Phuket beach clearing: ‘Next we take Laypang, Layan’

webfact

Phuket beach clearing: ‘Next we take Laypang, Layan’
Tanyaluk Sakoot

1461154852_1-org.jpg
A backhoe demolishes one of the buildings at Surin Beach this morning (Apr 20). Photo: Tanyaluk Sakoot

PHUKET: -- Leypang and Layan beaches on Phuket’s west coast are next on the officials’ list for clearing following the demolition of beachfront buildings at Surin Apr 20.

“Surin Beach is only a part of the whole beach project,” Phuket Vice Governor Chokdee Amornwat told The Phuket News today.

“Next will be demolitions at Leypang and Layan beaches on April 27,” he said.

“The Phuket Governor and I well know what exactly happened here. We just wanted to get it done. After the demolition is finished, work will begin on the photography museum to honour HM The King and Queen,” he added.

V/Gov Chokdee said it was important foreigners to understand what was happening at Surin Beach.

“We are not destroying Phuket. We are doing the right things as decided must be done in 2014,” he said.

Full story: http://www.thephuketnews.com/phuket-beach-clearing-next-we-take-laypang-layan-57108.php

tpn.jpg
-- Phuket News 2016-04-21

I am wondering why they have not come to Koh Samui. It is just as bad if not worse as for encroachment on the Beach and many other places around the Island

There is a long queue of areas waiting for "peace and happiness" to get to them. Samui will have to wait its turn. biggrin.png

I am wondering why they have not come to Koh Samui. It is just as bad if not worse as for encroachment on the Beach and many other places around the Island

It seems that they have only chosen Phuket. I don't know why but particularly the beaches that are generally frequented by Thais, such as Hua Hin, Cha Am and Bang Saen, continue with their banks of umbrellas, restaurants on the beach and masses of vendors selling food and assorted rubbish.

Won't happen me think...

When you see the turnaround and the statements of the PM in Kho Tao case, which is a very small part of Samui area....

Seems like the boss of the boss is from around there....

What is it with siting museums on beaches here??? First the Godawful now defunct idea of a bloody 'Hollywood' museum of all things and now a Photography one, Who goes to the beach for museums, I ask you blink.png Meanwhile, in Phuket Town there's sod all.

How about the museum of rampant corruption.

hang on

It seems that they have only chosen Phuket. I don't know why but particularly the beaches that are generally frequented by Thais, such as Hua Hin, Cha Am and Bang Saen, continue with their banks of umbrellas, restaurants on the beach and masses of vendors selling food and assorted rubbish.

Most thais actually like having those things there. They just wish they were regulated better.

If restaurants were offered to good people, good cooks and hard working people it would be all good, the problem is in places like phuket, all the beach business are owned by thugs. So you get eyesores, terrible food and bad people hanging around.

I remember koh samet having tons of beach front stuff, and it was great there.

Edited by bearpolar