Electrical shop in Korat

mrjohn

Specifically I’m looking for a replacement bulb for an electric oven (amongst other things).

So what I’m looking for is a shop that sells parts for domestic appliances.

Does anyone know where I can find such a shop in Korat city?

There is a place in the Mall where i got a special bulb, on the second floor, but don't know the name...try going on Expat Korat/Nakhon Ratchasima facebook page, there are loads of guys on there that can tell you, they are happy to oblige as well...good luck.

Thanks for that. Yes, fridge bulbs are easy to find because everybody has a fridge.

Oven bulbs are more or less the same, except for reinforced glass to stand up to the higher temperatures.

And yes I will take it with me.

In my experience shops selling the same sort of things tend to be grouped together so any advice about locations of electrical shops in Korat city would be welcome.

I don’t use Facebook but just did a quick search for Expat Korat and can’t find anything.

Have you a link or something?

If you have no luck, IM me, I could arrange to send you a couple from England, bubble wrapped. Won't weigh much so postage shouldn't be that expensive.

They cost about £1 each here.

I don’t use Facebook but just did a quick search for Expat Korat and can’t find anything.

Have you a link or something?

If you have no luck, IM me, I could arrange to send you a couple from England, bubble wrapped. Won't weigh much so postage shouldn't be that expensive.

They cost about £1 each here.

Thanks for that very kind offer.

I am off to Korat today so I will let you know how I get on.

Your faith in Amorn is quite touching.

Not surprisingly, it was already on my list.

I wandered in with the old bulb showed, it to a shop assistant and was met with;

Mai mee, mai ruu, mai koey hen.

Looks like an import is the only solution.

mrjohn, on 22 Apr 2016 - 08:11, said:mrjohn, on 22 Apr 2016 - 08:11, said:mrjohn, on 22 Apr 2016 - 08:11, said:mrjohn, on 22 Apr 2016 - 08:11, said:

Your faith in Amorn is quite touching.

Not surprisingly, it was already on my list.

I wandered in with the old bulb showed, it to a shop assistant and was met with;

Mai mee, mai ruu, mai koey hen.

Looks like an import is the only solution.

No it isn't, an 'appliance' bulb will fit either an oven or fridge. They're the same. Just go to any electrical wiring/lighting shop and they should have one as I told you before.whistling.gif

Appliance bulbs are simply the standard size for most appliances. Glass has a ridiculously high melting point and the tungsten filament burns hot. An oven designed for residential use, even with the self-cleaning setting, is not going to come anywhere close to the design threshold of the light.

The only time you could possibly approach this temperature would be in a kiln or blast furnace and at that point, lighting is the least of your worries.

The thick glass cover has nothing to do with protecting the light bulb from heat, it simply protects the the appliance light bulb from impact and food spatter. It is possible that if food spatter landed directly on the glass of a hot, bare bulb, the temperature differential could possibly, maybe cause the bulb to shatter.

Don’t stress, your appliance bulb is just fine to use in your oven.

Edited by sinbin