Best restaurants in Chiang Mai

4. 2

Big bike forced off road by car on Bangkok highway - video

5. 112

Harris Voices Outrage in Interview with Howard Stern

6. 23

Thailand Live Friday 11 October 2024

7. 76

Why Are You Even Here? The Surprising Attitudes of Some Expats in Thailand

8. 0

Smell of trouble: Bangkok busts 7 Vietnamese for selling cannabis

9. 18

Real estate agent (and previous owner) omit to tell one little detail, liable for damages ?

10. 51

Harris Blows an Easy Interview, Trump Pounces: She is Just Joe Biden Redux

11. 49

You and your Thai Wife of 20 years.

12. 23

Spain Threatens Hard Border at Gibraltar Amid Post-Brexit Tensions Over 'Generous' Deal

Text messages may offer clues in fatal fall of Finnish tourist

webfact

Text messages may offer clues in fatal fall of Finnish tourist
Phuket Gazette

PHUKET: Police investigating the death of a 19-year-old Finnish woman, who fell from the rooftop of a Patong guesthouse last month, have so far ruled out foul play in her death. However, they are hoping that her final text messages will reveal clues about her state of mind that night.

Ida Maria Bexar fell from the rooftop of the Good Dreams Guesthouse onto the roof of a nearby building, after a night out with friends.
“Her body and belongings were sent home by the Finnish embassy,” said Capt Yingyong Chuoykij of the Patong Police.

“I have asked the embassy to translate the messages on her mobile phone, which might give us some clues about the situation.”

Police are also awaiting confirmation about the actual cause of death.

Full story: http://www.phuketgazette.net/phuket-news/Text-messages-may-offer-clues-fatal-fall/63711?desktopversion

pglogo.jpg
-- Phuket Gazette 2016-04-19

Well, it certainly sounds like the cause of death was a sudden stop. The question is did she

jump did she slip, or was she pushed. sad.png

Edited by Ulic

Every week it seems some foreigner is "falling" from some building in Thailand, mostly Bangkok or Pattaya. One would think the balcony railings must be 18" high with unsteady people tripping over them to their deaths! Maybe the Thai ghosts don't like farangs...

"after a night out with friends."

I see the cause of death and I would be very, very surprised if she had nothing to drink.

The World's Most Dangerous Drug takes another life...

Firstly, you are assuming she had been drinking, a reasonable assumption.

Then, although you have no concrete evidence of her alcohol consumption, you categorically state that alcohol killed her ! Bizarre.

No other assumptions, such as, prescribed medications she may have been on, her personal circumstances, her mental state.

Another of the 'I hate alcohol, because I could not handle it properly' brigade.