Doggie hero farang wows Thais online

webfact

He was born in Scotland but grew up in Sweden. Is a restaurant owner in Thailand.

I wonder if any of his strays end up on the menu?

Wow, that is so not funny. Only people who drink heavily before noon would say something so uncouth.

So many Filipinos, Vietnamese, Koreans, etc., would consider your comment uncouth.

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm very glad I don't live anywhere near this bloke and his eighty disease ridden, mangy curs. The stray dog problem is bad enough in this Country without individuals such as this feeding the bloody things. 50K a month, I'll bet there's many a Thai orphanage that could do with that sort of money rather than this bloke wasting money on these creatures.

OK I know I'll get slack from bleeding heart dog lovers for this, but I hate the damn things.

Humans are the reason that there are so many strays on the street and that there are ophanages.

Do you see the light?

I am taking care myself of 22 dogs and 53 cats in my home and some on the streets because humans f... u.. Most people in our district appreciate that and some of them ocassionally help out with some bags of dog or cat food.

All the ones on our premises are neutered of course and most likely part of those 50 K by that fellow went also into this procedure. Maybe also a solution for human caused problems.Therefore, do not spend 50K a month for a Thai orphanage because this is not the solution but rather get irresponsible people sterilized for that money. As easy it is. wai2.gif

Edited by Richard Hall

I'm very glad I don't live anywhere near this bloke and his eighty disease ridden, mangy curs. The stray dog problem is bad enough in this Country without individuals such as this feeding the bloody things. 50K a month, I'll bet there's many a Thai orphanage that could do with that sort of money rather than this bloke wasting money on these creatures.

OK I know I'll get slack from bleeding heart dog lovers for this, but I hate the damn things.

There may be an orphanage, but I can assure you that if 50,000 was given, a large part of it would not benefit the "orphans".

I respect the gentleman for having compassion. You don't know anything about these animals do you, but you label them mangy and disease ridden. Perhaps if the most vocal of critics contributed some of the money they spent on alcohol, tobacco and sex with whores, to spaying, neutering and public education programs there would be fewer stray animals and orphans.

"OK I know I'll get slack from bleeding heart dog lovers for this, but I hate the damn things."

You won't get much slack from anyone with that kind of attitude. He's chosen to help dogs, others choose to help people. If he can afford it, good for him.

It's not taxpayers money and unfortunately in this country, the governments have failed miserably in controlling the stray dog population. Too many Thais see and buy a cute puppy at the market, pet shop etc and when it matures, they discard it.

The problem is that while he may feel sorry for the dogs and be compassionate, he is causing more problems for others. These dogs will breed, increase in number, spread disease and cause a nuisance -potential leading to serious injury to themselves and Joe public. Not to mention that some of them grow up quite vicious. The bitches need neutering and then the population of stray dogs will decrease. Any dogs that are not in reasonable health should be euthanized (but that will never happen in Thailand). Money spent on treating these strays would be better spent elsewhere.

Temples need to stop acting as dumping grounds for unwanted animals and people made to take responsibility for their pets.

It is not the dogs' fault, but they need to be brought under control.

In case tall the blind people here can't see that this guy keeps them clean,

well fed and diseases/parasites free.

His money , his love, his mission.

What's yours?

The dogs sure look healthy, and obviously like the guy a lot. But how do they control rabies here, as I've read that it's all over Thailand? Would these dogs have been immunised?

There may be an orphanage, but I can assure you that if 50,000 was given, a large part of it would not benefit the "orphans".

I respect the gentleman for having compassion. You don't know anything about these animals do you, but you label them mangy and disease ridden. Perhaps if the most vocal of critics contributed some of the money they spent on alcohol, tobacco and sex with whores, to spaying, neutering and public education programs there would be fewer stray animals and orphans.

Why should I spend my money on a problem caused by others' selfishness? I work hard for my money and spend it how I see fit. Get off your soapbox.

Sorry he is not doing this country a favor by helping more soi dogs to live and breed. Instead he could have used 50k per month to support poor families , children in need etc. I am a dog lover myself and I don't want to see them suffer but there are ways to just make them sleep without pain.

Edited by balo

Here we go again, every time the topic of soi dogs come up.

Some people love dogs, some people hate them. Evolution has designed it that way. What's the point in one side complaining about the other?

I hate dogs in general (been attacked or threatened or kept awake at night by them too often), but I can see that soi dogs have a certain amount of charm and are part of what makes Thailand Thailand. See how objective I am?

Sorry he is not doing this country a favor by helping more soi dogs to live and breed. Instead he could have used 50k per month to support poor families , children in need etc. I am a dog lover myself and I don't want to see them suffer but there are ways to just make them sleep without pain.

...but there are ways to just make them sleep without pain.

Please share your valueable knowledge with us.

It's all the filthy disease ridden stray cats I hate. We don't have a dog problem but definately a smelly cat problem.

Each to his own I guess. I feed all the stray cats that turn up at my door. At least, unlike dogs, they are clean and discreet in their toilet habits.

...but there are ways to just make them sleep without pain.

Please share your valueable knowledge with us.

I would contact a vet so they can give the dogs that suffer with injuries a painless injection. In other countries dogs will be put to sleep if they have severe injuries, here they just stay alive until they die, often in great pain. Edited by balo

Do any of the dogs in the picture look like " disease ridden, mangy curs"? Your comment has no place in this post about a true dog lover, doing something to redress the way dogs are treated by certain people in this country. Money spent on alcohol and whores could also be better spent on charities but you don't mind that? Maybe because that's where your money goes.

Up to this guy how he spends his money of course but it's kind of ironic that I don't hear any apologists shouting he is only a guest here and shouldn't be meddling in Thai affairs, lol.

