Ayutthaya police hunt rip and run gas station bandit

webfact

Ayutthaya police hunt rip and run gas station bandit

att.jpg

Fill her up please! Thanks, goodbye! [image: Thairath]

AYUTTHAYA:-- A man was caught on CCTV driving off without paying after filling up. But the cameras failed to reveal the licence plate clearly.

Pump man Manatchai Yiatkrathot at the PTT station on the Ayutthaya - Ang Thong road told police that the driver asked for a full tank and when the fuel had been delivered asked for the 940 baht, reports Thairath.

The driver then made two requests:

"Do you have engine oil?"

"No we don't."

"Do you sell drinks?"

"Sorry, we don't sir."

The driver of the Honda then drove off quickly without paying in the direction of Ang Thong.

Unfortunately the CCTV footage was inconclusive. But Manatchai did recall that the man was about 30 - 35 and wearing football shorts.

Pump boss Sripho Wayuphat said that another incident happened last year when a man had 200 baht put in the tank only to say he had no money giving a useless unusable old mobile phone instead before driving off!

Source: Thairath

tvn.png
-- 2016-05-06

He has an ID card and a photo from this is held in someones files. Check the files and find out who he is. Probably lives in the area or close by so shouldn't be too big a job to find him

I am sure PTT can absorb that massive loss and not claim it from the poor gas jockey.

Perhaps this was a wake-up call to upgrade the efficiency of the CCTV system.

I doubt they will absorb anything. They'll probably deduct the missing amount from the attendant's paycheck.

It's amazing how many times CCTV results are so poor because of the lower resolution from cheaper cameras.

Obviously robber-friendly? Faces and number plates blurred.

I discovered differences among my 4 expensive cameras based on different lens sizes yet had equal stated resolution.

Had to carefully choose the the best one to get number plates, even from 6 metres away.

Edited by Jing Joe

Running seems to be a repeated theme here: Car accident , getting gas, Just tattoo "feet don't fail me now" on all runners caught Forehead so they have warning.

Edited by Strangebrew