Governors ordered to monitor political movements prior to referendum

webfact

Governors ordered to monitor political movements prior to referendum

BANGKOK, 20 April 2016 (NNT) – Provincial governors have been ordered to monitor movements from political groups prior to the scheduled public referendum of the new constitution draft, says Interior Minister.

Minister of Interior Gen Anupong Paojinda has stated regarding movements from political groups, presently before the public referendum of the draft constitution takes place, that no irregular movements were found.

He said the Constitution Drafting Commission will be responsible for informing the public on the contents of the new constitution, while the Election Committee is responsible for organizing the public referendum, and the NCPO will be tasked with ensure orderliness.

All related officials will influence the public to vote for or against the new constitution, although all provincial governors have been assigned to monitor political movements in their responsible areas, the Interior Minister has said.

The Minister of Interior has also addressed the report on some groups of people claiming to be officials from the NCPO to reap benefits, that there is currently no confirmation this matter, but this kind of action shall be prosecuted if found to be true. The general public should make complaints to the Damrongtham Center in their area if they are affected with this kind of fraudulent action, as the NCPO would never use its power for personal benefits.

nntlogo.jpg
-- NNT 2016-04-20 footer_n.gif

All related officials will influence the public to vote for or against the new constitution

I thought the NCPO didn't allow this:

Recently Mr. Wissanu stated that "the critical review of the draft charter should be left to the people to do so on their own, without any influence from related groups."

All related officials will influence the public to vote for or against the new constitution

Recently Mr. Wissanu stated that "the critical review of the draft charter should be left to the people to do so on their own, without any influence from related groups."

Well yes. Not political groups. "Related officials" have no political colour of course, their job is to simply assist the people on how they should complete the form, i.e. where to tick yes or no. Edited by lkv

one thing you can say about the Nazis, they had really stylish uniforms.

maybe the Thais could get a tropical weather version of a SS or Gestapo uniform.

then we would know who is who.

Well I believe Hugo Boss, who if we are to believe the Indian Gentlemen on the pavements of lower Sukhumvit, has extensive business interests in Thailand, started out making natty black outfits with silver trim for the SS!

Well yes. Not political groups. "Related officials" have no political colour of course, their job is to simply assist the people on how they should complete the form, i.e. where to tick yes or no.

Elected by Thai voters, Thai governors are endorsed and promoted by political parties. For example, Governor of Bangkok Sukhumbhand Paripatra was elected under the political banner of the Democrat Party (colored yellow).