It is indeed the responsibility of the Thais to solve their bloody dog problem but usually it's a farang initiative as far as I have seen; CM, Kao San and Phangan, all doing a great job btw.

Thais usually just feed the stray dogs but never get to the point to fix them and sort their health out so the dog problem just continues.

I like controlled dogs that don't bark all day. The ones that cause trouble, noise, pollution and disease are not in my good books these days. People are allowed to own dogs but only if they get them fixed, take care of their health, control them and feed them. Once they let them run loose in the soi barking all night the dog truck can take them away and sell them to Laos or Vietnam. Problem solved.

Gotta chuckle at the predictable snide remarks from the usual TV bitter WOF brigade. Patently obvious that they are jealous of the guy because he is getting some kudos amongst Thais for his work and jealous of the guy because he has the gumption to actually do something rather than sit on his arse complaining all day smile.png However the saddest thing about the WOFs is that they're actually jealous of the dogs too........these dogs are now 'happy' which is something the WOFs are not and in their bitterness they can't abide this.....what a pitiful bunch they are smile.png

Edited by somchai jones

The bigger question here is why would he take care of animals before humans...

Of course, because people can only care about one thing at a time. Life is utterly binary. Great 'bigger question', GolfHack! Glad to welcome another intellectual to the board.

Obviously the two of you no doubt live holy lives, living in meagre homes with all but a few essential possessions, giving all your spare to the orphans, but please spare a thought for us normal folk who aren't as virtuous and perfect as you, and who don't dedicate our time to wandering shopping malls, screeching at people for spending their money on anything but 'the children!!!'.

Has he thought at all about desexing these creatures, and putting a permanent end to the generations of suffering????? Most of these dogs are disgusting and do NOT make Thailand attractive to tourists, they are everywhere, and then there is the food and faeces everywhere, WHY??? For the animals sake, please desex them, and make it possible for them to be feed and looked after.....

Most sextourists are also disgusting and do NOT make Thailand attractive to tourists, they are everywhere. Please desex them too whistling.gifthumbsup.gif

Hahaha, too true. I would rather deal with a street dog then the disgusting people who use these young women (and boys) for sex,, the dogs know no better.

The bigger question here is why would he take care of animals before humans...

What? Who says he does? The only thing you know about this guy is he takes care of these dogs after the mess has been caused by people, not the dogs themselves.

I guess from your stupid comment this is probably a troll post.

Yeah , and me , I hate farang djai dam same you . May be it could have been you , who killed my 10 year old dog Floyd cowardly with rat poison ?

Was going to write a similar post. Well said.

"Oh dogs are so cute and nice, never mind the orphanage kids or the poor kids literally on the streets begging in Bkk"

If this guy is neutering the dogs, I totally exalt him. He's done more for this country than most of us could ever think of.

If he is not neutering the dogs, he still has a good heart but is just spreading the problem by keeping these dogs healthy and in great condition to multiply.

Not happy unless you're whining are you. If he was giving to an orphanage (for all we know, he might be anyway) you would whine that he was only helping one orphanage while others don't get his help and all the while giving nothing back to society yourself.

For those with a charitable heart here, don't overlook Gerry "Koto" Rasmus, who has been looking after the soi dogs and cleaning the beaches and waterways at Jomtien for the past 14 years or so. His Facebook page is at https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100009647251673&fref=ts, and he relies solely on donations having long ago exhausted his own funds.

Gerry's about 77yo now, and still out every day sweeping the beaches, feeding the dogs and paying for their de-sexing, and generally looking after the many unfortunate hounds and other souls he meets down there. Gerry would give his last baht to anyone down on their luck - the man's golden.

There's a Rod McNeil-produced video about him on YouTube here:

Edited by Buffy Frobisher

Was going to write a similar post. Well said.

"Oh dogs are so cute and nice, never mind the orphanage kids or the poor kids literally on the streets begging in Bkk"

I feel empathy/sorry for all creatures in need. Animals, people, no matter what race or religion. So, i help the needy in my "backyard" and others do the same in their "backyard" (ie. locally). Together we make the world a better place for a nanosecond. I deleted the video i posted earlier. I replace it below with a pic of the same dying dog (3 out of 8 died like this, 2 within 1-2 days after i found them, 3rd one with my "assistance"). The other 5 also in not too good shape are alive and happy and well-fed and live in a fantastic setting (not surrounded by people but nature). For a nanosecond I feel good about that everyday when i see these lovely creatures. Look at the beauty on the rock ;-)

post-207756-0-23305000-1461739010_thumb.

post-207756-0-62031100-1461739726_thumb.

Edited by Mook23

Why is there a problem? Too many homeless dogs.

What's he doing? Making sure there will be even more homeless dogs in the future.

If he really cares about the dogs, the first thing he should do is to spay or neuter them. If not, once he stops, or dies, or moves away there's going to be two or three times more homeless dogs then when he started.

Wouldn't it be nice if people had the same amount of compassion for people that they have for animals? I like animals and wouldn't hurt them but I think many people in this world, not just Thailand, have got their priorities all wrong

Dogs...I would pay to have the vocal bark cords cut!...castrate the males whom are in residency of Thai's...spade the females..less dogs better...the garbage stations "blue barrels" overflow and dogs spread the mess. Howling at night in a wave goes on and on...repeating this nightly. I like golden labs..guide dogs and rescue dogs... I dislike the dogs whom show no practical value..oh so sweet this little yappy tea cup dog whom can not exist by its own...a dog meal for another Hungary dog!

Dogs are man's best friend...hum..yes... dog poo on shoes...pee stains on motor bike tires...and flees breeding grounds.

post-27018-0-77654400-1461744065_thumb.j

Edited by metisdead
Font