Battery for calculator

Farang99

My rather superior scientific calculator runs on two LR43 batteries, which have finally died. I thought it would be easy to get replacements, but no such luck. I have tried everywhere I can think of in Phuket and on line, without success, except for a couple of Chinese websites selling made in China equivalents, which i tend not to trust.

Any suggestions?

Have you tried the watch repair guy located by the stairs in the car park (the cinema end) in Central? He always managed to find the various batteries I've asked for and if he hasn't got them he maybe able direct you to somewhere that has them.

LR43 is also called 186 and RW84

LR44 is just slightly thicker so might fit - or leave cover loose and tape.

There is nothing wrong with Chinese made batteries obtained from Ebay.

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_odkw=battery+lw43&_osacat=0&_from=R40&_trksid=p2045573.m570.l1313.TR0.TRC0.H0.Xbattery+lr43.TRS0&_nkw=battery+lr43&_sacat=0

Others were quicker.

If you have not visited AMORN or a reputable watch (repair) shop you have not seen it all.

Multiple shops will ship them from within Thailand.

But requires Thai knowledge to use and shipping almost same as price.

Pack of 10 for 60 to 100 Baht.

:

Edited by KhunBENQ

About half that price direct free shipment from China using Ebay. But will take several weeks normally.

My rather superior scientific calculator

Have not had such for many decades and do not have a use for it but suspect these days there is an phone app that can do?

Less than 60 Baht for 10 batteries?

Have not had such for many decades and do not have a use for it but suspect these days there is an phone app that can do?

Absolutely biggrin.png

post-99794-0-11151300-1461392772_thumb.j

"RealCalc" for Android on my phone.

Just one of many I guess.

Edited by KhunBENQ

Less than 60 Baht for 10 batteries?

Absolutely biggrin.png

attachicon.gifScreenshot_2016-04-23-13-14-57.jpg

"RealCalc" for Android on my phone.

Just one of many I guess.

Yep. That's one of the rare apps that I actually bought. Use it nearly daily. I do have a scientific calculator and the batteries died a long time ago. My wife was needing one, wants the larger keys and display, so found batteries for it at Homepro.

Others were quicker.

If you have not visited AMORN or a reputable watch (repair) shop you have not seen it all.

Multiple shops will ship them from within Thailand.

But requires Thai knowledge to use and shipping almost same as price.

Pack of 10 for 60 to 100 Baht.

:

Tried Amorn, several of the better watch shops and a couple of office supply places. NOBODY has it!

just went on ebay, LR43 Maxell batteries from Spain, 10 of 100 baht(free delivery), Maxell are great batteries , have been using them for years,

Edited by seajae

More 6x's the price of name brand and more than 10x's the price of ordering offbrand direct on Ebay. This is not sold by Lazada - it is a 3rd party shipping from outside Thailand with prepayment required. Lazada is normally good for local COD type purchase but I would not use for small mail items from China as price of everything I have checked is much higher that using Ebay.