Axl Rose to join AC/DC on tour, replacing Brian Johnson

webfact

Axl Rose to join AC/DC on tour, replacing Brian Johnson

NEW YORK (AP) — Along with prepping a reunion tour with Guns N' Roses, Axl Rose is joining AC/DC on the road.

AC/DC announced Saturday that Rose will replace Brian Johnson on its Rock or Bust World Tour beginning May 7 in Lisbon. Rose will remain with the band through its European dates and 10 rescheduled U.S. shows.

Johnson is pulling out of the tour after being advised by doctors that further concerts could permanently impair his hearing. The band says it supports his decision to withdraw as much as it wants the tour to "end as it started."

Rose will return to Guns N' Roses for a summer tour. The band performed Saturday at the Coachella Music and Arts Festival, where it was joined by AC/DC's Angus Young.

aplogo.jpg
-- (c) Associated Press 2016-04-18

Bon Scott was the best

I agree. I never thought Brian Johnson had the vocal range to be a good replacement for Scott. The Back in Black album was already written when Scott died.

I also scoffed at Axel Rose replacing Johnson. He's a great vocalist but undependable. I saw this clip from the weekend of Whole Lotta Rosie with Rose on vocals hobbled with a foot cast. It changed my mind and I think Rose will do really well in this role.

Bon Scott was the best

Easy to say that, but of course we don't know how the future would have played out for AC/DC had Bon Scott not died. My own guess on this mater is that AC/DC would have matured into the sort of queer cabaret territory that Queen later pioneered - which may have been inevitable once Bon came out of the closet. Brian is a man's man and kept the focus on driving 3 chord rock, and for that I saute him.

Bon Scott was the best

I agree. I never thought Brian Johnson had the vocal range to be a good replacement for Scott. The Back in Black album was already written when Scott died.

I also scoffed at Axel Rose replacing Johnson. He's a great vocalist but undependable. I saw this clip from the weekend of Whole Lotta Rosie with Rose on vocals hobbled with a foot cast. It changed my mind and I think Rose will do really well in this role.

Yes i think Axel sounds good for the role as replacement Singer .. closer to Bons voice i think,, his voice seems to handle it better than Brian Johnson... he always sounded to me like his voice was failing .. not his hearing ...tongue.png

Sometimes you just have to know when to stop.

Would you stop if you were still making $Millions ... i dont think so .........

Fair enough, but I don't think it is on for the band to continue under the name AC/DC. It is like Keith Richards ditching Jagger and Ronnie Wood and touring under the Stones' banner.

I did!

Seriously, what's the point of being the richest man in the graveyard??

But, I guess the adulation and adoration is difficult to turn one's back on, so it's probably more the continued recognition by audiences that drives them.

Most of us don't know the addictiveness of the roar of a concert crowd, tens of thousands, wanting more. It would be intoxicating I imagine.

Musically, I predate AC/DC. I did, however, go to an audition for Guns and Roses - before they were famous, they put an ad out looking for a bassist. I made the mistake of showing up at the appointed time. The guy they picked showed up 90 minutes early, so by the time I got there, they were all smoking pot by the bucketfull and, they looked up at me, and said, "sorry, man. We already picked somebody." By that time, I had cut my hair, so that was perhaps another strike against me, because the guy who showed up early had hair down to his waist. I fancied myself as as good a bassist as anyone in the biz, but it was a long time ago, and we'll never know if I could have played riffs to make their drunk pot heads spin.

Fair enough, but I don't think it is on for the band to continue under the name AC/DC. It is like Keith Richards ditching Jagger and Ronnie Wood and touring under the Stones' banner.

With Jon Bon Jovi singing.

I think, it is not a good idea!

AC/DC will turn into their own coverband, just as Kiss has done already!

You made millions, you were good- it's time for an exit in style and with dignity!

I did!

Seriously, what's the point of being the richest man in the graveyard??

But, I guess the adulation and adoration is difficult to turn one's back on, so it's probably more the continued recognition by audiences that drives them.

