Company set up and WP's in Thailand

My friend based in Australasia has a business based in other cities in Asia. What they do in HK (for example) is have employees from IT/TELCO and Oil/Gas companies that are based outside Thailand on their payroll. They pay their wages/tax/get them work permits/visas/and keep them legal in HK although strictly speaking they are not working for the company that pays them. Basically the contractor has outsourced the payroll responsibility etc so their employees are paid. He now wants to bring this business to Thailand too. My question is would it be allowed here? Can these contractor staff be got work permits and it be affordable? He thinks he will have 20+ of these contractor staff at least and the cost of employing 4 Thai staff per foreigner will make things expensive and problematic.

Any thoughts?

Your friend want do business here but he don't have access to the Internet?

Anyway I have a friend who might have some information, and he say check BOI

But ain't easy for my friend to help your friend when none of them are using this forum

• Like 1

Do the guys live in HK? I dont understand does your guy want to start a company doing payroll services for contractors? If so and the guys wont be living in Thailand then no WP needed.

OR

Is he is just setting up a company to make it legal for guys to stay in Thailand for a fee? If he wants to setup a company for guys to pay a fee to be able to stay in Thailand he will need to follow the rules for the WP.

As for the suggestion of BOI I dont think he will be able to get BOI for that type of business. BOI is looking for investments that will help Thailand (employ workers, provide R&D, Value add projects etc).

We got BOI, but it didn't really help with getting Work permits just was a little quicker, however we still had to meet all the requirements to get a WP issued (ie 4 employee for each WP along with 2 million registered capital for each WP) We received BOI because we were providing 100+ jobs and we were in one of the special economic zones, but it was not easy allot of hoops to jump through.