Bangkok Air Increase

Rooo

Bangkok Airways fares up by Bht 1,000.00.

When you book on the net , you have 3 options.

1/ Promotion price.......................................Bht 2,000.00 +++

2/ Ticket valid for 6 months.....M TICKET.....................Bht 3,385.00 +++

3/Yearly ticket .......................Y TICKET.................... Bht 4,365.00+++ .Now that one used to be a difference of a couple of hundred baht on the net from the M Ticket & that is the one they charge you for when you book in person at the airport.

So we all in reality now have to pay an extra 1,000.00,because if you even want to use your resident card discount,you have to book in person.So in reality we can throw the resident card discount away.

Spoke to a few locals today, they are up in arms & had a meeting.They gave Bangkok Air 2 weeks,then they will start protests blockade the airport.

Further to that international & domestic departure taxes have gone up,so let's see what follow on effect that will have on Samui airport.

Edited by Rooo

3/Yearly ticket .......................Y TICKET.................... Bht 4,365.00+++ .Now that one used to be a difference of a couple of hundred baht on the net from the M Ticket & that is the one they charge you for when you book in person at the airport.

So we all in reality now have to pay an extra 1,000.00,because if you even want to use your resident card discount,you have to book in person.So in reality we can throw the resident card discount away.

Spoke to a few locals today, they are up in arms & had a meeting.They gave Bangkok Air 2 weeks,then they will start protests blockade the airport.

Further to that international & domestic departure taxes have gone up,so let's see what follow on effect that will have on Samui airport.

You can ask someone to book your ticket without being there in person. Just give them your SRC

and thats it.

What 'locals' did you talk to ? Local Thais or local Farrangs ?

Do you really believe somebody will blockade the airport ? :o

What good would that do ?

Prices rise every year wherever you look....if you don't like, shop somewhere else i.e. take the bus ! :D

Seeing more and more samui people (Thai & farang) flying via Surrathani.

Guess it just leaves more seats for the tourists.

Last time the locals blockaded the Raja Ferry over a price increase ,Seatran got brought on to the playing field to even things up.

Don't knock people power :o

It's not about taking a bus, they have a monopoly and are milking it for all it's worth, let's hope they shit in there own nest and the government has the balls and puts a new airport in.

....and I guess you believe in Santa as well..... :o

I hope everytime you book you get the Y Class Ticket. And pay an extra 1000 baht.

Whilst Bangkok airways did well in building the airport which is what was responsible for samui's growth, that does not mean they should be able to hold us all to ransom, monopolies are never good for the consumer, although some of us are too nieve to realise that.

You can ask someone to book your ticket without being there in person. Just give them your SRC

and thats it.

What 'locals' did you talk to ? Local Thais or local Farrangs ?

Do you really believe somebody will blockade the airport ? :o

What good would that do ?

Prices rise every year wherever you look....if you don't like, shop somewhere else i.e. take the bus ! :D

You are missing the whole point Samui coconut.

Giving my card to someone don't work, the only way you get a cheap ticket is via the NET then you don't get the discount.So if you want to book your wife & she don't have a credit card you'r paying more.

If you book at the airport they apply the higher ....Y..... fare.

Secondly the locals are Thai's

If I don't like it shop somewhere else?Great mate .Bangkok Air is exploiting the place.

Edited by Rooo

I looked into Air Asia cause they touted rediculously low prices like 300 baht. I read into only to find out they charge "fuel surchage" and a few other things that make the price identical to bkk air.

Air Asia don't fly to Samui.

Best price Air Asia from Surat to BKK & return is Bht 2,886.86 ,which I fail to see how it can be identical to Bangkok air.Add the ferry price still a hel_l of a lot cheaper.

Edited by Rooo

Today I booked 2 tickets to Bangkok on the airport. Before I went there I looked at the internetrates first. When I had booked the internet tickets I would have to pay 15.400 baht for 2 tickets including the extra's like fuel surcharges. On the airport I paid 13.500 baht, using my residentcard. So, that is still cheaper than the internet.

Bangkok Airways ups Samui fare as costs rise

Bangkok Airways yesterday announced a fare rise for the route between Bangkok and Koh Samui, effective since October 31.

The increase was brought in with the consent of the Civil Aviation Department (CAD) of the Transport Ministry.

While operating costs continue to rise each year, the airline has not increased its fares since July 2001.

Costs this year have included hiring more staff, higher fuel prices and moving to Suvarnabhumi Airport.

However, the increased fare is the full fare (Y class) implemented only during the high season, which is the same scheme used in the hotel business for the season. Only passengers who purchase tickets on the day of travel without any prior reservations are entitled to the Y -class fare.

All other passengers can still purchase tickets for the M-class fare, which is incrementally increased by only Bt100 per seat.

The airline still offers promotional fares during the low season and a year-round "Early Bird" promotion for those travelling on the first and last flights to and from Koh Samui at Bt4,000 round trip.

Local Koh Samui residents and those operating a business on Koh Samui and hold a Samui resident card are entitled to a 35-per-cent airfare discount.

Apart from this, the airline has also declared Samui Airport open to all other airlines for operation, following rules and regulations issued by the CAD.

Thai Airways International has already been informed about this.

Bangkok Airways is currently collaborating with THAI on a code-share agreement for the Bangkok-Samui route from December 1.

-- The Nation 04/11/06