Xbox One from Canada - will it work?

AlexCanada

My apologies if this has been answered but I read through some threads and it is not so clear.

I want to bring my Xbox One Forza edition from Canada. Will it work in Thailand? If I need a new power supply where can I buy one in Pattaya? Tukcom?

I don't need to play games online, only able to do system updates online.

If not I guess I will have to buy a new one in Thailand but I see Nadz at Terminal 21 sells this edition for 17,500 baht when I bought mine in Canada for about 10,000 baht. Where is a good place to buy in Pattaya or Bangkok?

Thank you for the help.

• 2 weeks later...

You will need a new power brick for sure hence canada uses 110 v and here it's 220 v ... For the system updates yes for sure no issues .... I got 2 consoles ... One from canada and the other from the ME ... Both working fine no issues ... No need to buy new console ... Just power transformer to get the voltage down from 220 to 110

• 2 months later...

You definitely need a step-down converter to reduce the voltage. Unlike the Xbox's, PS4's have an inline power adaptor that can be used on 110 to 240v, like most laptops. I just bought a PS4 Uncharted 4 Limited Edition bundle and the 3 games collection for less than $330 including tax and brought it back to Thailand this week. The consoles here in Thailand are definitey overpriced. I have seen PS3's at Big C selling for more than what I paid for my PS4.

Went out looking to purchase a Xbox One or PS4 yesterday. Found a place in tukcom. I know there is Nadz as well but prices look similar. Why is it twice as expensive to purchase an Xbox One or PS4 in thailand as it is in Canada?

Archived