New compact sleepbox service ‘Boxtel’ opens at Suvarnabhumi Airport

webfact

New compact sleepbox service ‘Boxtel’ opens at Suvarnabhumi Airport
By Coconuts Bangkok

sleepbox.jpg
Photo: Boxtel

BANGKOK: -- For those who dread missing flights or sleeping in front of the public in an airport, the hourly sleepbox service “Boxtel” was launched recently at Suvarnabhumi Airport.

Located in the basement near the Airport Rail Link, Boxtel offers 12 private sound-proof rooms, 4 sq. m in size. Each room comes with air-conditioning, a small foldable table, free WiFi, and a button to call reception in case of an emergency.

The bathroom, however, is shared with other travelers in the airport, and, sadly, you can’t shower.

Full story: http://bangkok.coconuts.co/2016/04/19/new-compact-sleepbox-service-boxtel-opens-suvarnabhumi-airport

cocon.jpg
-- Coconuts Bangkok 2016-04-19

The airport authorities shamelessly to allow operators to gouge travelers pockets by charging exuberant fees

for a basic cubicles with no amenities to speak of, not only they allow rip off in food, beverages and duty free

prices, now they continue with the sleeping arrangements.....

In this day and age?? Shared bathroom between 12 rooms? cheesy.gif

then you would be better of to get a hotel close by airport...

A few years ago i had a stopover in New Delhi India (8 hours) Their airport had a similar concept BUT all rooms had Bathrooms with toilet and shower.....

coffee1.gif

Far better to get a hotel near the airport for half the price and a real bathroom thumbsup.gif

Prices are THB1,160, THB1,720, and THB2280 respectively.

2280 Baht and no chance to shower????

What a complete joke!

I've stayed overnight in a similar room at Changi, made worse by being airside near a departure gate that was in operation all night, lots of tarmac noise. I was able to rest, but not sleep, put it that way. And yes, it was a walk to the bathroom, which during daylight hours doubled as as a facility for the gym. Next time I swore I'd take a room with an ensuite, but in truth I haven't been back.

I can't remember the cost, maybe THB1500-2000 or so, but relative to Singapore hotels it was a bargain, and staying in the airport was a better option than going through Immigration and customs late at night and coming back again the following morning.

As already been said by others, this new product looks super-expensive compared to what's available around BKK.

they should emulare incheon airport if they want to be world class. even taipei airport hotel offers a comfortable normal room for labout 1500 baht equiv

incheon has free showers, free luxury recliners lounge and logical english speaking people available. narita airport 30 minutes in nice shower room about 150 baht

Edited by atyclb

they should emulare incheon airport if they want to be world class. even taipei airport hotel offers a comfortable normal room for labout 1500 baht equiv

incheon has free showers, free luxury recliners lounge and logical english speaking people available. narita airport 30 minutes in nice shower room about 150 baht

Incheon also has free tours ranging from a couple of hours to all day. Not crowded with English speaking guides. Free!

Don't like it . . .

Don' use it smile.png

Best way to deter these ridiculous ideas in the future is to simply not use them at all

Talk about a white effelant

What is a white effelant, sorry for my lack of education.
its like a pink one only a different colour

Don't like it . . .

Don' use it smile.png

Best way to deter these ridiculous ideas in the future is to simply not use them at all

It's a mis-spelling of Heffalump. Even Winnie the Pooh would know that. Piglet said so.

Edited by andrew55

nThey have a capsule hotel on the lowest level at KLIA2 as well. I spent 12 hours there to catch an early mornng flight for about half the quoted Thai price. Shared shower/toilet areas but plenty of them and also could have a double cubicle. Good value and saves a very long trip into KL

• 2 weeks later...

Don't like it . . .

Don' use it smile.png

its like a pink one only a different colour

• 2 months later...

I stayed in one in Japan, smaller than that, about 900bht for 5 hours (approx). Clean toilets & shower complimentary down the hall

along with hepl yourself tea, coffee & a water cooler.

They just don't get it here do they ?

. Oh they get it, with all the other scams

Don't like it . . .

Don' use it smile.png

you ever hear of a White Elephant Sale, stuff that's not used anymore

Don't like it . . .

Don' use it smile.png

you ever hear of a White Elephant Sale, stuff that's not used anymore

"A white elephant is a possession which its owner cannot dispose of and whose cost, particularly that of maintenance, is out of proportion to its usefulness. The term derives from the story that the kings of Siam, now Thailand, were accustomed to make a present of one of these animals to courtiers who had rendered themselves obnoxious, in order to ruin the recipient by the cost of its maintenance. In modern usage, it is an object, scheme, business venture, facility, etc., considered without use or value."

source: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/White_elephant