Thai police chief honors outstanding journalists

webfact

Police chief honors outstanding journalists

PNSOC590507001007301.jpg

BANGKOK, 9 May 2016 (NNT) – Ten journalists who have displayed a strong ethical and moral code of behavior were honored by the national police chief, Pol Gen Chakthip Chaijinda.

Pol Gen Chakthip officiated at an award-presenting ceremony where ten journalists were granted certificates and plaques honoring their commitment to adherence to media codes of ethics and standards.

One of the recipients was Seksom Chaengchit, a reporter at the National Broadcasting Services of Thailand (NBT).

The national police chief also presented scholarships to children of members of the Criminal Reporter & Photographer Association of Thailand.

In addition, Pol Gen Chakthip handed out plaques of honor to outstanding police officers as a token of appreciation for their hard work and contributions to society. The move is also hoped to boost officers’ morale. Acting metropolitan police commissioner Pol Lt-Gen Sanit Mahathavorn was among the recipients.

nntlogo.jpg
-- NNT 2016-05-09 footer_n.gif

This kind of recognition is a bit pre mature.... dont you think so?

Let me explain in two points.

1. To thank them for keeping ethical codes and editorial ethics.... would be attributed to someone who has been consequent over years of reporting. Not just a few school looking kids that reported or avoided reporting on issues that would raise more question.

2. Journalism is a sacrifice of sticking to the truth and highlighting to the public eye events normally hidden. What article or articles are these brave journalist congratulated on.

So my question What outstanding piece of literature or report or event did they cover? On the contrary it looks like they are congratulated on not exposing some high profile...thus saving face....

That if the case! then it is not Journalism! Journalism is a combination of Truth, Literacy and personal ethics that assist the reader understand the situation in all details and makes the judgement or be informed of the action taken.

Well on my opinion as working for TV news reporting this honor means: They work just on the guidline of a Junta ruling the country: never say the truth, just work as a mouthpiece!

How appropriate that they are mostly women and are on their knees in front of the police men!

I would submit that both groups are facing the wrong way and wearing too much clothing for the real business to take place.

Some years back I was in a newsroom in Bangkok (no names, no pack drill) when the most hated man in politics of any generation walked in. As expected he was surrounded by a posse of sycophants, ministerial aides and probably a rent-a-crowd member or two. But what really struck me and appalled me was the attitude of the journalists in that place - to a man and woman, they all gave a deep wai and massive grins and warm smiles of welcome to this hideous creature, even though moments before they were expressing their utter disgust at him - and of his cretinous son, the cop killer, Mr Happy Toilet.

Consider the source: it's the National News Bureau of Thailand.

In other words, their number 1 channel of propaganda, spewing fake news to make the junta look good.

These journalists are just stooges for junta deceit, just like the students they paraded the other day.

Some years back I was in a newsroom in Bangkok (no names, no pack drill) when the most hated man in politics of any generation walked in. As expected he was surrounded by a posse of sycophants, ministerial aides and probably a rent-a-crowd member or two. But what really struck me and appalled me was the attitude of the journalists in that place - to a man and woman, they all gave a deep wai and massive grins and warm smiles of welcome to this hideous creature, even though moments before they were expressing their utter disgust at him - and of his cretinous son, the cop killer, Mr Happy Toilet.

The "we up here - you down there attitude" still works perfect and it will as long as Thais are not allowed to grow back bones, ask questions or have a different opinion in what they call an "education system".

Edited by Lupatria