Need Advice And Directions Please.

Hi everyone.

I am very happy to sign up and be a part of this forum and hope i can get some help.

I have a female friend in bangkok i wish to come to Australia on a holidays for a month or even up to 3 depending on her work commitments in bangkok,i have never been out of Australia and my female friend has never been out of Thailand so we are very new to visa etc,i have done some reading its a bit confusing so im going to need some help and will ask some questions hoping i can understand what to do.

First of all about me I am Aussie I work full time and own my house and will be looking after her financially while she is here in Australia.

About my friend she works full time 7 days a week for company in Bangkok.

She has strong ties to Thailand and will be returning, this holiday is just to get to know each other personally and see if their could be a future between us at a later stage.

First step, I know she has to have a pre-assessment application form for visa,can some one please explain to me what some of the questions that will be ask or an example sheet please.

Where can she get these pre-assessment application in Bangkok and how much would it cost ?

and is their any questions that you may want to be careful on what your answer is?

What basis would an assessment be denied?.

VISA

Where in Bangkok would you go to a get a visa and how much does it cost?

I see tourist visa are for three months,would she have better chance of entering Australia for 1 month rather then 3?.

Would it be better to get a return ticket when buying her flight to Australia or not?

Any other info I haven't thought of would be much appreciated.

Thanks Geoff.

OP: Below is the link to the tourist visa document checklist / requirements.

https://www.border.gov.au/Trav/Visa-1/600-/Visitor-visa-%28subclass-600%29-Tourist-Stream-document-checklist

Tourist visa online application for Thais at:

https://www.border.gov.au/Trav/Visa-1/600-/Visitor-e600-visa-online-applications

Tourist visa fee:

https://www.border.gov.au/Trav/Visa/Fees

Alternative can physically apply for tourist visa by going to VFS Bangkok, best to make appointment.

http://www.vfsglobal.com/Australia/Thailand//

Only purchase return flight after visa has been granted.

Edited by simple1
  • Like 2

I'm no Aussie so I don't know about their specific visa rules, but in general the applicant (your friend) will be asked about the purpose of the journey, if the journey is affordable and if there are sufficient ties to the country of origin (no risk of settlement, overstay, illegal employement). Just be truthfull and if the intentions are genuine and there are a few pieces of evidence to back it up, the applicant should have nothing to worry about. Questions would ofcourse depend on her situation, they may inquire about when or how you met, what her intentions are for the trip or general future with you, if the plans to work while in Oz (make her clear she can't) and perhaps something about her background to confirm her ties to Thailand. If you and her read the official instructions well and get the holiday/meeting planned properly everything should be just fine. Proper preparation takes you halfway there already!

Obviously if they suspect the trip cannot be afforded, that for the trip her intentions are questionable (going to work, not actually meeting you, staying there, any other form of misinformation) or that she is a risk in any other way (say not returning back home) they will ofcourse deny the visa. They would do so based on the paperwork she provided and her comments on any questions she may get.

Thank you both for your help,much appreciated.

Our intensions are as I posted,matter of fact its I who wants her to come here as I cant travel due to been on dialysis other wise I would go over to Bangkok to see her,until I get a new kidney my options of travel is limited.

Thanks again for your help will look into your links and start the process.

Hi

Which is the correct address to physically go to get a visa at, VFS,Google says

VFS-JOINT VISA APPLICATION CENTRE

Address: 8th , Amarin Plaza , 496-502 Ploenchit Road , Lumpini , Pathuhwan , 10330 Bangkok, 10330, Thailand.

vfsglobal website says, Australia Visa Application Centre
The Trendy Office Building, 28th Floor
Sukhumvit Soi 13, Klongtoey-NuaWattana, Bangkok 10110

Thanks Geoff