheaper-by-half flight with Jetstar, but they the time you add luggage, food, anything else one has to pay extra for, Thai Airways isn't that much more expensive - plus the seats are way better with Thai, as is the timing of the flights. YMMV

I'm not discrediting your comment but just for the fun of it I did a check on flights from both bkk-mel and bkk-syd on many different dates in both April and May and what i found were quite a few direct flights with other carriers at 1/2 the price of Thai Airways and also the lowest price I could find for Thai Airways had 24 other flights cheaper than them. Thai airways never once in my searches even made it into to top 20 in pricing but did average around the 50th cheapest flight.

Just my thoughts. ..

I'm not discrediting your comment but just for the fun of it I did a check on flights from both bkk-mel and bkk-syd on many different dates in both April and May and what i found were quite a few direct flights with other carriers at 1/2 the price of Thai Airways and also the lowest price I could find for Thai Airways had 24 other flights cheaper than them. Thai airways never once in my searches even made it into to top 20 in pricing but did average around the 50th cheapest flight.

Just my thoughts. ..

Try the Thai website directly. Also many travel agents and from time to time OTAs have special promos. The big drag for TG is its distribution strategy. There are times when J class from CDG is 25,000 baht cheaper at the website. It's one of the amazing irritants of doing business with TG.

Just my thoughts. ..

What site did you use to get those results? What dates returned 24 cheaper flights than Thai Airways?

I need to see this for myself.

Just my thoughts. ..

For some routes Thai air has normal prices. BKK Japan is one of them and they are full and fly A380's.

To Europe Thai is far too expensive.

The article, from NNT, is crap.

The purported increase in Q1 is not referenced to a comparison time frame, and the increase reported is not number of passengers but average capacity factor.

A more complete report would resolve these shortcomings.

But NNT specializes in this journalistic butchery.

Just my thoughts. ..

What site did you use to get those results? What dates returned 24 cheaper flights than Thai Airways?

I need to see this for myself.

Expedia

I used Thai air for 40+ trips from the uk.now their prices have gone through the roof and I flight air Malaysia.the stop over in k-l is quick and easily half price.£1080 Thai or £470 Malaysian.its a no brainer.goodbye thaiair.

Utter tosh unless the flight you chose was nearly full. LHR-BKK return has been under £500 for ages and still is, check the website.

Malaysia Air vs Thai Air = Miserable Muslims vs happy Buddhists.

I am a frequent flyer with Thai.

But because of their HIGH pricing have not flown with them for a few years now.

Have used Qantas, Singapore, Cathay ALL with stop overs from Brisbane.

BUT i just booked a flight with Thai BRISBANE- BANGKOK- BRISBANE in November Return January for $ 830 cheaper than the ones i mentioned.

Will see what the service is like before i give them the thumbs up.

Three of us flew TG Business Class from Brussels to BKK. From boarding to arrival - it was excellent - even the food was good.

THAI is a great airline with a great past (I used to do cross country in the USA - just to find a TG flight to Asia).

But the price is a killer. It is now nearly 3,000 euro return in Business class. Finnair - we booked business class - BRU - BKK-BRU via Helsinki - for 1604 euro. OK that jumped up a couple of hundred euro. Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss all offer around the 2,000 euro mark. So do Etihad and Emirates - but then deduct 100 euro each way for the free taxi to the airport service.

It is so SAD - to see THAI in such a mess. To see them grubbing for really bottom of the market business in China. But certainly from Europe they have priced themselves right OUT of the market.

I wished that Thai airline would fly direct from Bangkok to somewhere in Japan

then direct to Calgary, Alberta, Canada, and return the same route.

Now I am forced to take Air Canada, and someone else to do that route, and

I have had much better and friendlier service every time that I took Thai Air in the

past. I would pay the extra air fare for this service on such a long flight.

I try not to take Japan airlines as the service is good, but the Japanese passengers

are a noisy bunch, if they are not tired like me and sleeping, plus I do understand

some of the Thai language, and almost none of the Japanese. I am also sort of

allergic to that very hot Japanese sauce. Green color I think, and may be called

wasabi. Being a Geezer has its downfall, sensitive stomach, for one.

I hope that all of the Asian Airlines, survive this present down turn in the world economic

situation.