Most of us don't know the addictiveness of the roar of a concert crowd, tens of thousands, wanting more. It would be intoxicating I imagine.

really ?? i think the addictiveness of making $millions with something you enjoy .. would be an absolute Dream .... that was my point giggle.gif ... yes and the other things you mention ... im sure Angus is very used to it by now.... just to say ..facepalm.gif

Edited by jeffreysearch

They are pretty old. What, 70ish. Give it up. Rock and roll is dead; it died in 1990, with Gun and Rose's... Everything is Rap, hip-hop, Pop, and bubblegum music. Having said this, however, why not try it one last time with Axl. His voice is strong like Bon Scott's. Even David Lee Roth's voice was also strong. Their voices did not get drowned out by the high volume of the music. Brain Jonson's voice wasn't strong enough, ever.

Bon Scott was the best

Saw them in Sydney last year, thankfully I did go, I almost wasnt going to bother.

I was always a Bon Scott preferer myself.

But Back in Black just pumps

Brian Johnson is like McDonalds, you know what you are getting, you get the same thing everytime.

Im pretty sure the band wouldnt have lasted for almost 40 more years had Scott not died and remained their frontman, at that level of success anyway

Axl was an idiot for ever letting go of most of the original lineup, GnR would be where AC/DC or the Stones are now if he had hung on to them and not drowned in his own ego

With Jon Bon Jovi singing.
Urgh.

Or Motörhead carrying on with Joey Tempest or Klaus Meine...

LOL, just watched that video, geesh, Axl isnt looking very healthy nowadays

Take me down to Paradise City, where the coffee is full cream and the cheeseburgers gritty

, Axl isnt looking very healthy nowadays

His voice is shot,

http://bigozine2.com/roio/?p=2846

Never mind,

I think you will find this video is a Mime .. many times Bands do it in a Live show .... just ask the audience to participate in the video .. he can do many `Takes ,,,in the studio until he is happy with his voice as well as mixing and effects to help... just listen to Johnson sing in a real concert... he sounds awfulbah.gif

Edited by jeffreysearch

Easy to say that, but of course we don't know how the future would have played out for AC/DC had Bon Scott not died. My own guess on this mater is that AC/DC would have matured into the sort of queer cabaret territory that Queen later pioneered - which may have been inevitable once Bon came out of the closet. Brian is a man's man and kept the focus on driving 3 chord rock, and for that I saute him.

NO way. Say it isn't so. Bon Scott, the man who choked on hiis own vomit was given to choking on male appendages? I never knew that.

They are pretty old. What, 70ish. Give it up. Rock and roll is dead; it died in 1990, with Gun and Rose's... Everything is Rap, hip-hop, Pop, and bubblegum music. Having said this, however, why not try it one last time with Axl. His voice is strong like Bon Scott's. Even David Lee Roth's voice was also strong. Their voices did not get drowned out by the high volume of the music. Brain Jonson's voice wasn't strong enough, ever.

Yeah you are pretty right. Interesting though how these old rock bands still pull in the audiences though, and plenty of youngsters.

How many of today's generation do you think will be lining up to see 50 cents, Lady Gaga, or Beyonce in 30 years time?

Music has indeed changed, but not for the better.

Yeah you are pretty right. Interesting though how these old rock bands still pull in the audiences though, and plenty of youngsters.

How many of today's generation do you think will be lining up to see 50 cents, Lady Gaga, or Beyonce in 30 years time?

I couldnt have said it better myself thumbsup.gif ACDC.. the 5th Richest Band in the world 2015.... and some folks have better advice for them.. Really whistling.gif

They're rich but god knows how they keep going banging out hard rock non stop year after year. Angus's brother, Malcolm can't remember the songs and the original drummer seems to have lost a hinge,I really enjoy their 70s stuff in short doses but night after night, full volume riff after riff. Doesn't it just get too much?

Not for the worse, either. Just different. You might not like anything recorded in the last 25 years, but plenty of people do.

One of your examples, Beyonce, had her first hit record 19 years ago, so she's not doing badly in the longevity stakes already.