Christmas Dinner

ThaiPauly

Although it is early November I have many peple coming from BK to CM for Christmas.

We need to book somewhere, probably early, as the best places might get booked up soon.

Last year I had dinner at O'Mally's.It would not have been my preffered choice ,but my Freind booked it and it was a case of go or don't.

I must say I was pleasently surprised , food was good and the service was swift. :D

However this year I would like a change. 2 years ago we went to Le Coque D'or. :o

Good food but outrageous prices, plus we got stitched up on the wine list ...we had been to do a reccy and looked at the Wine List which was priced pretty reasonably, with a 500 baht corkage charge if you wanted to bring your own. We thought that a max of 1,200 baht would be acceptable to us all..but when we arrived on Xmas day the minimum charge on the menu was 3,000 baht a bottle, so our bill was enourmous..won't be returning that was unfair.

So good people..any recomendations?

The House is one place I have thought of so far, but any other suggestions, even hotels would be most welcome :D

Cheers

TP

Although it is early November I have many peple coming from BK to CM for Christmas.

We need to book somewhere, probably early, as the best places might get booked up soon.

Last year I had dinner at O'Mally's.It would not have been my preffered choice ,but my Freind booked it and it was a case of go or don't.

I must say I was pleasently surprised , food was good and the service was swift. :D

However this year I would like a change. 2 years ago we went to Le Coque D'or. :o

Good food but outrageous prices, plus we got stitched up on the wine list ...we had been to do a reccy and looked at the Wine List which was priced pretty reasonably, with a 500 baht corkage charge if you wanted to bring your own. We thought that a max of 1,200 baht would be acceptable to us all..but when we arrived on Xmas day the minimum charge on the menu was 3,000 baht a bottle, so our bill was enourmous..won't be returning that was unfair.

So good people..any recomendations?

The House is one place I have thought of so far, but any other suggestions, even hotels would be most welcome :D

Cheers

TP

Are you looking for a traditional christmas meal, or just a nice meal?

I'm heading to the Sheraton soon to check out their menu...

I tried the one at The Pub a few years ago and thought it was just so-so.

Edited by The Dan Sai Kid

I have been going to the Westin/Sheraton for many, many years and I've always enjoyed it, but after all I heard about last Christmas, I'm switching to the Duke's this year. :o

Is The Duke putting on a "Full Xmas dinner" then UG?

Do you know if he has released the menu yet..the cost is not a priority, getting juicy Turkey or roast beef is the main criteria :D

I have been going to the Westin/Sheraton for many, many years and I've always enjoyed it, but after all I heard about last Christmas, I'm switching to the Duke's this year. :o

Do you know if he has released the menu yet..the cost is not a priority, getting juicy Turkey or roast beef is the main criteria :D

Yes, a full dinner with ALL the extras and I would guess that he will have imported prime rib as well as roast turkey and perhaps another type of meat, but he hasn't made up the menu yet.

Some friends of mine who aren't really foodies went last year and were not only raving about the main dishes but the unusual, innovative salads, vegetables and starters. I know that it wasn't too expensive or they would have moaned about it.

I'm looking forward to it! :D

The Duke's is doing something for American Thanksgiving as well, but I don't expect it to be as lavish as Christmas.

Edited by Ulysses G.

Yes, a full dinner with ALL the extras and I would guess that he will have imported prime rib as well as roast turkey and perhaps another type of meat, but he hasn't made up the menu yet.

Some friends of mine who aren't really foodies went last year and were not only raving about the main dishes but the unusual, innovative salads, vegetables and starters. I know that it wasn't too expensive or they would have moaned about it.

I'm looking forward to it! :D

The Duke's is doing something for American Thanksgiving as well, but I don't expect it to be as lavish as Christmas.

Could well see you there then G :D

If you get to hear when the menu is out ..can you please let me know, also when he is starting to take reservations

Cheers

TP

How much is the Sheraton's meal? I like the sound of The Duke's as well, it's just that The Duke's is pretty small and a table might be as scarce as hen's teeth!

How much is the Sheraton's meal? I like the sound of The Duke's as well, it's just that The Duke's is pretty small and a table might be as scarce as hen's teeth!

I am sure the Duke will only be taking bookings, therefore if you have a party of 8 booked for either 12pm or 3pm (sounds like a good interval for Xmas Dinner) then you shall have a table for 8 reserved for you,

If I wereThe Duke I would expect a small deposit to book a table, otherwise the "no shows" would dissapoint others.

Irish Pub or Queen Vic. I was at the Sheraton last year and was underwhelmed.

For the last few years True Blue have done a large full Xmas dinner (soup, turkey stuffing mash roast etc, mince pies Xmas pudding & Brandy custard coffee etc for abot 375/400 Baht I think it was last year. You book your table for the whole day and spread the meal out all day

For the last few years True Blue have done a large full Xmas dinner (soup, turkey stuffing mash roast etc, mince pies Xmas pudding & Brandy custard coffee etc for abot 375/400 Baht I think it was last year. You book your table for the whole day and spread the meal out all day

Where is True Blue Kelpiedog?

Where is True Blue Kelpiedog?

Paully, last time I checked, True Blue was just south of Thai Phae gate, inside the moat, north of Top North hotel, in front of the Australian place (an annex), near the old BeerBar, and run by John from Scotland. I shall check with him about Xmas dinner.

and run by John from Scotland.

and tell him to sort his teeth out, it would put me off my turkey

Not nice Loaded. Maybe you should get your brain checked out.....You put me off with such a personal comment like that.

This is a discussion about where you would eat your xmas dinner. My comment is valid.

• 2 weeks later...
Any news from the Duke's regarding their xmas menu?

Less than a month away now , so I am gonna have to book something soon

UG? Anyone else?

Cheers

TP

Pretty much everyone I talked to last year said the Duke's was amazing and I know that Dave really likes to make holiday meals special.

I have booked already without even seeing the menu but he has mentioned all kinds of wonderful dishes that he intends to try.! :o