Help for a weekend warrior.

Guys since I only have 2 days a week when I have time to go to my farm house, could you recommend some fruit trees that do not need much attention and watering. Obviously coconut trees are the easiest, what else?

Thanks a lot

Problem you have is just about anything newly planted need a little TLC in the early stages, watering being to most critical... perhaps plant at the beginning of the rainy season, then roots / plants have time to establish a little.

No neighbour to help with watering?

No neighbors sad.png

Oh dear! Perhaps the first suggestion, at the beginning of rainy season, not knowing where you are hard to tell when that should be (especially with droughts in many parts of Thailand. ) Certainly planting at cooler times of the year to may help....

I am finding that plants I recently planted and are watered twice a day, are not all looking very happy sad.png But then some plants are more likely to survive a bit of drying out than others...

Perhaps a battery operated timer... if you can find in Thailand....

Are you 2 days back to back or spread out? If spread out, what is the longest you would be away from your farm? Many fruit trees (Mangoes, jackfruit, bananas, papaya, ect...) will do well being watered twice a week after they are established. Another equally important factor is that the fruit grow well in your local. I would wait til Mid July, plant properly, soak thoroughly (at least 20 liters) when you plant and 2 times a week unless you get a good rain. By the end of you rainy season they should be fine with weekly or bi-weekly water.

Archived