Has anyone hired a Thai for unskilled work?

Looking for a range of what people are paying for various things, rather than just a suggested rate.

In the immediate case, I'm just looking for a PA / translator to take around with me and do some computer stuff / pick up food / whatever, but who knows what I / other ThaiVisa users might want to hire for next week, so examples of what people are paying for various things would probably be the best thread.

Sounds to me , that you are starting a illegal business.

My wife used to work as a translator and she was paid 50,000B a month for a 5 day work week.

We pay the workers in our factory 320B a day for a 12hr day, which includes lunch and sometimes dinner.

Our maid is paid 8000B a month.

When the wife needs farm help she pays 200B a day, which most of the time are Cambodians.

A welder we pay 600-800B day depending on the job and the experience of the guy.

Hope this helps.

A realistic example for ballpark skilled/unskilled pay here. Paying over the odds often lends the employee free-rein to act above their station.

Regards an English-speaking PA-type role, however, short of taking on a girlfriend and all the potential hassle/baggage/madness that implies, I think op will need to dig deep.

Edited by daveAustin