Geezer

I used Thai air for 40+ trips from the uk.now their prices have gone through the roof and I flight air Malaysia.the stop over in k-l is quick and easily half price.£1080 Thai or £470 Malaysian.its a no brainer.goodbye thaiair.

Utter tosh unless the flight you chose was nearly full. LHR-BKK return has been under £500 for ages and still is, check the website.

As of this moment , flights to LHR UK , Malaysia air £495 , Thai air £840

I check regularly on the AKL - BKK - AKL flights and Thai at $1800 NZ are out of the question. Qantas/Emirates are offering it at $1200 with 1 stop and Air NZ is offering direct flights to HCMC for $1200 return. All we need now is the Vietnam free visa to be extended to Kiwis and HCMC will be our new Far Eastern hub for our winter travels.

As of this moment , flights to LHR UK , Malaysia air £495 , Thai air £840

Please read my post and the one I quote, we are referring to LHR-BKK return not the other way round.

Home airlines always charge more from home because they can i.e. they do so and still sell the seats.

Thai Airway used to be my airline by choice. I have more than a few concerns about Thai. I have sent them messages with a few simple questions, of course, no one bother answering them.

So I only fly Thai when I have to, and last time Singapore Airline was full and I had to fly with Thai. It was not a pleasant flight and I sent below e-mail to them. Of course, 2 weeks on and no one have bothered to answer

++++++

Dear Thai Airways, again!

One more question!

Why should I pay for the business class ticket?

I buy it for the comfort, my last flight with you (Singapore Airways was full) and I was in my chair. Business department, maybe 25% full so I was enjoying myself. After take-off and the brought the tax free trolley and they parked it next to my seat.

The Stewardess pitched camp in the chair on the other side of the aisle from me. She sat up office and she started to take inventory of the tax free trolley. Up and down from her seat, open the darn doors. People going to the bathroom had to squeeze between my seat and the trolley.

For sure not a relaxing experience. When the tax free sale started the other Stewardesses started to come up front to pick up tax free items. It was one of my worst flight and I gave the crew my DUCK OFF glance and they realise that there were passengers. They brought the trolley to where it have been on ALL my previous flights, in the galley between business and the tourist class

No consideration for the passengers and a never mind mentality and my business class ticket was a waste of money. Please explain why anyone should choose to fly business class with Thai Airways, or use any of your services.

Former Thai Airways business class passenger and Thai gold member

Thai Airway used to be my airline by choice. I have more than a few concerns about Thai. I have sent them messages with a few simple questions, of course, no one bother answering them.

So I only fly Thai when I have to, and last time Singapore Airline was full and I had to fly with Thai. It was not a pleasant flight and I sent below e-mail to them. Of course, 2 weeks on and no one have bothered to answer

++++++

Dear Thai Airways, again!

One more question!

Why should I pay for the business class ticket?

I buy it for the comfort, my last flight with you (Singapore Airways was full) and I was in my chair. Business department, maybe 25% full so I was enjoying myself. After take-off and the brought the tax free trolley and they parked it next to my seat.

The Stewardess pitched camp in the chair on the other side of the aisle from me. She sat up office and she started to take inventory of the tax free trolley. Up and down from her seat, open the darn doors. People going to the bathroom had to squeeze between my seat and the trolley.

For sure not a relaxing experience. When the tax free sale started the other Stewardesses started to come up front to pick up tax free items. It was one of my worst flight and I gave the crew my DUCK OFF glance and they realise that there were passengers. They brought the trolley to where it have been on ALL my previous flights, in the galley between business and the tourist class

No consideration for the passengers and a never mind mentality and my business class ticket was a waste of money. Please explain why anyone should choose to fly business class with Thai Airways, or use any of your services.

Former Thai Airways business class passenger and Thai gold member

The only reason your "duck off" glance was heeded at all was because you were a business class customer, so it wasn't a total loss. tongue.png

I agree though, sounds like the flight attendant was in her own world if she did such a thing. Strange.

TRY Bkk-LHR.......................ha ha ha amazing difference 800 Quid....... ask why---never a satisfactory explanation.....The best on is " this is Thailand"

TRY Bkk-LHR.......................ha ha ha amazing difference 800 Quid....... ask why---never a satisfactory explanation.....The best on is " this is Thailand"

Yep, TG appear happy to rip off their fellow Thais, despite being approx. 50% owned by the government (ie the people). blink.png

Up to them ... but also 'up to you' ... so vote with your feet ! wink.png